Support our Sponsors >> Thai Friendly | Pattaya News | Pattaya Unplugged | Buy a drink for Soi 6 Girls | Thailand 24/7 Forum | TPN Property | La La Land bar | NEW PA website | Subscribe to The Pattaya News |Pattaya Investigations | Rage Fight Academy | Buy/Sell Businesses | Isaan Lawyers | Siam Business Brokers | Belts Of Mongering - Mongering Authority | Add your Text or Event here

IGNORED

Looking For Condo/Apartment For 1 Month

MaiKowJai80

Hi all

I've been reading various threads on the forum and searching google for a few solid days now. I feel my search is like trying to find a needle in a haystack so thought I'd start this thread and ask board members for some help and advice. I'm looking for a place to stay from April 23rd-May 23rd 2012

Is this still classed as high season? I'm unsure if high season ends on the 20/4/2012 when song kran finishes?

I am looking to stay in a newish build(condo/serviced apartment etc etc), ideally built within the last 2 years(i'm searching with this criteria in the hope that the room will be less weathered and more comfortable).

I haven't been to thailand in 6 years and a lot has changed in pattaya since(new builds/malls/bars), back in 05 I stayed for a week at Chang Thong Place in south pattaya, this place is a perfect example of why I've started this thread.

...Back then Chang Thong Place was a fairly new build and good value for money, the rooms were clean and comfortable.

SoiDB - Chan Thong Place [Pattaya - Serviced Apartment]

The rooms are still priced reasonably well at 12,000 baht but I'm pretty certain that the rooms will be more worn in and run down as the years have passed. I'm looking for something similar to this place that has been built quite recently.

I'm looking to spend anything up to 20,000, I can stay in a room at 6,000 baht as long as it is secure, clean, modern, cockroach free with cable tv, fridge and clean shower, outside space would be nice and an added bonus

I'd like somewhere that was easy to navigate from either with baht busses or moto taxis but would rather not stay too rural as although the rent may be slightly cheaper the travelling costs would bump up the monthly total

I understand that some of the question I've asked may have been covered before but I've done alot of reading myself and would really appreciate some up-to date information from members on these new builds or anywhere that has maintained a high standard and the rooms are still like new...I don't want a dingy, depressing room hahaha

I hope some of you can help with my search, I've sent out contact form after email after contact form and still haven't heard anything back, I hope some of you can help with my search

Thanks in advance :)

i stay at pattaya hill resort last march 2011 in very nice condo just up the big hill past the go kart track £310 for 4 weeks very nice place pm me if you need any more deatils regards craig from blackpool :)

dont know of anything so new available to rent for 1 month offhand, but try contacting Dancewatchers.com, they highly recommended on this board.

my fave place is dianaoasis.com they have some newr/refurbed places if that fits your criteria.

links below.

happy hunting

http://www.dancewatchers.com/Luxury_View_Talay_6_Condo_rentals_room_views.html.html

http://www.pattaya-addicts.com/forum/topic/69840-diana-oasis-apartments/

i stay at pattaya hill resort last march 2011 in very nice condo just up the big hill past the go kart track £310 for 4 weeks very nice place pm me if you need any more deatils regards craig from blackpool :)

Thanks for your reply m8, pm sent :)

dont know of anything so new available to rent for 1 month offhand, but try contacting dancewatchers.com, they highly recommended on this board.

my fave place is dianaoasis.com they have some newr/refurbed places if that fits your criteria.

links below.

happy hunting

http://www.dancewatc...views.html.html

http://www.pattaya-a...sis-apartments/

Thanks for your reply m8, I've read that thread umpteen times now haha, dianaoasis keep cropping up so it must be quite decent. I contacted Dancewatchers with my dates and asked for a response with what rooms were available at at what rate, haven't heard back :(

what about this place ? KTK Royal Residence http://ktkpattaya.com/roomrate.html

keep the suggestions coming please :)

glad to keep you amused.

dont know the ktk but it has been reviewed on here.

in some instances Dancewatchers havent been as quick on the ball as some members would like, but remember, this aint kansas!

TiT this is thailand

enjoy.....

DW if they have a opening.

As I assume, you have seen the advice , I will repeat it

Get a hotel room for a couple of days.

There is no substatute for boots on the ground.

That said, the condo that I rent from has some condo's that are

from 5Kb a month 30sm to tripple condo converted to 90 sm.

Mine was/is very basic

I would say at your bottom of list , however there some very fancy ones here

too ( only a guess but on the board where post, talk about new refits etc)

All that said this bldg is 25 years old, but the water, ele, and elevators work :)

800 M from Jomtien Beach.

If ya want I can get ya a few numbers.

Up to You

Mark

Improving one Issan girls cash flow , one cash grant at a time !

glad to keep you amused.

dont know the ktk but it has been reviewed on here.

in some instances dancewatchers havent been as quick on the ball as some members would like, but remember, this aint kansas!

TiT this is thailand

enjoy.....

haha yeah as i say i've tried to read loads on here, i found that dianaoasis thread in the search but then reading various other threads it's been linked, & you don't know what the thread is until you open it hahah must have seen that one 10+ times

I'll wait for Dancewatchers to respond, if i don't hear back from them it's not a problem, infact it's cheap at the price(cost of an email) to see how they handle business, I'm taking that approach to the company's I've already contacted, If they can't be bothered to respond to a potential customer then I don't have much confidence with these company's in the event of a problem

Thanks again

DW if they have a opening.

As I assume, you have seen the advice , I will repeat it

Get a hotel room for a couple of days.

There is no substatute for boots on the ground.

That said, the condo that I rent from has some condo's that are

from 5Kb a month 30sm to tripple condo converted to 90 sm.

Mine was/is very basic

I would say at your bottom of list , however there some very fancy ones here

too ( only a guess but on the board where post, talk about new refits etc)

All that said this bldg is 25 years old, but the water, ele, and elevators work :)

800 M from Jomtien Beach.

If ya want I can get ya a few numbers.

Up to You

Mark

Hi m8

I realise the lower end of the budget will be hard to find, I don't mind thai type accomodation as long as newish,

I remember years ago staying at some condo's that were 7000 baht but the furnishings were too basic and quite aged then( I still see similar properties (more aged now) at similar prices online but they're not for me this time)

I don't mind paying a bit more for some more comfort but for me it's finding a balance and good value, I know the exchange rates are messed up so thing are more expensive these days, 15000 baht used to be £200 now it's £300 but that being said I'm finding it hard to justify paying £500 for a month in pattaya.

I've stayed in pattaya for longer periods and I guess that's why I find it hard to contemplate paying these higher rents, I know there's value out there and there still will be, that's why I'm after some advise from board memebers

If I have to turn up for a few days then so be it but I'd rather have an good idea of where I'll stay or where to look first just to save some grief and so I can start enjoying myself sooner

....It will take me a couple of days to get used to the heat, the food and the scene again and I'd rather not be walking around looking for places on the ground if possible

I'm looking at returning in june for 3-9 months so will definately use my month long stay to scout properties for my extended stay but would rather start enjoying my month's stay asap.

I hope that makes some sense with my search

Thanks for the responses, I appreciate members taking the time to post and I hope the suggestions can keep flowing

Thank you

Have you had a look at Pattaya Bay Resort? I'm pretty sure they do rooms for around the 15-20kbaht per month and are close to the action.

Cheers

The funny thing about first impressions is you don't get a second chance at them!

The Tycoon Suites in Soi 9, off Pattaya South Rd., is new, very nice and close to the WS action ;-) It is a serviced apartment-building, and it is hard to find a condo for rent for just 1 month. Most of the owners/agents these days only want to rent condos out for 2-3 months ...

Songkran should be finished by the time you get here - no problem. I still recommend Dancewatcher - I have had great service in the past & can highly recommend.

PM me for additional info - if needed - glad to assist you.

haha yeah as i say i've tried to read loads on here, i found that dianaoasis thread in the search but then reading various other threads it's been linked, & you don't know what the thread is until you open it hahah must have seen that one 10+ times

I'll wait for dancewatchers to respond, if i don't hear back from them it's not a problem, infact it's cheap at the price(cost of an email) to see how they handle business, I'm taking that approach to the company's I've already contacted, If they can't be bothered to respond to a potential customer then I don't have much confidence with these company's in the event of a problem

Thanks again

If you use this form you get an answer the same day if not the same hour http://dancewatchers.com/Room_Request_for_dancewatchers.com.html

test1.gif

If you use this form you get an answer the same day if not the same hour http://dancewatchers...tchers.com.html

hi dancewatcher

i sent my first query using that form but I'm still awaiting a response, I made another enquiry about 10 minutes ago, again using the form linked, it seemed to process and send without a hitch so i hope to hear from you soon. thanks

I suggest that you look around Soi Buakhow... I stayed in a place called Baan Kittima on Soi 19 Chaleomprakiat Pattaya sai 3 (it's the Soi which starts from the 7/11 next to the R-Con condhotel opposite from Ayuthaya bank). It's a new building finished only last august. The rent was 12000 baht for about 40 sqm room electricity, water, cable TV, cable internet, aircondition, room cleaning 3 times a week and bedsheets change included. Balcony. No kitchen. It has security and key card access. They also have cheaper rooms for 8000 baht but they are quite small. Unfortunately they don't have a website.

But as Marko has already said over the web you will find only overpriced offers. I stayed in various condos in Jomtien and Central Pattaya areas. And I should tell you they are not worth the value. The rooms are of the same size as the place I described above. Similar furniture. I assume you pay extra for the gym and the swimming pool but from my experience the Gyms there are crap (it's easier just to buy a year membership at california wow for 10k and enjoy a proper gym than this parody) and I rarely use the swimming pool anyways. If you really want to use a swimming pool go to Pattaya Park.

There are tons of clean, new properties available for way cheaper with everything included. Look around Soi Buakhow and Pattaya Tai. Most of them are not advertised over the web so you will ahve to look around yourself and ask.

• 4 weeks later...

hi all

im sorry ive not been online or back to this thread. I booked a room with Dancewatchers and im looking forward to visiting los again. I'll update on my experience. thanks again to everyone thats contacted me and helped with info and suggestions

best wishes