IGNORED

Apex Photographic Studios (Naklua)

Apex Photographic Studios

Hello to all,

Recently, Apex has made some posts under a different account. That account has been returned, and we have opened this account. This account is the only sure shot way to get definitive information without any misunderstandings about this business.

I regretfully say, we were on the way to being open for business and begin trading as a company by Feb 10th, 2012. However, due to unforeseen circumstances, we have elected to remain closed for another 5-6 weeks. We simply did not meet our deadlines and instead of rushing into it, we have decided it would be better to remain closed until we are 100 percent ready to start trading.

However, if anyone is interested in any photographs to be taken, I can put you in touch with some freelancers that will be working for us in the near future. We will be taking on two photographers upon opening. One is from England and one is from Russia.

We are also in need of a few more promo pictures, so if there is anyone here interested in having a free session over the next few weeks, please PM us and we can discuss if you fit our requirements. We prefer a Farang Couple/Farang family to take pictures on the beach. One in the morning, afternoon, and sunset. In return, we will give one A2 print on Canvas or Matte fine art paper.

Thanks!

APEX

Thanks for the update guys...Knowing the both of you as I do, your delays are solely in the best interest of the customer. Much appreciate the update..

Cya both in March. :Hug1: :Hug1:

Elephants are really, really big compared to televisions....yet I saw a whole herd of 'em on my TV only yesterday..Go figure?
Oh..I nearly forgot..Ehhhh?

ALLEY

Hi APEX

Good Luck with your new company! Do you have a website? What services will you offer? Who are your target markets?

I have some ideas where Isan Flowers could maybe want to work with you

Simon

Isan Flowers - Pattaya's Flower, Balloon & Gift Service - Please Tell Your Friends

Thanks for the update guys...Knowing the both of you as I do, your delays are solely in the best interest of the customer. Much appreciate the update..

Cya both in March. :Hug1: :Hug1:

Yes, it is in the best interest of the customer and company... We don't want a customer to feel we are not professional and doing the best job we can, therefore we are holding off until we are ready....

Cheers Alley

Best of luck to you both in your new venture.

Thanks Fred

Hi APEX

Good Luck with your new company! Do you have a website? What services will you offer? Who are your target markets?

I have some ideas where Isan Flowers could maybe want to work with you

Simon

Website is under construction, but will be www.apexphotographicstudios.com

I will release a complete service and pricing list upon a closer time to opening. I don't feel it neccessary to release this information until we are ready to start trading. If you want to discuss your ideas, you can PM me. I have done some stock photography of flowers before. But also keen to hear what you are thinking. Cheers,

APEX

• 1 month later...

Keep us up dated please.

:Wassup1:

• 1 month later...

Website is looking great.

Best of luck

fred..

Hello everyone,

Just an update. We would like to inform everyone here that there are NO issues with this business, we are a new business and must take the proper precautions as to how our business is represented in the public eye. We were therefore left with no other choice but to part ways with one of our photographers.

Apex will continue along it's intended path of becoming one of the premier photographic studios in the Pattaya area.

We can be contacted via email, phone, and website:

Tel: 038-725-003 (Office)

Email: [email protected]

The website is being updated to reflect the recent changes in staff and also introducing attractive new lower priced packages.

We look forward to meeting all your photographic needs in a professional manner.

Thank you,

Apex Management

Thankyou for changing the website.

Hello everyone,

Just an update. We would like to inform everyone here that there are NO issues with this business, we are a new business and must take the proper precautions as to how our business is represented in the public eye. We were therefore left with no other choice but to part ways with one of our photographers.

Apex will continue along it's intended path of becoming one of the premier photographic studios in the Pattaya area.

We can be contacted via email, phone, and website:

Tel: 038-725-003 (Office)

Email: [email protected]

The website is being updated to reflect the recent changes in staff and also introducing attractive new lower priced packages.

We look forward to meeting all your photographic needs in a professional manner.

Thank you,

Apex Management

Thank you for the studies you did for my Japanese friends who recently stayed with us. They are now back home and are absolutely delighted with the results, the portraits will now hang as the central point in each of their homes.

Thank you for the studies you did for my Japanese friends who recently stayed with us. They are now back home and are absolutely delighted with the results, the portraits will now hang as the central point in each of their homes.

You are more than welcome. Please pass on to them that we were pleased to have them and are thankful for their business.

Apex

**Update to our Studio Pricing (20-May-12)

In Studio Packages

PACKAGE A:

10 Digital Photos (on DVD or USB memory stick)

1 x A2 print (Fine Art Matte paper)

6,500 Baht

PACKAGE B:

7 Digital Photos (on DVD or USB memory stick)

5,000 Baht

PACKAGE C:

4 Digital Photos (on DVD or USB memory stick)

1 x A3 Print (Fine Art Matte paper)

3,500 baht

PACKAGE D:

2 Digital Photos (on DVD or USB memory stick)

1 x A4 Print (Fine Art Matte paper)

2,500 baht

On Location Packages

PACKAGE E:

7,500 Baht

PACKAGE F:

6 Digital Photos (on DVD or USB memory stick)

6,000 Baht

• 2 weeks later...

I am currently adding more content to the website and doing updates. The price list page is current and accurate. Check the Special offers page for discount rates on packages A & E.

Here are few pics from the studio and on location that were produced by Apex.

Please feel free to contact us at [email protected] or visit our website at www.apexphotographicstudios.com Thanks!

www.apexphotographicstudios.com-001.jpg

www.apexphotographicstudios.com-002.jpg

www.apexphotographicstudios.com-003.jpg

www.apexphotographicstudios.com-004.jpg

I want to share a few photos from a session we did for a young couple from Siberia, Russia. They were on their honeymoon in Pattaya and hired Apex for some bridal/engagement photos in a tropical setting. Photoshoot took place at Wong Amat Beach (Naklua Rd, Soi 18).

www.apexphotographicstudios.com (001).jpg

www.apexphotographicstudios.com (002).jpg

www.apexphotographicstudios.com (003).jpg

www.apexphotographicstudios.com (004).jpg

www.apexphotographicstudios.com (005).jpg

www.apexphotographicstudios.com (006).jpg

www.apexphotographicstudios.com (007).jpg

Apex Stdio use.

I recently had the pleasure twice of using Apex Studio. Once while acting as assistant to Anna in a shoot for a friend of Robin’s, who wanted some woman photographed. Anna was the lead photographer, i took some pix and helped shift lights and so.

The second time, all on my own with a good friend of mine who had asked me for a few nice pictures to send to her boyfriend. Unfortunately, I can’t show either of the sets here, because the models asked me not to for obvious reasons of their own.

But as a whole, the studio worked well. There is plenty of space , a choice of three seamless backdrops (white, grey and black, plenty of studio flash units with softboxes and a few with umbrellas. They are all triggered by a radio controlled flash trigger that slots into the flash shoe of most cameras. Once you made a few test shots, you can determine your aperture and away you go. Gone are the annoying sync cords of my studio past, which always tangled and got in the way.

Upstairs is a big room that acts as dressing room, with a choice of clothes and wraps, some costume jewelry, and a few more props. My second model found a nice pair of cut off blue jeans that were much shorter then the ones she came in, and grabbed a white cowboy hat and a guitar. Women like dressing up, and she had fun. There is a shower up there, mirrors, and the girl can take her time getting prepared. One word of caution, one of the models was not the smallest little TG, but rather well endowed, and the choice of costume for her was a bit more limited. But she did find a nice colourful wrap that really emphasised her qualities well.

On the whole, the set-up worked, I put on some morlam/lukthung music that put them at ease, and went to work.

One thing I learned was interesting. I have done ‘glamour‘ type shoots before, sometimes with Robin, sometimes alone. But this time a young Russian woman, Anna, had taken charge. And I found to my surprise that the dynamics were slightly different. She interacted with them in a different way from us blokes, and actually noted different details from what I would have noted. The way hair falls, little details about costume, and the way it drapes. Little accessories, details, but sufficient to make the girls take note that care was taken.

I noted things that maybe others didn’t see, each has an eye for different details.

Anna could go up with the girls to the dressing room, make suggestions, and assist in a way that maybe would not have been appropriate for me.

The second thing i found was the difference between working solo, and working in a team.

I have worked in a professional setting before, using similar equipment, and have been a photographer for more years then I care to remember. But most of my work was in a different field, and much of it with objects rather then models.

And none of these were professional models. (Working with a pro model is totally different, they can take over the shoot, will need very little prompting, understand the importance of light, of little modifications in posture and pose, and often work by instinct as well as experience.) But amateur models, your own family, your wife, girlfriend, or the cute girl down the road who gave you a massage, and after you told her she was cute, consented to come and be photographed by you, well that is different from a pro model.

They take time, and coaching. They will be self conscious to start off with, maybe shy, overly concerned about what they perceive as flaws in their beauty. “I am too fat” “My bum is too big”, “I am ugly”, “I am old lady”

They need a lot of attention and concentration from the photographer, constant interaction, rapport, eye contact, smiles and re-assurance. All that while the photographer simultaneously needs to keep any eye on his lighting, are the flashes charged, is the aperture still OK, is the backdrop covering all the background, are there any things in my image that shouldn’t be there, is her hair picking up the right highlight, etc etc.

A major learning for me, who has most of his life worked solo, was that working in a team can take the stress out of it. If there is more then one person on the set, watching for details, pointing out things, making suggestions, it can save a lot of stress and missed or dud shots.

I am not suggesting having a crowd, I think a model, one photographer and one assistant would be fine, maybe if the model wants to bring one friend, for confidence and support, that’s OK. more then 4 people on the set can be too many.

This is even more important for those who are not very experienced pro photographers, but fairly new to a studio setting. Having someone to take care of some details while you look after what’s most important for you, can make all the difference.

I am sure that with some consultation with the people at APEX, you can come up with a tailor made package the provides you with just that level of assistance that will make your shoot a success, and will give you memories you can treasure for a long time. Remember also, the successful outcome of a photo shoot may have an impact on the way your model looks at you!

So most of it was good.

Downsides? Just before our session, one of the two main studio flashes had burnt out, so a back up was used that consisted of one of the portable battery powered flash units. That worked fine, plenty of power, but the modeling light was not proportional to the other mainlight, so modeling lights could not be used for balancing out the lighting.

In days of expensive colour film, trial and error and bracketing would have been the answer, but expensive. But today, with digital 3” screens on back of the camera, exposure could be tested and adjusted by looking at the test shot, so it wasn’t a big deal. I have been told the replacement unit is on its way as I am writing this.

The other mild downside was that on the day of my solo shoot, we arrived at midday and the studio had been unoccupied during the morning. It was one of the hottest days in the season in Pattaya, and the two airconditioners were having a hard time getting the temperature down to comfortable levels, and upstairs was the same. I did end up using a big standing fan, but that interfered a bit in terms of wind and hair blowing around.

If I had been a bit more familiar with my model, if she’d have been my GF I would have taken my shirt off, she might have done the same, but she wasn’t. She was very proper, so I resisted my impulse to suggest it.

Most days of course this won’t be an issue, but if you are on the hottest day of the season, come early morning, or late afternoon. If I’d had known beforehand, I could have booked and they would have turned on the airco in the morning.

The studio prints on a new, state of the art Epson pigment printer and uses archival paper, so unlike older type photographic prints, these you can put on your wall and be sure they will still look the same in 40 years time or more.

This is the place i have been looking for since I settled here 4 years ago, and I’m sure I’lll be back.

Hi lkkrang,

Thank you for an honest & unbiased opinion (good and bad points). This is the sort of feedback we are looking for, without this feedback, we can not improve our services.

Anna or myself will be available for hire as assitants for 300 baht per hour as an assitant (should someone hire the studio and not have an assitant). In anycase, one of us will be at the studio for the entire time of hire, just incase there are any technical issues with equipment, etc... However, to use us as assistants (positionning models or lights), a fee will be incurred.

Regards to the Air Cons, we have had them serviced recently and they are working fine. However, I believe them to be a bit too small for the space, to cool the building down efficiently from a stand still in the middle of the day. The best answer for this at the moment is book in advance. This way we can ensure the aircons have been turned on in the proper amount of time. In the meantime, we are looking at replacing one of the units with a larger unit.

With respect to the failed AC voltage Strobe unit. I have ordered a new one and it should be in the studio by the end of next week. All of our equipment has been imported from the US, therefore it is not as easy as shooting up to BKK and getting a new one. As in anycase of failure, we do have back up equipment on the premise that can yield the same results.

In addition to our on-location gear for hire, we are adding to the line up 2 x Elinchrom Ranger Quadra (400ws) w/high speed heads and a small assortment of modifiers by Elinchrom, and also adaptors so we can use all of our Photoflex modifiers on the New Elinchrom equipment.

Best Regards,

APEX

Just back in town for my first full day today and went by to see my special friend. she mentioned getting some pictures done in fancy thai dresses. how far is your place from central pattaya? im not that familar with naklua and wong amat.

Hi Fred, I have sent you a pm...

Thank you

apex

Thanks for sending the message apex but it seems to far for me on the map. I will try somewhere a bit closer in town. thanks anyways.

Hi Fred, no worries.

I understand your concerns of traveling out of your way.

Thank you for your interest. I can recommend using a Thai operated studio for the type of photographs you are after. Most western studios will most probably not have the setting or Thai dress you seek. Big C in central pattaya have Thai studios that advertise on the ground floor in small kiosks. They would probably be your best bet, as they do this type of photography on a regular basis.

Regards,

Apex

In Studio Packages

PACKAGE A:

6,500 Baht

PACKAGE B:

7 Digital Photos (on DVD or USB memory stick)

5,000 Baht

PACKAGE C:

4 Digital Photos (on DVD or USB memory stick)

1 x A3 Print (Fine Art Matte paper)

3,500 baht

PACKAGE D:

2 Digital Photos (on DVD or USB memory stick)

1 x A4 Print (Fine Art Matte paper)

2,500 baht

On Location Packages

PACKAGE E:

7,500 Baht

PACKAGE F:

6 Digital Photos (on DVD or USB memory stick)

6,000 Baht

Our standard packages offer prints in Fine Art Matte paper, but can be substituted for Fine Art Canvas or Fine Art Semi Gloss prints upon request.

*Each package price is based upon a 2.5 hour sitting (in Studio or on Location). Additional time will be charged at 1,000 thb per hour

**Travel costs for locations outside of Naklua, Bang Saray, Pattaya, East Pattaya, Jomtien will be priced at 800 thb per hour.

***Extra digital edits will be charged at 500 thb per image & Extra prints will be charged at prices listed in the Prints section.

Studio Hire

• Studio hire – 1,500 thb (1hour)
  • Studio hire – 4,000 thb half day (3 hours)
  • Studio hire – 7,000 thb full day (6 hours)

*Hire times are between 8:00am & 5:00pm (odd hours negotiable and will NOT incur extra charges) **Prices inclusive of all studio equipment & facilities, with exception of editing/printing station

On location equipment hire

• 2 x 400w – 1,500 thb per unit per half day (3 hours)
  • 1 x 800w ring flash – 1,700 thb per unit per half day (3 hours)
  • Each unit can be rented for a 24 hour period for only 7,500 baht

TERMS & CONDITIONS – On Location equipment hire

Deposit 25,000 thb per unit (deposit is returned upon returning of the gear in an undamaged condition).

Rental time starts when the equipment leaves studio and stops upon return of equipment to studio.

Includes brief on how to use the equipment.

Reflectors and light modifiers included.

Prints:

• A2 Print (Fine Art Matte paper or Canvas) – 1,500 baht
  • A3 (Fine Art Matte paper or Canvas) – 800 baht
  • A4 (Fine Art Matte paper or Canvas) – 500 baht

All of our media is printed only on Imported Fine Art Archival paper or Canvas and is archiveable for 200+ years, setting our prints apart from the standard printing you will find in the area.

***All Prints and Digital copies of photographs will be ready for delivery to Client No later than 3 days after session.

• 5 months later...

We haven't been very active with updates recently, we apologize. Would like to share with you guys some updates of our recent work.

Thanks for looking and we hope to be able to serve your photographic needs in the near future!!!!

_MG_6988_resize.jpg

_MG_7049_resize.jpg

Apex Personal-005.jpg

Apex Personal-0010.jpg

Apex Personal-011.jpg

Couple Na Jomtien-001.jpg

Couple Na Jomtien-004.jpg

Couple Na Jomtien-007.jpg

DD for Apex-01.jpg

DD for Apex-02.jpg

DD for Apex-03.jpg

DD for Apex-07.jpg