IGNORED

Are condos safe?

onthego

I'm looking for accommodation for about 3.5 weeks and consider either a hotel\/GH or a condo.

It seems that a condo can be more value for money (nicer room for the same cost), but is it equally safe, for example in terms of breakins?.

Any advice?.

TIA.

if safety that big an issue, no idea how to assure you.

zillions of safe hotels and condos here, but nowhere is 100% guaranteed in the world.

http://www.pattaya-addicts.com/forum/topic/69840-diana-oasis-apartments/

is my recomendation.

try here too

http://www.pattaya-addicts.com/forum/topic/96089-hotel-vs-condostudioappartment-pros-and-cons/

safe hunting.

only difference is no 24/7 "check in" so you need to know who you bring

home

Improving one Issan girls cash flow , one cash grant at a time !

only difference is no 24/7 "check in" so you need to know who you bring

home

wildly inaccurate diana estate has barriered security 24/7 and always checks/takes id cards.

if woman turns up solo they ring room1st or check by pools/resto in person BEFORE letting any "guests in "

far and beyond what most hotels do imo.

Thanks for the replies.

I've asked this question since it seems that while staying at a hotel/GH there's a front desk or staff which looks after the place, and this potential deters burglars and alike from roaming the place.

I'm looking for accommodation for about 3.5 weeks and consider either a hotel\/GH or a condo.

It seems that a condo can be more value for money (nicer room for the same cost), but is it equally safe, for example in terms of breakins?.

Any advice?.

TIA.

Yeah, stay away from the balcony ! wj

wildly inaccurate diana estate has barriered security 24/7 and always checks/takes id cards.

if woman turns up solo they ring room1st or check by pools/resto in person BEFORE letting any "guests in "

far and beyond what most hotels do imo.

That may be true for "your" condo, !

However, I have stayed at "Jomtien Plaza Condo" behind the former "Love Joys" No check in.

VT2a and If I did not stop and have my girl of the give her ID at the front desk, we would

just cruise in, hit the elevators............They have a "pass key" front door, but almost every time

I went to Food Land, the door man would open the door for me, If I had

both hands full, no ID check.

The Avenue condo, they have a double set of "pass key doors".

The Majestic-Jomtien has Desk in front of the elevators, they never ask for ID.

Does have CCTV ...............

So some do check ID, and have good security.

THE OP I think was asking about "break-ins" not if a condo checks your girls ID.

3.5 weeks, well thats a month, OK, so you can rent a condo for 1 month, you'll have to put up a security bond for most places, then the month's rent, plus they'll probably be elect/water - you got to check if these are included or extra charges - then there could be a few other charges like pool charge and rubbish charge. So you have to be certain to be clear about all the charges and factor them in. I'm currently paying 14,000 Bt for a real nice unit (separate bedroom off the lounge) with a pool at my doorstep, I'm not using the AC much at the moment as it's not that hot at night, so I expect the elect bill to be under 1K. So about 15,000 Bt a month, or 500Bt a day. I won't find this level of luxury in a hotel/resort for 500 Bt a day. But anything less than a month I'd stay at a hotel.

pubstud: I agree. If I was staying for a shorter period, I'd be lookinjg for a hotel, no doubt. However, my stay is nealry a month, so a condo/studio/apartment thing may be a better value for money. I'm still exploring this option, though. As you've mentioned, there are quite a few extras on top of the rent. Plus, there is typically no room service/cleaning/linen change etc., which can somewhat degrade the "holiday" feeling.

If ya go the condo direction, some include a 3 times a week service in the price.

For some that too is a extra charge.

On the other hand, if you chose to break the "3 day rule" and you pick the

right lady she will cook and clean for you.

Generally speaking, NOT the 20ish ones, but the late 20's early 30's

BG's will "take care"

Don't fall in love !!

Mark

The Avenue condo, they have a double set of "pass key doors".

What is double set of pass key doors?

One morning I shot an elephant in my pajamas. How he got in my pajamas, I don't know

If ya go the condo direction, some include a 3 times a week service in the price.

For some that too is a extra charge.

On the other hand, if you chose to break the "3 day rule" and you pick the

right lady she will cook and clean for you.

Generally speaking, NOT the 20ish ones, but the late 20's early 30's

BG's will "take care"

Don't fall in love !!

Mark

good points.

the only things i hear re breakins are that security more often than not are the culprits!

i guess thats why so many peeps are looking for personal recommendations from places we all RENT.

All the monthly deals I've had in Thailand include maid service once a week. So once a week the maid will come in and change sheets, towels, clean bathroom, sweep & mop floors, I find once a week is sufficient. If the floor needs a sweep at any time I don't mind doing that, and changing sheets once a week is more often than i do myself at my own apartment back in Perth, there I'll change my sheets about once a month...lol... oh and if you play your cards right you can get to poke the maids when they come around once a week.