"Only Newbies go home when planned" ©2012

"I don't run a gogo, i run a dance academy" Â©2014

"Sauna and milkshakes a winning combination" Â©2015

Facebook Group ::: Pattaya Bar Crawls and Parties

• Replies 50
  • Created
  • Last Reply

dammit no jam????? sexyfarang is right its a dealbreaker

i'am in a jam airline KINGFISHIER just gone bust and yes was booked on it FXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXX

I'd not stayed in CT, but ate breakfast there almost every morning. The breakfast is nice and my BFs are being served as any other customer which is much appriciated.

I never get to met Dave, but I never did ask either. Maybe I'll get to meet him during next trip :)

It's better to pay now then to pay later. Nothing is free.

I'd not stayed in CT, but ate breakfast there almost every morning. The breakfast is nice and my BFs are being served as any other customer which is much appriciated.

I never get to met Dave, but I never did ask either. Maybe I'll get to meet him during next trip :)

He may have been there............... :wacko: sometimes wear's a dress.... .........all in good taste of course...raises cash for the Rotary Club.

Zmanz

I'm not normally far away mate & be good to meet fellow Addicts anytime, Yes Billy, apparently I look better in a dress. :GoldenSmile1:

$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$AFBADGE.jpg

Friendly place, last time I was there, a English tranny was enjoying a cup of tea nobody batted a eyelid.

• 4 months later...

Hi all,

I feel I just have to say a few words about how great Daveo has been through my booking!

I have changed my dates once, and then I found the room I had booked had not got a balcony(a must for us smokers) and on both occasions he responded quickly and helpfully! as he has done to any/all of my e-mails/PMs I have sent!

I would say that this kind of service is A+ and is such a good sign of how he must run his guesthouse/hotel!

So far I couldn't recomend him high enough!

Bill

I stayed in Canterbury Tales for three weeks last July and could not have been happier. The location is great, the room I (3A) had was large and comfortable and the price very reasonable. Every day many local expats would show up to have breakfast and chat with each other. As Flynn said in his post above, nobody batted an eyelid when a gentleman wearing a dress or skirt showed up and had a cup of tea. Dave is a great guy, he has lots of stories about Thailand and was always willing to answer questions, even stupid questions that he must have heard a million times. The expats were very friendly as well and answered my questions as best they could.

Being an avid reader myself, I found it very convenient to be living in a book store.

In short, I found Canterbury Tales to be a great place to be and would not hesitate to reccomend them to anyone looking for a cheap and comfortable guest house.

Hi all,

i also stayed at the Canterbury Tales in february and was planning to write something about it kind of as an answer to a review from some newbie member flaming the place to the ground, a review i read just before my trip started... It would be a bit silly to open a new thread so i hope the OP don't mind using this thread.

The rooms:

I've stayed at several due to the fact that i interrupted my stay in Patts with visits to BKK and Koh Chang. I've found them big, comfortable, clean and overall better than i expected. I don't know anymore how much i payed for each single room, but i never payed over 600 baht high season. The pics are not retouched ( one of that newbie's critics) what you see is what you get, minus my mess that's laying around.

post-61934-0-62054500-1331114202.jpg

post-61934-0-38916000-1331114240.jpg

post-61934-0-68208400-1331114269.jpg

post-61934-0-18700600-1331114299.jpg

post-61934-0-97688000-1331114389.jpg

post-61934-0-79751600-1331114451.jpg

post-61934-0-27518600-1331114518.jpg

post-61934-0-03074900-1331114579.jpg

Some balcony views of the soi

post-61934-0-95511500-1331114627.jpg

post-61934-0-61462800-1331114650.jpg

view from the terrace

post-61934-0-06806100-1331114731.jpg

The area:

Its just a minute walk to Soi LK Metro, Buakow and Soi Diana, yet its a bit more quiet in Chayapoon. There are also some really cheap bars ( 45 baht a beer and 2 for 80 baht in the afternoon) like barbies, Triangle bar is a good place to hang out late at night

post-61934-0-45425200-1331114801.jpg

post-61934-0-94153900-1331114857.jpg

There are a lot of massagesalons in the soi, but that's not really my cup of tea, i enjoy the sight though.

A bit further down the soi you have ' Pon's bar' , didn't saw it was a ladyboy bar till i walked in but i enjoyed the place, very laid back, not expensive and some of the 'girls' are a real challenge to play pool with.

post-61934-0-79625000-1331115019.jpg

post-61934-0-43042600-1331115063.jpg

post-61934-0-06330500-1331115131.jpg

one of the waitresses

post-61934-0-13964200-1331115156.jpg

The local pool championnette and the guy that lost the game

post-61934-0-03151000-1331115186.jpg

Back to Canterbury Tales.....

The breakfast:

Well, chips are indeed French fries in English and that's a bit heavy for me as a first meal. I did found the (75 baht) egg on toast with tea and orangjuice very tasty. Though, it would have even been better with jam instead of marmalade...

The bookshop:

They have lots of books in different languages, you can bring books from home or from another place and exchange them against new books which is handy. Dave is very helpfull in finding the books for you if you are too lazy to search them yourself.

Personal impressions and experiences at CT:

I was under the impression that Jaew ( don't know how to pronounce her name, it would be a miracle if its written correct:-) Dave's wife, is the one that really runs the guesthouse while Dave is chatting with the guests and taking care of his books. In that 'bad' review i've talked about earlier Jaew is discribed as being a bitch basicly, that is not my opinion, she is one of the most joyfull, honest and helpfull persons i've met, on top of it, she has some humour aswell.

Every problem was taking care of ASAP and with a smile, problems being, me messing up the tv-channels , empty batteries in the airco remote control and me not knowing how to use the safe........ and the next morning needing help to take out my belongings. If you need info, or order a taxi

When i booked i ordered 2 rooms and cancelled 1 while ending up showing up with a friend anyway. I've got upgraded and could stay at a better room for the same price, being honest i tried to explain the situation to Jaew saying it was actually my fault, she didn't want to hear about it, IT MUST HAVE BEEN DAVE'S MISTAKE 55555 i didn't complain anymore

The boy that works there is helpfull to carry your bags to the room etc.... yet he ( or nobody from the staff) is standing around begging for tips. When i did put some fair tip in the jar (with the upgrade and so) there was nobody from the staff around, the next day they came to thank me, i didn't really know what was going on untill Jaew called from behind her desk to say it was for the tip from yesterday. Call me silly, but than also show me the man who don't want the people he tip to know it was him.....

We made a trip to Koh Chang on our motorbikes and where my bag was supposed to be there was a girl sitting to join me, seeing the difficulties we had, we got offered to leave some of our luggage at the guesthouse free of charge.

Staff get treathed well and with respect from the patrons, being workingclass myself, that's a thing i always pay attention to. That was also the case with the girl i brought with me the last week. I only barfine girls i like, i find attitude and personallity more actractive than looks and i do have respect for them aswell, therefore i hate it if i walk in some place to spend my money and the girl i'm with is ignored as if she don't exist, sometimes they don't even pretend. At CT she was always taking care of, greeted in the same way i was, staff and patrons and even the regular customers alike. To show you how rare that is in Pattaya, after 2 days she mentioned: ' Hey, people here they really friendly, not same every place'

Actually i think that the last sentence, what the girl said, is the real reason i will be staying at CT again when i return in october for my next trip.

Thx again to the OP for using his thread

Andy

Gr8 review + damn good pics!! This will really influence my decision whether 2 consider staying there or not if i find LK Metro 2 noisy after 2 a.m. Thanks 4 all the input!!!

Thanks guys, I do enjoy the daily gossip with the lads and all the new guys as well as the many friends I have made over the years since we opened in 2005, we do our best to keep it this way.

Cheers Dave

• 2 weeks later...

Thanks mate, yes have shown many newbies the error of my ways, probably why I am so un-healthy LOL

• 3 months later...

When I go into town , I go there for breakfast. I take the opportunity to check my e-mail and update my apps on my iPhone.

I checked the speed on 18/12/2012 and it was 15.84mbph 1.02mbph 37ms.

JDM

if you are Looking to rent an apartment in a condo take a look at my website.

http://www.condopattaya-rent.com

Can we get some speed investigator's down there to Canterbury Tales?

Is there anymore ?

Hi i am thinking of staying here in April, any feedback about the speed of the internet would be appreciated

I have had no problems with the internet speed...

Also on offer at Canterbury Tales Cafe.

small brek 1 copy copy.jpgsmall Breky # 2.jpgsmall Fish n chips.jpg

Thanks for posting Dave. I'm looking forward to it seeing those pictures.

• 1 month later...

Hi all,

i also stayed at the Canterbury Tales in february and was planning to write something about it kind of as an answer to a review from some newbie member flaming the place to the ground, a review i read just before my trip started... It would be a bit silly to open a new thread so i hope the OP don't mind using this thread.

The rooms:

I've stayed at several due to the fact that i interrupted my stay in Patts with visits to BKK and Koh Chang. I've found them big, comfortable, clean and overall better than i expected. I don't know anymore how much i payed for each single room, but i never payed over 600 baht high season. The pics are not retouched ( one of that newbie's critics) what you see is what you get, minus my mess that's laying around.

attachicon.gifthailand feb 2011 040.jpg

attachicon.gifthailand feb 2011 041.jpg

attachicon.gifthailand feb 2011 042.jpg

attachicon.gifthailand feb 2011 043.jpg

attachicon.gifthailand feb 2011 223.jpg

attachicon.gifthailand feb 2011 224.jpg

attachicon.gifthailand feb 2011 225.jpg

attachicon.gifthailand feb 2011 235.jpg

Some balcony views of the soi

attachicon.gifthailand feb 2011 070.jpg

attachicon.gifthailand feb 2011 054.jpg

view from the terrace

attachicon.gifthailand feb 2011 230.jpg

The area:

Its just a minute walk to Soi LK Metro, Buakow and Soi Diana, yet its a bit more quiet in Chayapoon. There are also some really cheap bars ( 45 baht a beer and 2 for 80 baht in the afternoon) like barbies, Triangle bar is a good place to hang out late at night

attachicon.gifthailand feb 2011 236.jpg

attachicon.gifthailand feb 2011 237.jpg

There are a lot of massagesalons in the soi, but that's not really my cup of tea, i enjoy the sight though.

A bit further down the soi you have ' Pon's bar' , didn't saw it was a ladyboy bar till i walked in but i enjoyed the place, very laid back, not expensive and some of the 'girls' are a real challenge to play pool with.

attachicon.gifthailand feb 2011 227.jpg

attachicon.gifthailand feb 2011 057.jpg

attachicon.gifthailand feb 2011 058.jpg

one of the waitresses

attachicon.gifthailand feb 2011 059.jpg

The local pool championnette and the guy that lost the game

attachicon.gifthailand feb 2011 060.jpg

Back to Canterbury Tales.....

The breakfast:

Well, chips are indeed French fries in English and that's a bit heavy for me as a first meal. I did found the (75 baht) egg on toast with tea and orangjuice very tasty. Though, it would have even been better with jam instead of marmalade...

The bookshop:

They have lots of books in different languages, you can bring books from home or from another place and exchange them against new books which is handy. Dave is very helpfull in finding the books for you if you are too lazy to search them yourself.

Personal impressions and experiences at CT:

I was under the impression that Jaew ( don't know how to pronounce her name, it would be a miracle if its written correct:-) Dave's wife, is the one that really runs the guesthouse while Dave is chatting with the guests and taking care of his books. In that 'bad' review i've talked about earlier Jaew is discribed as being a bitch basicly, that is not my opinion, she is one of the most joyfull, honest and helpfull persons i've met, on top of it, she has some humour aswell.

Every problem was taking care of ASAP and with a smile, problems being, me messing up the tv-channels , empty batteries in the airco remote control and me not knowing how to use the safe........ and the next morning needing help to take out my belongings. If you need info, or order a taxi

When i booked i ordered 2 rooms and cancelled 1 while ending up showing up with a friend anyway. I've got upgraded and could stay at a better room for the same price, being honest i tried to explain the situation to Jaew saying it was actually my fault, she didn't want to hear about it, IT MUST HAVE BEEN DAVE'S MISTAKE 55555 i didn't complain anymore

The boy that works there is helpfull to carry your bags to the room etc.... yet he ( or nobody from the staff) is standing around begging for tips. When i did put some fair tip in the jar (with the upgrade and so) there was nobody from the staff around, the next day they came to thank me, i didn't really know what was going on untill Jaew called from behind her desk to say it was for the tip from yesterday. Call me silly, but than also show me the man who don't want the people he tip to know it was him.....

We made a trip to Koh Chang on our motorbikes and where my bag was supposed to be there was a girl sitting to join me, seeing the difficulties we had, we got offered to leave some of our luggage at the guesthouse free of charge.

Staff get treathed well and with respect from the patrons, being workingclass myself, that's a thing i always pay attention to. That was also the case with the girl i brought with me the last week. I only barfine girls i like, i find attitude and personallity more actractive than looks and i do have respect for them aswell, therefore i hate it if i walk in some place to spend my money and the girl i'm with is ignored as if she don't exist, sometimes they don't even pretend. At CT she was always taking care of, greeted in the same way i was, staff and patrons and even the regular customers alike. To show you how rare that is in Pattaya, after 2 days she mentioned: ' Hey, people here they really friendly, not same every place'

Actually i think that the last sentence, what the girl said, is the real reason i will be staying at CT again when i return in october for my next trip.

Thx again to the OP for using his thread

Andy

you said back to the canterburry , 

please come back to those sexy ladyboys part

freelancers or work there ?

Cheers

Zmanz

I'm not normally far away mate & be good to meet fellow Addicts anytime, Yes Billy, apparently I look better in a dress. :GoldenSmile1:

Sorry to rain on your parade Dave "You don't".

Far to many good looking "cocks in frocks" in Pattaya.

:CumOnFace:

if you are Looking to rent an apartment in a condo take a look at my website.

http://www.condopattaya-rent.com

Fair comment, I will refrain then, OK.

• 3 months later...

Thanks Dave, i stayed in your guesthouse for 4 weeks and completely  enjoyed my stay.

Thanks also to your staff very helpful.

Chris

HI Chris

Good to meet you mate, look forward to next time.

All the best Dave

Archived