IGNORED

Bangkok Airport

pete120456

Not sure if this thread is in the correct section but travelling to Pattaya for the first time in a months time.

The question i'm asking when plane has landed roughly how long does it take to go through passport control, collect luggage, etc etc, make way upstairs or downstairs (not sure which) to get a Taxi ??

I'm thinking about 2 or 3 hours is this correct ??

Any help or advice will be very much appreciated.

Depends on how many fuckers are waiting at Immigration. Avoid this pack by walking further down past the Fast-Track, to the "other immigration" which is hardly ever overloaded.

Try to travel with just carry on. I've done this now for 30+ trips all over the world.

a) If you join the huge mass plus have check in, allow 2 hours for fucking around.

b) If you get fast track (hehe like I do) or go through the other immigration with carryon bags - Plane to Taxi <30minutes. 15 at best...

And p.s book Mr T Taxi to Pattaya, his service is great. The driver waits for you at Door 3 on Arrivals level "meeting point" takes your bags and walk to his car in carpark (eg Honda Civic) and drives to Pattaya in 1 hour 15 minutes at 140-150Kmh. [email protected] he will confirm via return email 1000B all up including tolls, tip driver 100B.

B) Plus Mr T is effortless and stress free way to be in Pattaya.

Edited by LRanger

It really depends on when you are landing.

I have bags to collect and from walking off the plane to getting into a cab it has been between 25 - 90 minutes.

In 20+ trips its taken more than an hour on maybe 5 or 6 occasions. I'd say on average it has been 45 - 60 minutes.

I'm generally landing around mid morning. There are various immigration check points. Keep walking past the first one you come to and go to the ones further down. Like you would with a toilet right? The first ones off the plane are always the busiest.

welcome.

the kindest, and best advice that will serve you well for many years to come is

1 go to top floor 4th departures and haggle with an outgoing cab for a rate of 1000 baht including tolls at best, if touts havent clued you in b4 you get that far and

2 use the SEARCH

function first before asking such obvious and oft repeated noob questions.

good luck

I arrived on December 21st and it took me less than 1 hour to go thru passport control, collect my bag and walk downstairs to catch the bus to Pattaya. I would have been through the passport control 10 minutes faster but they were questioning a dodgy looking Farang about where he would be staying. He said "A hostel". Looked like he arrived broke for his holiday, but they eventually let him in. Even if I got throught faster, I would have needed to wait for my bag. There is a mini mart open 24/7 on the ground floor near the buses where you can purchase drinks and snacks at an OK price. Also cheap Thai food court down there.

:Hello: AND :c45ec00b: Welcome to the forum...

About less than an Hour, sometimes half hour... When arriving.. Go to the second left when you see the passport control, First one is always full, The second one is about 100 yards further on the left is always empty....

Like others have said, you can go through in 25 minutes or it can take in my own experience up to 45 minutes.

The things to remember is make sure you have your immigration card filled out on the plane and if you have the choice, pick a seat as close to the front as you can so that you can get to immigration before the rest of the plane. (it fucks me off when it takes people 10 minutes to sort their shit out just to get off a plane)

I love those moving walk ways as you move really quickly through the airport.

If you are flying with Thai Airways you can book a meet and greet type service where you get met from the flight and fast tracked through immigration for only Aud $22 but your countries Thai website will show you this in your currency. if you are looking where to find this, look under "Special Care Services at Suvarnabhumi Bangkok Airport" and click on the download button at their site.

Failing that, go to the closest line to the Thai national line as once they process all the Thai's they open it to foreign passports so keep an eys on the immigration person on the desk as when they will indicate when it is open, so duck under the barricade and go straight in.

• 2 months later...

Depends on how many fuckers are waiting at Immigration. Avoid this pack by walking further down past the Fast-Track, to the "other immigration" which is hardly ever overloaded.

Try to travel with just carry on. I've done this now for 30+ trips all over the world.

a) If you join the huge mass plus have check in, allow 2 hours for fucking around.

b) If you get fast track (hehe like I do) or go through the other immigration with carryon bags - Plane to Taxi <30minutes. 15 at best...

And p.s book Mr T Taxi to Pattaya, his service is great. The driver waits for you at Door 3 on Arrivals level "meeting point" takes your bags and walk to his car in carpark (eg Honda Civic) and drives to Pattaya in 1 hour 15 minutes at 140-150Kmh. [email protected] he will confirm via return email 1000B all up including tolls, tip driver 100B.

B) Plus Mr T is effortless and stress free way to be in Pattaya.

He speaks the truth. I personally use fast track too. On my next trip I even got the golf cart!

Find someone who you can love like crazy and who'll love you the same way back. You have to try, because if you haven't tried, you haven't lived. - Meet Joe Black

Until Then......

www.dancewatchers.com

http://www.devilsdenthailand.com

http://www.lolitapattaya.com/

I would estimate that it will take 40 minutes to 70 minutes, after you exit the airplane until you are at the taxi stand.

welcome.

the kindest, and best advice that will serve you well for many years to come is

1 go to top floor 4th departures and haggle with an outgoing cab for a rate of 1000 baht including tolls at best, if touts havent clued you in b4 you get that far and

2 use the SEARCH

function first before asking such obvious and oft repeated noob questions.

good luck

Especially helpful I think not........

If the OP is in Thailand for the first time rather than first time to Pattaya than your opening point is reckless at best.......

Plenty of services already mentioned in the thread to pre book a taxi for an amount hardly more than "hoping" to pull a deal at departures for a new guy on the block.........

Poor advice........Sorry.

Especially helpful I think not........

If the OP is in Thailand for the first time rather than first time to Pattaya than your opening point is reckless at best.......

Plenty of services already mentioned in the thread to pre book a taxi for an amount hardly more than "hoping" to pull a deal at departures for a new guy on the block.........

Poor advice........Sorry.

I think you have a good point. The OP is a newbie and a little advice at the airport can be a very handy thing.

I jumped in Taxis three times before a couple of senior citizens took me under their wing and showed me where the Bell Bus leaves from.

The cost was 200 baht instead of 1300 baht and I put the savings to good use. I usually arrive in BKK about 8am so I usually get through immigration and customs in 30 minutes. I don’t mind that the Bell Bus leaves at 9.30 am because I buy my ticket and visit the food hall next door for breakfast. When I catch a taxi I usually sleep for the hours drive to Pattaya and the Bell busses are just as comfortable so there is no difference. The trip takes about the same time but you have a bit of messing about changing to the mini cabs for the door to door delivery to your hotel. There is not much happening in Pattaya in the mornings so you don’t miss out by taking an extra 30 minutes.

The SEARCH feature is handy but can be tricky for a newbie so I give them some leaway in the first 50 posts. Nice to be nice,,,we were all newbies once.

There are some that only employ words for the purpose of disguising their thoughts.

Voltaire

Well, I'm still a relative Newb to the Pattaya scene, but haven't had any problems arriving at BKK yet.

The first piece of good advice you're getting here is to book a cab, and Mr T is very well regarded. A simple e-mail and you'll have a driver patiently waiting for you when you've completed all the arrival formalities. Makes your first arrival much easier.

mr_taxi_to_pattaya.jpg

I've arrived both in the afternoon and late at night. In each case, despite feeling a need for the Immigration queues to move faster (who doesn't), I've still cleared Immigration well before the bags have started arriving on the luggage carousel. A quick stroll through the Green lane at Customs and you're on your way to Pattaya, and despite the fact that I never timed the whole process I'm estimating 40 to 50 minutes in total.

If you don't have any baht on you, change a few Quid at the Airport so you can pay your driver, and don't forget to give him a little tip when you arrive if he's got you to your hotel safely and quickly. Money changers in Pattaya will give you a shade more baht for your money, but the difference isn't huge.

All you have to do then is get over the culture shock. Sitting down for a drink in your first bar in Pattaya is always a pleasant eye-opener. :22:

Have a great trip!

Cheers

Perthie

Perthie's PA Bash and Bikini/Glow Party 19th May 2017.  Bikini clad girls in body paint, great food including pig roast, free shots, games and prizes for the lads and lasses.

6pm onwards at Sexy In The City (Soi 6) under the hosting expertise of the magnificent Xylanic.

Not sure if this thread is in the correct section but travelling to Pattaya for the first time in a months time.

The question i'm asking when plane has landed roughly how long does it take to go through passport control, collect luggage, etc etc, make way upstairs or downstairs (not sure which) to get a Taxi ??

I'm thinking about 2 or 3 hours is this correct ??

Any help or advice will be very much appreciated.

. Also do not change any money in the uk for Thai baht whether in a bank or an airport, have about 300 pounds in cash and change all that at one of the many exchanges that you will see on arrival. The rate you get hear is much better than in the uk! Bring travelers

cheques for the rest or your uk ATM card which you can use no problem in any ATM hear. Unless its one of them shitty link cardsthat some uk b/s issue, if you have one of them best place for that's the bin ha! Enjoy and take it easy

Last trip, I arrived early and my bags were unlaoded first because I was in Thai Royal Silk. I was through immigratyion and at the bell bus stand in about 30 minutes (if not less).

Depending upon when you arrive, I think the Bell bus is a great option. Only 200 baht and they take you right to your hotel. You're supposed to reserve in advance online.

Otherwise, I would book Mr. T (or my favorite, Ann's Private Taxi Service -- she handles overflow for Mr. T and charges the same) Here's a link to her website: http://www.pattaya-taxiservice.com/service%20rate.html

I strongly disagree that trying to "negotiate" a 1000 baht taxi ride is the way to go. Hell, Ann charges 1000 baht, so why go thru all of that nonsense just to pay the SAME amount?