IGNORED

Get WhatsApp

LRanger

No, it is completely different. You cannot see the activity of others in your contact list.  It is a messaging system, not a social sharing platform. 

WeChat has a form of sharing, but it is totally separate to your messaging, and you need to specifically add things to it that you may want to share.  

cheers peter..i give it a bash..owe you a beer

• Replies 61
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Lol....I realised you can't delete photos unfortunately. The thread was "using bar toilets". A topic that is of some interest to you I know.

The real question is how the hell I posted in the wrong thread. I have no idea.

Hmm not sure if I have that much of an interest in that topic but I do have some funny photos that I could contribute to it.

My Youtube Channel about everything Thailand - TravInThailand

• 2 weeks later...

WhatsApp is IM (text) only Skype is voice....

Skype has far better security too. WhatsApp accounts are almost completely unprotected and routinely get hacked, and the company has been banged recently for breaching data privacy laws by storing non-user contact details.

If you ever want to keep two seperate lives, don't use WhatsApp. 

a few of them BG's use Tango as well...

Your right, a lot of BG's use Tango as well. I didn't even know about it until one showed me and downloaded it for me. It's ok, you can use it for calls when you are back home to them, it's free, and it has video call too, if you are a stalker or do what I do and ask to see their ' assets' :)

I have discovered a few great apps for my smartphone, just like What's App.

The first is called "Off Button". You just press it and away you go. Defiantly DOES NOT drain the battery or use location.

Another is called "Talking" I always use this in conjunction with "Off Button" and get great results. You can send messages by speech and it responds to facial gestures.

I'm also really loving "Smile" and I use it a lot when I talk to customers at work. I've also experimented with "Warm Handshake" and "Eye Contact" Great thing is, I've told all the girls at work about these fantastic new Apps and they love them. I've told them that, "Smile" "Eye Contact" and "Talking" are free apps and that when you use them in the club they actually PAY YOU MONEY. . They have all download them and use them regularly. Phil

Phil

Best set of apps ever and fantastic at privacy (except from the BG network)

tumblr_mozsz8Bsd61qauzwfo2_250.gifIn honour of Smoakparktumblr_mozsz8Bsd61qauzwfo3_250.gif

I have been using another app called wechat. Similar to whatsapp but not as popular as it is. But, mostly Thai girls use it and it is easy to make friends with it.

I have been using another app called wechat. Similar to whatsapp but not as popular as it is. But, mostly Thai girls use it and it is easy to make friends with it.

Yes, its a good app, and mentioned a few times in the thread.   It is starting to go global (It started in China as Weixin, and now has >300 million users, so quite popular :-) )

It has a lot of cool extra features over Whatsapp, and like you, I've also noticed a lot more Thai girls using it. 

Anyone who lives within their means suffers from a lack of imagination

Around 40% of my friends here in the UK use whatsapp. The rest are all Thai. I use line too.

Like is slightly better in the sense that you can make phone calls too. Plus stickers which are like glorified emotions.

Whatsapp and line - the mongers best mobile friend. I use the dating sites quite a lot to set up dates with girls for when I come and the first question after initial exchange of interest is 'do you have whatsapp or line?' 99% of the time they have 1 or the other. I tend not to let the non p4p girls see my Thai FB as its full of pics of me with bar girls from previous trips.

• 4 weeks later...

I find many more people using VIBER and the connection is very good especially if you are near a wi-fi point. VIBER sometimes has a beter connection than SKYPE but it varies from day to day and the weather conditions.

Just lucky man to be here with so many lovely girls to choose from.

:ThumbUp6:

I'm still using WhatsApp for IM, its neat and easy to use with no useless clutter/ads. Sending pics and videos is very easy.  For video Tango seems usually to have better quality than Skype but if its a shit internet connection, neither is very good.

Think I'll check out Viber

p.s Facebook is disaster on so many fronts I think, with Thai relationships.

I'm a big fan of whatsapp, but while most of my Western friends are on whatsapp I have more Thai contacts on Line and WeChat.

I don't really like Line. It's very slow at times - a message comes through on preview and when I open up Line to view it I might have to wait another 20 seconds before it comes through - frustrating when you are busy.

One mistake I always make with whatsapp is exiting while in a conversation screen with someone. Then I get a preview message from someone else, open up whatsappp to reply, and find I'm replying to the wrong person. It can get dangerous when you've got colleagues, friends, family, and lovers all on there! 

Whats the deal with Viber or are we just seeing the start of WhatsApp clones?

IMO WhatsApp and LINE cover all bases with LINE being super popular for some reason in Thailand. As 999 said they do like their emoticons maybe thats it?

Oh pet moan I don't like the ay you cant remove people from the WhatsApp contact list. If a number in your phone book is also registered on the WhatsApp server it auto populates the contact list.....

Open a chat. Open sub menu and select block. Done and dusted

Archived