Support our Sponsors >> Thai Friendly | Pattaya News | Pattaya Unplugged | Buy a drink for Soi 6 Girls | Thailand 24/7 Forum | TPN Property | La La Land bar | NEW PA website | Subscribe to The Pattaya News |Pattaya Investigations | Rage Fight Academy | Buy/Sell Businesses | Isaan Lawyers | Siam Business Brokers | Belts Of Mongering - Mongering Authority | Add your Text or Event here

IGNORED

Get WhatsApp

LRanger

The problem with whatsapp is it asks to get in your contact list, if you reject, it will not download. If you accept, it will have access to ALL your contacts and can spam them at will with your name on it!..............

Been using it for a couple of years and never had any spam issues.

• Replies 61
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Just tried to get this but it says it's not available from the apps UK store, any suggestions at all would be grateful

Using iPod touch

• 1 month later...

LINE is better as it combines all the features of WhatsApp and Skype so you can text and call from a single app all over a Net connection.

Believe nothing just because a so-called wise person said it. Believe nothing just because a belief is generally held.

Believe nothing just because it is said in ancient books. Believe nothing just because it is said to be of divine origin.

Believe nothing just because someone else believes it.

Believe only what you yourself test and judge to be true.

WhatsApp is IM (text) only Skype is voice....

Believe nothing just because a so-called wise person said it. Believe nothing just because a belief is generally held.

Believe nothing just because it is said in ancient books. Believe nothing just because it is said to be of divine origin.

Shows how long its been since I used Skype.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

ex-wife in my contacts... :Think1: ..and several thai girls....is it like facebook where everyone can see whose in your contacts and all your conversations...im sure they would have lots to talk about tho.. :Attitude:

Line is really good except for all those stupid stickers everyone sends!

My Youtube Channel about everything Thailand - TravInThailand

Whats the deal with Viber or are we just seeing the start of WhatsApp clones?

IMO WhatsApp and LINE cover all bases with LINE being super popular for some reason in Thailand. As 999 said they do like their emoticons maybe thats it?

Oh pet moan I don't like the ay you cant remove people from the WhatsApp contact list. If a number in your phone book is also registered on the WhatsApp server it auto populates the contact list.....

I used whatsapp for a long time and though it was good, then I tried Line and soon had stopped using whatsapp altogether. I've now uninstalled whatsapp and just use Line. Making phone calls with it is a huge plus. Yeah, the stickers get on my nerves a bit, I never send the damn things but Thai girls seem mad about the stickers. Anyway, my recommendation is Line.

Women are made to be loved, not understood.

The problem with IM clients on the iPhone or Blackberry is that people use different ones. 

I use Line, WhatsApp, Skype, Viber and Wechat (Weixin) all the time because my friends cannot agree which is better.  Either can I though. 

WeChat is not big in Thailand yet, but massive in China & probably only a matter of time.  

Anyone who lives within their means suffers from a lack of imagination

Using whatsapp (95%) and wechat with GFE who keeps in touch... be warned. Since 17/11/2012 my received message counter is well above 10k. :)

Luckily I like to keep in touch also, so not really a problem.

Its a great app. Been using it for 12 months now on a android. Good thing about it is when ever your in a wifi zone you can use it for free.

ex-wife in my contacts... :Think1: ..and several thai girls....IS IT LIKE FACEBOOK WHERE EVERYONE CAN SEE YOUR CONTACTS AND CONVERSATIONS...im sure they would have lots to talk about tho.. :Attitude:

Thinking of downloading it if anyone can answer above ...CHEERS

I have discovered a few great apps for my smartphone, just like What's App.

The first is called "Off Button". You just press it and away you go. Defiantly DOES NOT drain the battery or use location.

Another is called "Talking" I always use this in conjunction with "Off Button" and get great results. You can send messages by speech and it responds to facial gestures.

I'm also really loving "Smile" and I use it a lot when I talk to customers at work. I've also experimented with "Warm Handshake" and "Eye Contact"Great thing is, I've told all the girls at work about these fantastic new Apps and they love them. I've told them that, "Smile" "Eye Contact" and "Talking" are free apps and that when you use them in the club they actually PAY YOU MONEY. . They have all download them and use them regularly.Phil

Phil

See you at Le Pub, soi Diamond.

Le Pub Facebook Page

Le Pub YouTube Channel

Thinking of downloading it if anyone can answer above ...CHEERS

No, it is completely different. You cannot see the activity of others in your contact list.  It is a messaging system, not a social sharing platform. 

WeChat has a form of sharing, but it is totally separate to your messaging, and you need to specifically add things to it that you may want to share.  

I have discovered a few great apps for my smartphone, just like What's App.

The first is called "Off Button". You just press it and away you go. Defiantly DOES NOT drain the battery or use location.

Another is called "Talking" I always use this in conjunction with "Off Button" and get great results. You can send messages by speech and it responds to facial gestures.

I'm also really loving "Smile" and I use it a lot when I talk to customers at work. I've also experimented with "Warm Handshake" and "Eye Contact" Great thing is, I've told all the girls at work about these fantastic new Apps and they love them. I've told them that, "Smile" "Eye Contact" and "Talking" are free apps and that when you use them in the club they actually PAY YOU MONEY. . They have all download them and use them regularly. Phil

Phil

Haha, nice one Phil! 

What?!  You mean actually talk to other human beings?  Are you mad man? :-)

I have discovered a few great apps for my smartphone, just like What's App. The first is called "Off Button". You just press it and away you go. Defiantly DOES NOT drain the battery or use location.Another is called "Talking" I always use this in conjunction with "Off Button" and get great results. You can send messages by speech and it responds to facial gestures. I'm also really loving "Smile" and I use it a lot when I talk to customers at work. I've also experimented with "Warm Handshake" and "Eye Contact"

Great thing is, I've told all the girls at work about these fantastic new Apps and they love them. I've told them that, "Smile" "Eye Contact" and "Talking" are free apps and that when you use them in the club they actually PAY YOU MONEY. . They have all download them and use them regularly.

Phil

Phil

Damn I must be really tired at the moment.

I tried to search Smile and Eye contact in the App Store ...PS there really are apps called that but they looked really boring.

It was not until I started typing Warm Handshake that I paused and thought "wait a minute".

Believe it or not but the latest phones and apps DO respond to facial gestures but I suspect not whilst you are using the off button app.

Now excuse me whilst I give myself a forehead slap.

Edit. Wrong thread

What the heck!?

What thread were you responding to?

Edit. Wrong thread

What the heck!?

What thread were you responding to?

Lol....I realised you can't delete photos unfortunately. The thread was "using bar toilets". A topic that is of some interest to you I know.

The real question is how the hell I posted in the wrong thread. I have no idea.

Archived