IGNORED

Get WhatsApp

LRanger

I've been using WhatsApp now for both business and my thai friends. I thoroughly recommend it if you want to communicate across Iphones/Blackberry/Android. Any smartphone.

Does not cost any more as long as you and your friends are on a data plan. Vastly cheaper than SMS or MMS.

I don't usually plug such things but this one is good.

• Replies 61
  • Created
  • Last Reply

and you can send picture for free... i used it when last in thailand. its fantastic for keeping in touch with home while your away for free

Posted Image

I haven't tried it as being a cheap charlie I look for free apps. Viber is free and works pretty well, but only to other users wih viber.

I can have this at home............................or this in LOS, thats why I go

post-25755-0-87905900-1355607024.jpg                   post-25755-0-06858900-1359758265.jpg

Thanks for the recommendation.

I was actually looking at it last night on iTunes wondering if I should get it.

I will now.....another I was looking at is Heytell.

It's for leaving voice messages kinda like a walkie/talkie from what I can work out.

I'm going to give this one a try also.

My Youtube Channel about everything Thailand - TravInThailand

Actually I just saw your recommended app does EVERYTHING.

Downloading it now in preparation for the trip tomorrow.

Actually I just saw your recommended app does EVERYTHING.

Downloading it now in preparation for the trip tomorrow.

It is seriously good - if you are getting a Thai SIM get a data plan with it. Can send SMS, photos come in seconds, voice recordings.

And its FREE for a year and then $1.99US/year after that.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

I stay in contact with a Thai girl who works as a tour guide in BKK. I've been friends with her for a while, and I'm hoping to see her again on my next trip in November.

She uses an iPhone, but I use an Android. She told me about a few apps that she uses, and since installing them I find them really useful too.

One of them is WhatsApp Messenger (by WhatsAPP Inc.) as mentioned by the OP. A fantastic free app that allows you to send images, video, voice recordings, geo location etc. I can't recommend this enough.

Another one she told me about was Voxer (by Voxer). I didn't know what to make of this at first, but it has grown on me the more I use it. It's like a walkie talkie and saves sound clips in a chat history. You just press and hold the button, then speak into the phone as normal and release. Simple app but really cool. If you don't want to talk you can also text instead. A nice feature is that it tags your location when you record, so for those that would like to keep track of where their lovely girls are calling from, this is a really useful app.

The last one she told me about was Line (by Naver), which is very similar to Skype. They like it because you can send big stickers with "I love you" and "Don't worry, be happy", but other than that its a cool text messenger (not as good as Whatsapp IMHO) and it allows you to make phone calls over the internet. Sound quality is very good too.

I can also recommend Whatsapp as it seems to be the most used application across all phone types presently, I use mine privately as well as for business on a daily basis, nothing like uncomplicated real time chatting and instant picture transmission.

For voice I use Skype as I have the most contacts over this medium, I do have most of the other apps mentioned but I believe that it's somewhat of an app overload.

It really depends on how many of your contacts use which service and naturally which of these apps work well.

The two I mentioned work perfectly for me.

I've been using Viber for quite a while now, to send sms and pics to my tgf,

we both find it very easy to use. we also use skype to chat on camera from phone or laptop, both of which, do not cost a penny.

Earning money for my next Thai flight

What's app is great, I use it to communicate with a few of the bm's here actually... Drains my battery big time though, used to have 50 % on the end of the day, now it barely lasts 15 hours. Probably because we text like girls

What's app is great, I use it to communicate with a few of the bm's here actually... Drains my battery big time though, used to have 50 % on the end of the day, now it barely lasts 15 hours. Probably because we text like girls

You haven't sent me a message for 3.21 minutes, are you ok? I am worried! Do you ever sleep?

You haven't sent me a message for 3.21 minutes, are you ok? I am worried! Do you ever sleep?

You woke me up last night, and I always have to send 5 messages to get reply to one of them

What's App, Viber and Talkatone (for anyone that needs to call north america for free) are all must have apps. You can also send your location with What's App - no more giving directions to where you are.. just Whats app it to them.

• 2 months later...

Viber is the app that i use since i got my iphone! Voxer is nice but it's not that famous...

• 3 weeks later...

I've had this app for a while best way to keep in touch with the ladies while I'm back in the US. I think its a free trail for a year then a 99. one time fee (not sure but I think) I'm pretty sure that I will go ahead and pay the 1.00

"Picky girls, don't get picked... simple as that."“It's a funny feeling being taken under the wing of a dragon, it's warmer than you'd thinkâ€

Another one she told me about was Voxer (by Voxer). I didn't know what to make of this at first, but it has grown on me the more I use it. It's like a walkie talkie and saves sound clips in a chat history. You just press and hold the button, then speak into the phone as normal and release. Simple app but really cool. If you don't want to talk you can also text instead. A nice feature is that it tags your location when you record, so for those that would like to keep track of where their lovely girls are calling from, this is a really useful app.

Voxer - Recommended by 9 out of every 10 stalkers!! :laugh:

• 4 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...

Try Kakao Talk it's free for android, iphone, blackberry.. It's awesome!

• 4 weeks later...

whatsapp is amazing, it even tells you who in your phonebook already has the app on their phone so no need to "add" people to it like MSN messenger or whatever, they're all already there as soon as you install. Amazing stuff

• 3 months later...

The problem with whatsapp is it asks to get in your contact list, if you reject, it will not download. If you accept, it will have access to ALL your contacts and can spam them at will with your name on it!

If you have personal and business contacts on your phone as I do I don't think it is a good idea not to let any app into your personal info. Now if you have two phones and using one for travel then it maybe fine for that one.

I've been using Whatsapp since April now and have to say its the best app for communicating overseas.

whats app is the dogs bollox!!!!!

"There's plenty more prostitutes in Pattaya" ©2012™

"Only Newbies go home when planned" ©2012

"I don't run a gogo, i run a dance academy" Â©2014

"Sauna and milkshakes a winning combination" Â©2015

Facebook Group ::: Pattaya Bar Crawls and Parties

Archived