IGNORED

Visa overstay alert

St George

A heads up guys n' gals.... spotted this in the Thaindian news, which may change the way some overstayers view things:

http://www.thaindian.com/newsportal/thailand-tourism/thailand-to-jail-overstayers_100433822.html

Others may be able to verify that this new policy is true. As the article points out:

"As with many legal situations in Thailand involving foreigners and money, the rules tend to bend with the circumstances, and the mood of the relevant official or officials".

No harm in warning PA friends etc.

JUSTaskJARATSRI

Thai Translation and Thai Interpreter Service.

Phone: 0890915667

FlagHeads2.jpg

Language assistance with Banking, Legal, Medical or Personal.

Bar staff negotiation assistance.

All projects are kept absolutely confidential.

This is very old news!! The article is dated Friday, 24 September 2010. As yet I have to hear of anyone who has been imprisoned when presenting at the airport after a long overstay.

Pattaya Photos Free newbie guide to Pattaya How to get a TG a tourist visa for Australia Pattaya Weather

My moto for 2017: Don't argue with an idiot. Don't argue with.....

Others may be able to verify that this new policy is true. ..........

A report from 17 months ago, which was later refuted by Immigration is "new" WTF ???

Even the CAPITAL letters don't make it new.

Thinking of overstay as an option/alternative is dumb-dumb-dumb. I heard of guys just rocking up at the airport or land border with lengthy overstays and they calculated the fines are cheaper than a visa, or something. But what if you don't make it to the airport/border, what if a cop stops you for something and looks at your passport and see's your illegal - straight to jail.

I been coming to LOS since 1978 and I never overstayed once not by 1 day not by 1 minute. Always depart with a day or 2 to spare.

This is very old news!! The article is dated Friday, 24 September 2010. As yet I have to hear of anyone who has been imprisoned when presenting at the airport after a long overstay.

pmsl....well spotted Scumbag, i didn't even think of looking at the date as i had been reading a current article and then just clicked into that.

Plonker. :Booboo:

Oh well, it still brings to attention some of the shite we may have to put up with, and i agree with Pubstud in that i don't think it's worth the risk if one wants a long future here.

* PANIC OVER *

oops....sorry Edge,, more capitals. :Oops1:

JUSTaskJARATSRI

Thai Translation and Thai Interpreter Service.

Phone: 0890915667

FlagHeads2.jpg

Language assistance with Banking, Legal, Medical or Personal.

Bar staff negotiation assistance.

All projects are kept absolutely confidential.