Support our Sponsors >> Thai Friendly | Pattaya News | Pattaya Unplugged | Buy a drink for Soi 6 Girls | Thailand 24/7 Forum | TPN Property | La La Land bar | NEW PA website | Subscribe to The Pattaya News |Pattaya Investigations | Rage Fight Academy | Buy/Sell Businesses | Isaan Lawyers | Siam Business Brokers | Belts Of Mongering - Mongering Authority | Add your Text or Event here

IGNORED

Reliable HIV and STD testing to ease your mind

Project Pattaya

Hi all

I know the vast majority of us have either had a condom break or decided to bareback. Well. getting an HIV test in Pattaya for you and your partner can relieve a lot of anxiety and is the responsible thing to do. I found a great place to do this and the quality of the staff and test is great:

Adanced Life Laboratory

Telephone: 038411932

They are one Soi north of Soi 6 right by beach road

If you are going south on Second Rd. take a left at the McDonalds and you will see it next to two large hotels

I recommend the COMBO HIV test which checks for antigen and antibodies and is supposed to really cut the "window" down to about a week...SUPPOSED. Now, I do put great faith in this test as well as condoms (I use 100% of the time) but I do not put great faith in the fidelity and/or health consciousness of women (in general) "working" in Pattaya...God Bless Them. Maybe I am wrong, but I think of it this way: even though I think the weatherman is probably right, I still carry a set of raincoats in my motorbike, no matter what.

So, if you have a condom breakage or have decided to bareback or just want that periodic test, I highly recommend this professional testing center, which I understand will give you a more reliable test that a "rapid" test at a normal clinic.

Peace

I recommend the COMBO HIV test which checks for antigen and antibodies and is supposed to really cut the "window" down to about a week...SUPPOSED. Now, I do put great faith in this test as well as condoms (I use 100% of the time) but I do not put great faith in the fidelity and/or health consciousness of women (in general) "working" in Pattaya...God Bless Them. Maybe I am wrong, but I think of it this way: even though I think the weatherman is probably right, I still carry a set of raincoats in my motorbike, no matter what.

I remember reading that the antibody test would be sure in 21 days. Can you remember is that clinic open on weekends?

@ clayton

Hey there.

I really don't know about weekend hours, but you could call the number listed: Telephone: 038411932, or try the cell I just found: Mobile: 081-426-6984

Actually, here is a great article with multiple number as well as a map and company description: http://www.pattayadailynews.com/en/2011/03/12/51426/

As regarding the antibody test, I agree that 21 days is about right and they give the antibody test as a stand-alone if you want it. But, if you go with the COMBO test you get, as I understand it, an antibody test AND an antigen test. From what I have researched, the antigen wil start showing up in about a week after infection and then as the body starts making antibodies, the antigens will no longer be detected. This is how the window is supposedly cut down to around a week. This test is called an MEIA (Microplate Enzymatic Immunoassay) HIV test.

There is a fair amount of 'talk' on various boards regarding some places that require their BGs to be tested every 2 weeks or monthly. Some even post their "certifications". eg Devils Den

Questions:

1) Is this just BS to try to make us feel more comfortable ?

- Are the supposed clinics and health certifications bogus much of the time ?

(I understand there's still the risk of whatever happens inbetween check-ups regardless)

2) Are there higher quality areas that are truly less risky ?

- I see a fair amount of Soi 6 mentioned when guys are talking about someone or other that they found who had a problem. I don't want to assume anything about one area or another being better/worse. But I would have believed that some places are more rigorous about health safety and some probably do legitimately focus on health checks, etc. - although that could just be wishful thinking on my part.

- Assumedly, places that are more upscale cost more, yada yada. No cost consideration is ever worth encountering a cabbage patch doll.

3) Obviously physical precautions are the number 1 preventative (visual inspection, cover up, etc). In some cases, I've seen posts indicating that it's acceptable to offer to go to a clinic together and get tested together. Why not? It's safer for her too - plus it saves her $$ if you have her tested and I've heard that they can have results in an hour or so. Anyway this part is obvious.

Any real information on 1 & 2 ?

When it's about your life, the best is not to beleive anyone.

Learn how to put on and use a condom (so it never breaks).

Then you're safe. All the rest is BS for me.

+1 for this place and the doctor who runs it, he is in the picture on the website at the computer. I believe they do all the weekly std checks and monthly HIV tests for Rasputin the body massage place right next to it. This guy actually cares and is not at all about just making money (very rare in Pattaya), I recommend him 100%. They can do many kind of blood tests not just HIV from what I read on the walls, and the prices are all listed.

There is a fair amount of 'talk' on various boards regarding some places that require their BGs to be tested every 2 weeks or monthly. Some even post their "certifications". eg Devils Den

Questions:

1) Is this just BS to try to make us feel more comfortable ?

- Are the supposed clinics and health certifications bogus much of the time ?

(I understand there's still the risk of whatever happens inbetween check-ups regardless)

2) Are there higher quality areas that are truly less risky ?

- I see a fair amount of Soi 6 mentioned when guys are talking about someone or other that they found who had a problem. I don't want to assume anything about one area or another being better/worse. But I would have believed that some places are more rigorous about health safety and some probably do legitimately focus on health checks, etc. - although that could just be wishful thinking on my part.

- Assumedly, places that are more upscale cost more, yada yada. No cost consideration is ever worth encountering a cabbage patch doll.

3) Obviously physical precautions are the number 1 preventative (visual inspection, cover up, etc). In some cases, I've seen posts indicating that it's acceptable to offer to go to a clinic together and get tested together. Why not? It's safer for her too - plus it saves her $$ if you have her tested and I've heard that they can have results in an hour or so. Anyway this part is obvious.

1) yes

2) no

3) yes

When it's about your life, the best is not to beleive anyone.

Learn how to put on and use a condom (so it never breaks).

Then you're safe. All the rest is BS for me.

very well said !

My GF does regular HIV checking at Banglamung hospital, 200 Baht there for the ELISA test. This one is the standart in Europe and America. Banglamung is the working class hospital, inexpensive, but long queues.

for anybody living in england,check out" Dr thom" website,hiv test is £34.99,

you can also get tests and treatment for loads of other stds as well....

and it saves a trip to the local gum clinic too....

If you really want to ease your mind for good, get a check for the Delta32 mutation. If you have 2 copies from each mum and dad, you are immune against HIV. No idea how much that is, but probably less than a lifetime of buying condomes and HIV tests. If you are not white, don't bother.

• 1 month later...

Hi all

I know the vast majority of us have either had a condom break or decided to bareback. Well. getting an HIV test in Pattaya for you and your partner can relieve a lot of anxiety and is the responsible thing to do. I found a great place to do this and the quality of the staff and test is great:

Adanced Life Laboratory

If you are going south on Second Rd. take a left at the McDonalds and you will see it next to two large hotels

So, if you have a condom breakage or have decided to bareback or just want that periodic test, I highly recommend this professional testing center, which I understand will give you a more reliable test that a "rapid" test at a normal clinic.

Peace

I will be in Patts in a few weeks. I have a TGF ( Don't sponsor her) so this is good to know. Edited by Fyg Newton

Hi all

Adanced Life Laboratory

Peace

Cheers for the info. Do you remember how much it is to have full checks for STDs and HIV? Just wondering cos in Patts in 4 weeks and would like to get my GF and I checked out.

Thanks

PV

Pattayavirgins first Trip:http://www.pattaya-a...s-patts-cherry/

Pattayavirgins second Trip: http://www.pattaya-a...-to-21st-march/

The Registrar of Infectious Diseases at Auckland Hospital, the biggest hospital back home in New Zealand, told me that the fourth generation combo antibody / antigen test will be roughly 90% certain at 10 days, 97%+ at one month but you really still need to get tested at 3 and 6 months because there have been cases where people seroconvert freakishly late.

He also strenuously urged me not to bareback in Thailand and stressed that it is extremely high risk here!