IGNORED

Martinell Bar under new management.

Martinell Bar

hi jonny

living the dream eh..have you got a pool night? that can bring in a few people on the quietest night of the week hahah if you haven't already then you'd probably get a few thai hustlers get wind and turn up with their own ques :)

good luck with it

hi jonny

living the dream eh..have you got a pool night? that can bring in a few people on the quietest night of the week hahah if you haven't already then you'd probably get a few thai hustlers get wind and turn up with their own ques :)

good luck with it

The dream may turn to be a nightmare. Think of your worst bad experience with a thai lady that involved moneya nd muiltply that, hahaha. Only joking :) The pool night, doing it between a few bars had crossed my mind but i think i want to do something different. I no a friend who runs a bar and i play for him when im in town, he told me theres not alot of money in them, plus i would need to leave the bar to go to others and play. I would need to have some regular ex-pats on a team first. Its deffo something for the future as i love playing pool. Feel free to come play me. Im up a 100 baht a game, can play 10-20 games. Any takers are welcome to my money :)

The friendly dating site :)

banner.gif

I was in pattaya oct./nov. the thing i missed most was

the friday meetings,great place to meet wingmen and

arrange daytime meet ups.

I think this is a great business opportunity for you :Bravo1:

Tonight we will have some BBQ cooked by our girls, all are welcome to join us for some free food and a good nights fun :) Happy Valintines Day folks.

banner.gif

• 2 weeks later...

Some of our Talent :)

131.JPG

P1010016.JPG

banner.gif

bloody hell....

the one on the left is shit hot.

do these girl work in bar or FL ?

see you week friday :GoldenSmile1:

Dayo...

• 2 weeks later...

ill have to come check it out since im always at Coops everyday of my trips

I'm a regular in The Smile Bar complex, Chick N Coop is my home bar when I'm in town. The big thing I didn't like about Martinelli was the ear splitting music, especially when you start competing with your neighbors for the loudest music.

I'd wander over there more if you kept the music down. when you're watching sports or playing games or talking with your girls you like to be able to hear yourself think.

Good Luck; Next time I'm in Pattaya I'll stop by and see how you're doing.

Jonny I have to agree with Kash Buc on this . I drink in this BB complex every day when I am in town. To get to the toilets you have to walk past Martinelli Bar. You do have some very attractive and friendly girls out the front doing their very best to entice some punters into your bar. I have often paused to say hello to them and always say to them "Music too loud Darling " and put my hands over my ears. But it falls on deaf ears (I wonder why ?) so I move on.

Even from Otto Bar and Chick n Coop Bar some distance away the music from your bar sometimes drowns out any conversation you are trying to hold.

I know that all of my mates in Pattaya hate very loud music and we will go out of our way to find bars that play their music at a reasonable volume. But then again some times as soon as we find a quiet bar and sit down and order a beer some one on the staff will think it is their duty to crank the music volume up. They then wonder why we finish our drinks and wander away.

:Insanity:

Hi Jonny. I mean this as positive criticism mate, not having a pop.

I feel the same re the music................at the same time I accept its "horses for courses" and (perhaps) an age thing. I love music, of all types, but I am 80% deaf and still cant stay in your place due to volume.

Perhaps one thing to do is to make a conscious decision "are we are sports bar or not". If so then cranking up music volume probably makes no sense at all.

Advertise on Pattaya Addicts. Send me a PM for more info'

Please consider a donation to the forum!

I'm a regular in The Smile Bar complex, Chick N Coop is my home bar when I'm in town. The big thing I didn't like about Martinelli was the ear splitting music, especially when you start competing with your neighbors for the loudest music.

I'd wander over there more if you kept the music down. when you're watching sports or playing games or talking with your girls you like to be able to hear yourself think.

Good Luck; Next time I'm in Pattaya I'll stop by and see how you're doing.

Jonny I have to agree with Kash Buc on this . I drink in this BB complex every day when I am in town. To get to the toilets you have to walk past Martinelli Bar. You do have some very attractive and friendly girls out the front doing their very best to entice some punters into your bar. I have often paused to say hello to them and always say to them "Music too loud Darling " and put my hands over my ears. But it falls on deaf ears (I wonder why ?) so I move on.

Even from Otto Bar and Chick n Coop Bar some distance away the music from your bar sometimes drowns out any conversation you are trying to hold.

I know that all of my mates in Pattaya hate very loud music and we will go out of our way to find bars that play their music at a reasonable volume. But then again some times as soon as we find a quiet bar and sit down and order a beer some one on the staff will think it is their duty to crank the music volume up. They then wonder why we finish our drinks and wander away.

:Insanity:

I feel the same re the music................at the same time I accept its "horses for courses" and (perhaps) an age thing. I love music, of all types, but I am 80% deaf and still cant stay in your place due to volume.

Perhaps one thing to do is to make a conscious decision "are we are sports bar or not". If so then cranking up music volume probably makes no sense at all.

I have the opportunity to see and hear everything that happens in the bar even when I'm not there, and I will listen to the sound level in the future. I hope for your feedback about this helping :)

Edited by Martinell

banner.gif

Thanks for your input. This may have been a something that happened in the past but i can take phone calls in the bar and when i talk with customers, i do not need to shout to be heard. I turn off all music at 2am. I must also point out in my defence that some of these comments are made by customers of Chic n Coop and other bars in the middle of the complex. Becauase the top bar plays live music everynight, which is much, much louder than mine and i play music also, the middle bars get a mix of both i guess.

At the minute we have sports on the 2 40'' Lcds and 1 160'' Projecter screen. We have just this week upgraded our television package to include American sports. The reason we not have the commentray on with the sports is simply because its in thai. With our new package, there will be English speaking commentray meaning for a important games are at a customers request, the music will it turned off. I will have this all set up for Cheltenham and be showing the races live. If the bar has only a few customers all watching a game, i will ask if they want the music turned down are off and the reply is get back is normally ''What for''.

I can only defend the bar for what has happened over the last 4-5 weeks, i can not say everything about the past as i was only a customer but i never remembered having problems talking with someone and it never stuck in my head that the music was to loud.

But to clear things up, in the future when live sports are played we will have music off and commentary on. When there are no live sports and game are being repeated, we will probally have some music going, but at a decent level :)

Edited by Martinell Bar

banner.gif