Support our Sponsors >> Thai Friendly | Pattaya News | Pattaya Unplugged | Buy a drink for Soi 6 Girls | Thailand 24/7 Forum | TPN Property | La La Land bar | NEW PA website | Subscribe to The Pattaya News |Pattaya Investigations | Rage Fight Academy | Buy/Sell Businesses | Isaan Lawyers | Siam Business Brokers | Belts Of Mongering - Mongering Authority | Add your Text or Event here

IGNORED

Chiang Mai - Food

wants2marrybargirl

I don't know why, but the food here was very good. everywhere we ate was good and no one got sick. I can't remember the places we are, but they were mostly ex-pat places. Very good though.

next time take a picture of the restaurant. Always good to remember good places for a next trip or TR !

A good girl gives you happiness and a bad girl gives you experience both are essential in life so enjoy every girlfriend!

I will do it next time. All I can remeber is one was a curry restuarant and was superb. One was called juicy something and a hot dog place. All very good.

curry and a hot dog huh? thankyou for your worldy-wide culinary advice.

my only memorable meal there was some local flavoured noodles on the way out at the airport, and was too excited to be departing to bother with the name!!!!!

not a food hot spot in fairness.

Its one of those spots that has these really nice small places to eat. Curry house or something. It was great food and didnt make you sick which is two pluses.

The hot dog place was Veggitarian and amazing. No actualy mean smart ass.

Its one of those spots that has these really nice small places to eat. Curry house or something. It was great food and didnt make you sick which is two pluses.

The hot dog place was Veggitarian and amazing. No actualy mean smart ass.

so you actually retorted that it was a vegetarian no-name hot dog?? priceless.

thankyou for your quick and oh so witty response.

made me smile b4 bedtime.

its nice to be nice, try it someday.maybe.

You haven't been nice at all, where do you get off mate?

I found the places name if you were patient - Funky Dog cafe and the curry place was Hinlay Curry House.

Just had to search a bit. Damn you got a chip on your shoulder about food.

If you ever get back to Chiang Mai you MUST try the local dish. It is called Khao Soi. And it is amazing. It is my favorite dish in the world. I kid you not. You used to be able to get it at Ahnk Ahm on third road in Pattaya but no longer.

It is a bowl with two kinds of noodles, and spices, and serve with stuff you add to taste. Looks like this.

963909656_7313d7417a_z.jpg

Thanks FatJack - that looks amazing. I love eating the food when I travel as much as getting a piece. The food is so spice filled it really kicks up the sensual aspects of life.

curry and a hot dog huh? thankyou for your worldy-wide culinary advice.

my only memorable meal there was some local flavoured noodles on the way out at the airport, and was too excited to be departing to bother with the name!!!!!

not a food hot spot in fairness.

I guess that you dind't see alot of CM . There are plenty of great restaurants and dishes to discover in CM. And i mean authentic places and dishes , not the fastfood crap you can buy in Pattaya!

A good girl gives you happiness and a bad girl gives you experience both are essential in life so enjoy every girlfriend!

If you ever get back to Chiang Mai you MUST try the local dish. It is called Khao Soi. And it is amazing. It is my favorite dish in the world. I kid you not. You used to be able to get it at Ahnk Ahm on third road in Pattaya but no longer.

When I read the title of this thread I immediately thought of Khao Soi!

I agree it is amazing.

I have even found a place in Sydney that makes it.

My Youtube Channel about everything Thailand - TravInThailand

I agree it is amazing.

It amazes me that you can't get it in Pattaya. I've asked a few places and in the end they all say no. I like some of the Burmese curries too. Really nice combination of hot and sweet. Last year I went to Chiang Rai and Chiang Mai with the Outback Bar on a golf trip. My friends thought I was odd eating Khao Soi every night in CM but heck, I can't get it in Pattaya and I can get everything else up there.

You haven't been nice at all, where do you get off mate?

I found the places name if you were patient - Funky Dog cafe and the curry place was Hinlay Curry House.

Just had to search a bit. Damn you got a chip on your shoulder about food.

no " french/freedom fry" on my shoulder old bean, sorry about your irony bypass.

I guess that you dind't see alot of CM . There are plenty of great restaurants and dishes to discover in CM. And i mean authentic places and dishes , not the fastfood crap you can buy in Pattaya!

not sure why you are even bothering to guess nor why you so quick to run to judgement on the PATTAYA addicts forum.

i think i will keep my reviews on trip advisor in future, much more my cup of tea.

do enjoy your thrice fried offerings.

I don't know why, but the food here was very good. everywhere we ate was good and no one got sick. I can't remember the places we are, but they were mostly ex-pat places. Very good though.

Compared to the USA Thailand is paradise when it comes to food . Yes i've been to the US and it's unbelievable what a terrible food they serve you in

most restaurants . So tell me why you wanna eat hot dogs in ex pat places when you're in Thailand ? You miss the crap they serve you in the states ?

'And no one got sick' ... is it normal you get sick after going out for a meal in the US (when you see the lousy food they serve you i wouldn't be surprised) .

I'm in Thailand for 3 years now and eat 6 days a week Thai food in restaurants and never been sick .

Almost every dish is made to order from fresh ingredients and not like most restaurants in the West prepared 1 or 2 days before and kept in the freezer .

When a Thai restaurant serves lousy food they will be out of business in no time as the Thai are very aware of good food .

Where did you stay in CM?

• 2 weeks later...

In response its normal to get sick in Thailand. Bum rumgrand is a tourist site. So Chiang mai not causing sickness dwas a blessing.

Also, if you gotbad food in the usa than your an idiot that ate at chain restaurants. So many local amazing foods thatyou'd have to be an idiot tomiss a country that has every countries best cuisines.

This post was about Thailand, and no comparison was made to other countries.

Where did you stay in CM?

A hostel near the street market.

Khao Soi is delicious...

... But one thing I can't keep my hands off of in Chiang Mai is Diablo's, the Mexican place east of the moat. Seriously the best carnitas I've ever had, including in Mexico. There's a new Tex-Mex place inside the moat directly across from Diablo's. Not nearly as good and a waste of money in my opinion.

Personally, I think Chiang Rai, Phayao, Lampang, and even Burma have better Khao Soi. ;)

• 1 month later...

I agree it is amazing.

What restaurant in Sydney?

What restaurant in Sydney?

A restaurant called Thainatown on Goulburn St in the CBD.

I've had it 4 times and every time it tastes different, sometimes awesome sometimes awful.

My Youtube Channel about everything Thailand - TravInThailand

They serve reasonable quality khao soi gai in the food court in pantip plaza bangkok

A restaurant called Thainatown on Goulburn St in the CBD.

I've had it 4 times and every time it tastes different, sometimes awesome sometimes awful.

Know it, khop khun khrap.

• 4 months later...

It is a bowl with two kinds of noodles, and spices, and serve with stuff you add to taste. Looks like this.

963909656_7313d7417a_z.jpg

Thanks for suggestion. Can pretty much guarantee ill be sampling this in CM in couple of months time. :D

• 3 weeks later...

Khao soi. I will be making my first trip to CM and CR in Feb 2013, and I will put that and Diablos on my list. Normally, food doesn't go on my to-do list for Thailand, as it is all good to me. Gotta keep things spicy, though.