Support our Sponsors >> Thai Friendly | Pattaya News | Pattaya Unplugged | Buy a drink for Soi 6 Girls | Thailand 24/7 Forum | TPN Property | La La Land bar | NEW PA website | Subscribe to The Pattaya News |Pattaya Investigations | Rage Fight Academy | Buy/Sell Businesses | Isaan Lawyers | Siam Business Brokers | Belts Of Mongering - Mongering Authority | Add your Text or Event here

IGNORED

Mac OS X Lion on a PC

moddeydhoo

Just built a high spec PC

i5 quad core intel 3.29GHz

Gigabyte Ga867M Motherboard

8GB RAM

GT 440 video card (other cards supported)

Running Lion 10.7.2

Benchmarks faster on Geekbench that any comparable Mac

Will post pictures soon

cost is 28,000B if anyone is interested

Monitor not included.

Demo available at Starbooks on Soi Khao Noi.

• 3 months later...

Got to ask - why would you want to run OSX on a PC? Is there a reason besides cost?

One of the best things about MACs is how well integrated the OS is with all the hardware. None of the 'close lid and pray it wakes back up' of linux, or having to rebuild every few months because microsoft can't design an OS properly (I'm still not really sure whose idea the 'registry' was, or why anything would want to use it over app-specific DBs for settings etc)...

Also be careful w/ openly selling these. The iPeople get rather upset so I've heard!