IGNORED

Hotel with non-smoking rooms under 1000 baht

funfrom

Hi all,

I am going on my virgin trip to Pattaya next month (3/4 - wooo hooo!), and am still trying to decide where to stay.

The twist is that I have some medical issues (hopefully temporary) which are aggravated when sleeping in a smoking room. The smoke gets embedded into the mattress over time. I should be ok in bars etc. as that is for a relatively short time, but need to stick with non-smoking bedrooms.

It is difficult to sort out from the reviews etc. which hotels and guesthouses provide non-smoking rooms. Dynasty has them, but would prefer to spend a little less if possible.

My needs:

- non-smoking

- prefer fridge in room

- wifi

- prefer in-room safe, but can do without if have no choice, will get pacsafe

- obviously clean etc.

- decent location for newbie, I don't care whether near walking st. or towards Soi 6, but don't want to be really far out.

- prefer < 1000baht.

- no bugs, bedbugs or lice :-)

I do not care about tv or swimming pool. Shower is enough, do not need bathtub or jacuzzi.

Any suggestions?

Thanks!

Will not be easy below 1000 baht. Your best bet is to find a NEW hotel or guesthouse.

Check out www.chinagardenpattaya.com

Edited by macumba

Aus Spass wurde Ernst, und Ernst ist jetzt 5 Jahre alt.

Fuckin in Austria -......- Vagina in Russia -......-Pattaya Sun

post-17124-0-26440700-1328946704.gif

Galaxy suites, all rooms are non smoking. safe in room, good security and believe a little under 1000bht a night. and super location on soi diamond.

Dunno mate!

Galaxy suites, all rooms are non smoking. safe in room, good security and believe a little under 1000bht a night. and super location on soi diamond.

Thanks G, that looks really nice. Location looks great, though am wondering if it would be really noisy all night long.

I may be a hotel slut and move around a bit just to get a taste of different areas, maybe a week at each hotel if there are enough choices in non-smoking rooms. Galaxy looks like a great place to stay while exploring walking st.

Will not be easy below 1000 baht. Your best bet is to find a NEW hotel or guesthouse.

Check out www.chinagardenpattaya.com

Thanks. Actually 1000 is not a firm limit, just a preference. I will pay more if that is what it takes.

Chinagarden looks good, though I will need to research the location. I don't know the streets yet so cannot place it. But it looks like a nice place, so def on the short list.

Thanks,

Take a look at Irish Rovers on LK Metro. It just received an excellent review on this forum. However, I'm not sure if there are any non smoking rooms. You might want to ask.

For Galaxy just ask for the rooms on the back, very little noise. China garden is also perfect but often fully booked, The Billabong is maybe also a nice place to stay, is on LK Metro.

Dunno mate!

Take a look at Irish Rovers on LK Metro. It just received an excellent review on this forum. However, I'm not sure if there are any non smoking rooms. You might want to ask.

Thanks, I had assumed they would not, partly as it is a guesthouse and partly from the name - whoever heard of an Irish inn that was nonsmoking :-).

For Galaxy just ask for the rooms on the back, very little noise. China garden is also perfect but often fully booked, The billabong is maybe also a nice place to stay, is on LK Metro.

Thanks G, will do. I was planning to just book a night or two in a place then extend to a week or more if I like it, but looks like that is not always an option if China Garden is often fully booked.

Billabong is a guesthouse right? I just assumed (probably wrongly) those do not have non-smoking rooms, though I did msg one of them to check. Will email Billabong and Irish Rovers.

Billabong is a guesthouse yes, don't know if the rooms are non smoking tho. i stayed many times at a guesthouse 50m on the left a cross the street from soi diamond and they had non smoking rooms, unfortunatly they seem to be booked all the time as wel (best room i had in a guesthouse at 600 baht a night). this review a came across earlier http://www.pattaya-addicts.com/forum/topic/87473-classy-inn-pattaya/ maybe you can check if they have non smoking rooms as well, location can't be beaten i guess :)

Dunno mate!

Billabong is a guesthouse yes, don't know if the rooms are non smoking tho. i stayed many times at a guesthouse 50m on the left a cross the street from soi diamond and they had non smoking rooms, unfortunatly they seem to be booked all the time as wel (best room i had in a guesthouse at 600 baht a night). this review a came across earlier http://www.pattaya-a...sy-inn-pattaya/ maybe you can check if they have non smoking rooms as well, location can't be beaten i guess :)

Thanks again G. I contacted Billabong, they do not have non-smoking rooms. I will check out the other guesthouse once I am there in case they have rooms. I just emailed classyinn and should learn more about them soon.

I will post a summary in a week or so after gathering information.

Thanks.

As promised, here is a summary of the info I have gathered so far, will update if I find out more. My notes are pretty scattered, so just summarizing some stuff here, will try and be more organized from now on.

Background:

- I absolutely need a non-smoking room this trip.

- Trying to keep to a budget (aren't we all :-), so prefer <1000baht, but can easily go higher if needed.

- at the time of the original query I had not decided which area to stay in as long as it was somewhat suitable for a newbie, i.e. not too far out. After further research, it seems that soi 13 would probably suit my personality best, but will not know for sure until I get there.

- I may stay at a few different hotels in different areas just to experience the pros and cons so can plan better for the next trip. But I do not know how much hassle it is to switch hotels midtrip.

Information gathered so far, note that only a few of these are actually within the stated budget. Sorry.

1) Dynasty Inn

Alexi7 suggested Dynasty Inn in response to a different question.

http://www.dynastyinn.com/

The rooms seem decent, they responded to my email, and have nonsmoking rooms.

The website says 1480 for standard room (29 sq m), but reports on PA indicate they should be 1000-1200. I emailed them asking if they have weekly rates or other specials to bring down the price.

They have wifi, but reviews state that the wifi is dodgy in the rooms and is only consistent in the lounge area. That sounds like a big drawback as I plan on gettingwork done while in Pattaya, but probably will not make a huge difference in real life.

If the price really is 1480 I will probably use them as a landing place while I look for something equivalent and cheaper. But you know what they say about plans in LOS.

2) Galaxy Suites

Geezzer81 suggested galaxy suites along with a few other hotels, thanks for your help :-).

galaxy suites are completely nonsmoking, seem to have good reviews here on PA, and start at only 995 baht.

Quick response to my email which I always take as a good sign. However, the room is only 16 sq meters, which seems a little tight, but will not know how that feels unless I try it.The location has pluses and minuses. It is right there next to WS, and right above a gogo. That sounds like fun for a few days, but may get old (for me) after a few days.

I may stay there for a few days just for the experience, but the combination of noise and lack of space means I probably will not spend my entire trip there.

3) Classy Inn

looks nice on web, but did not receive a reply to my query, which I always take as a bad sign.

4) Billabong, irish rovers, and caterbury

Sorry to lump all three in together, but they are similar to me. All sound like great places with super staff and lovely reviews on PA. All were prompt in replying to my queries, and all seemed like a place I would love to stay. Unfortunately, all three (and guesthouses in general) do not have specifically designated non-smoking rooms. While I am sure the rooms are not too smokey, I could not take a chance this trip due to some health issues, but may stay at one or more of those in the future.

5) Grand hotel, soi 14.

Mixed reviews on PA. Cheapest rooms are about 1100, but those do not seem recommended, and also those do not have inroom safe. The decent rooms start at 1590. Did not check yet if they have non-smoking rooms, probably will not.

6) Mai Mansion, soi 13

Says non-smoking available right on website. Wish more hotels would do that so I do not have to email. looks really nice, but much higher than stated budget (1780 baht). But will keep in mind if nothing else works out for me.

There are probably decent budget places in the Soi Buakhao and LK Metro area, but as a newbie I don't know whether I want to be there or not. But will certainly look into it at least for part of my trip.

Hope this helps others in the same boat, at the very least it helped me realize how unorganized my notes were :-).

I justed checked the newly opened Tune Hotel. It appears to be a Non Smoking Hotel.

Thanks a bunch. Just checked the website, yep, they explicitly state it is non smoking.

Think it moved up to the top, or at least near the top of the list.

The price seems right on the website, but it states that it is an "early booking" rate, i.e. I would not get that rate as a walkin. However, I am loathe to commit a full few weeks to any hotel without first checking it out. But, will assume that they will give me the good rate as a walkin anyway. Hopefully.

Thanks a bunch. Just checked the website, yep, they explicitly state it is non smoking.

Think it moved up to the top, or at least near the top of the list.

The price seems right on the website, but it states that it is an "early booking" rate, i.e. I would not get that rate as a walkin. However, I am loathe to commit a full few weeks to any hotel without first checking it out. But, will assume that they will give me the good rate as a walkin anyway. Hopefully.

double check the " extras" payable at tune such as tc,A/C , toiletries, towel tv etc. i kid you not.

only non smoking hotel i know of is the Hilton.

but Tit this thailand i truly dont believe any hotel is smoke free.

double check the " extras" payable at tune such as tc,A/C , toiletries, towel tv etc. i kid you not.

only non smoking hotel i know of is the hilton.

but Tit this thailand i truly dont believe any hotel is smoke free.

Good points. Also, would have to figure out how they deal with girls (joiner fees etc.). I will not advance book Tune, but may check it out in person where I can ask them questions.

There are hotels that claim to be smoke free, and others that claim certain floors are non-smoking. Just have to hope for the best, but will have to cut my trip very short if I get sick so am trying to minimize risks.