IGNORED

Simon's Place Drinking Street

Madcat

I would like to start by saying that this report is not a promotion of this particular guesthouse. I am just stating that I have stayed at this place for a week and would like to share my experiences in staying here. As this location may not be familiar with some members here you may want to consider this an alternative location . Especially if you are a guesthouse hopper!

Most guesthouses or inns in Patts either specialize in long stay guests or make their mark as a short time place. Somehow Simon’s Place has been able to attract a combination of both. I believe this is due to the excellent location, layout of the place , the relative calm and tranquillity of the place in daytime, the good room size and condition , safe deposit in room , bar fridge and great bed. The frontal rooms have large sliding doors as windows and this is great in the daytime when you are sitting outside having a cold beer. The staff are very friendly and the more lady guests you have the more thumbs ups you get! At the time of writing this report, Simon’s Place is in the process of creating a new café area and they will start serving breakfast soon. Of course the best deal about the place is the friendly ladies are all ten steps away at the Drinking Street beer bars. Pay 300 baht fine and 30 seconds later you are frolicking in your own bed. No time wasting here.If you want to save the 300 baht just tell the girl to come to your room after the bar complex closes down which is about 4 am. That will depend on whether the girl is still available at 4 am. Many long term guests are repeats and I do see myself staying here again for the near future. The Nays for this place is NO WIFI and no pool. Current rate is a fair 700 baht for High season and 600 for low. Monthly rates are negotiable.

post-64056-0-84837500-1328503497.jpg

post-64056-0-59896100-1328503545.jpg

post-64056-0-09113300-1328503612.jpg

post-64056-0-40945100-1328503649.jpg

post-64056-0-94884000-1328503682.jpg

post-64056-0-92464400-1328503708.jpg

post-64056-0-32687700-1328503727.jpg

post-64056-0-63492800-1328503751.jpg

I nearly took a girl there ST and they wanted 500 baht!

I did not know that for another 200 you could have it all night.

It's a great location if you want to st from drinking street.

Thanks for the great review.

My Youtube Channel about everything Thailand - TravInThailand

Seems like a nice budget place, how are the bathrooms? and do they clean the rooms every day?

The bathrooms are large and adequate.Yes , the rooms are cleaned everyday. Cleaning ladies and manager named Whi are also friendly. I was given fruits and coffee free almost daily but this is not to be expected as it depends how friendly you are with them. They also are very funny and gives me ratings for the girls I had. :GoldenSmile1:

I nearly took a girl there ST and they wanted 500 baht!

I did not know that for another 200 you could have it all night.

It's a great location if you want to st from drinking street.

Thanks for the great review.

You're welcomed. ST room rate is 350baht. Its for 3 hrs. This price is also stated at the Front office.

What is the approximate size of the room?

About 28 to 30 sq m. This is just my rough guess. I would say its about slightly bigger than most Superior rooms in hotels.