IGNORED

Best Hotel For Newbie

clubfantasyuk

Right I Have Booked The Flight, Had A Good Read Through This Forum, All I Need Now Is Too Book A Decent hotel To Stay In.

So Guys Im After All Your Advice Now, I Want A Decent hotel, Obviously Were There Is Security, Were The Girls Have To Leave There Id Cards When I Bring Them Back, MUST Have A Safe In The Bedroom.

One Thats Got Wireless In The Rooms (But Not That Important) And Half Decent

Look Forward To Your Advice

Thanks

Sunshine hotel soi8 ticks all of you boxes. Safe,secure,clean and girl friendly. Good food in cafe downstairs.

IF YOU STAND FOR NOTHING, YOU WILL FALL FOR ANYTHING

babydollsaddict.gif

If you like it a bit quiet try Inn house in Soi 13. Not much traffic in soi 13, some good food right around ... I stayed there once.

If everything is under control you are just not driving fast enough!

half decent what?

budget?

thousands of options many at the top of these boards for good reason.

Areca Lodge sounds likeliest on your criteria to me.

g luck

I stayed at the Baywalk Residence on my first trip, has all you need, wired internet, safe, pool, 24h security, on Beech road 5 min walk from Walking Street.

There's links at the top of the page for several hotels

Not Sure Why You're Capitalizing Every Word.

The hotels/guest houses in LK Metro are good for newbies. I stayed at Billabong hotel. The whole LK Metro/Soi Diana/Soi Boukaow area is really good. Lots of restaurants and guest houses.

Edited by schmitty

I stayed at the Baywalk Residence on my first trip, has all you need, wired internet, safe, pool, 24h security, on Beech road 5 min walk from Walking street.

There's links at the top of the page for several hotels

do they only have wired internet or also wireless ?

Not Sure Why You're Capitalizing Every Word.

The hotels/guest houses in LK Metro are good for newbies. I stayed at Billabong hotel. The whole LK Metro/Soi Diana/Soi Boukaow area is really good. Lots of restaurants and guest houses.

Only bad thing about LK Metro guest houses is the noise.

It can be very hard to sleep early because bars make so much noise (but if noise is no problem,they are good)

hey yeh noise on metro is crazy. just catching up with Blackeye in person to have a chat about this... do we compromise an awesome position for a bit a noise? Thinkin feb 17 is going to be Billabong n see if im drunk enought to handle it :SoWhat1:

I would agree on Sunshine hotel and Residence, stayed there my first time in Pattaya and was a great budget place to stay that has good security and no joiner fees. It's central location is def another strong point, head to 2nd rd and jump a baht bus to Soi 6, Big C, Drinking street etc or hit Beach rd side to get a BB to Walking Street...also easy walking distance to Soi Bukoaw/LK Metro area, and a great restaurant called LengKee on Central. All this for under 1000bht/night. I would also suggest Queen Victoria Inn Soi 6 but might be a little overwhelming of a location for a Newbie though...

I loved my stay at the Holiday Inn, and I would recommend it to any of my friends visiting Pattaya

"I spent a lot of money on booze, birds and fast cars. The rest I just squandered." -- George Best

I would agree on Sunshine Hotel and Residence, stayed there my first time in Pattaya and was a great budget place to stay that has good security and no joiner fees. It's central location is def another strong point, head to 2nd rd and jump a baht bus to Soi 6, Big C, Drinking street etc or hit Beach rd side to get a BB to Walking Street...also easy walking distance to Soi Bukoaw/LK Metro area, and a great restaurant called LengKee on Central. All this for under 1000bht/night. I would also suggest Queen Victoria Inn soi 6 but might be a little overwhelming of a location for a Newbie though...

Sunshine is a good choice but I doubt you can get for less than 1000 baht per night. Can I ask where you booked from cos I would like to get that rate too.

My old standy by is The Green hotel on Soi 9 behind the Police station...It is centraly located and easy access from both beach Road and Second road...Plus it is right next to the new mall. There rates should be 800 bahts and 1200 bahts in high season. You can walk right out to the bars and beach too.

cheers, Tommy of Richmond

why sleep if you are going to get up anyway?

LEK hotel on second road, corner of Soi 13 is a great spot. 850 for standard rooms and 1200-1600 for pool view rooms in the new building. Great breakfast buffet for 150 Baht per day. So close to everything. The rooms even have carpets - cute! But they dont have non-smoking rooms so you can get a bit of smoke odour.

Another good spot is Residence Garden hotel just out of Pattaya on Thap Praya Road, and on the baht bus route to-from Jomtien. if you bookt through FLB Bar website (google FLB Bar) they give a rate of 1450 a night for a very spacious 1-bedroom apartment. Nice pool. You can walk to Walking Street in about 10 minutes or get a motocy taxi anywhere for about 60 baht, or baht bus for 10 baht anywhere too.

I would agree on Sunshine Hotel and Residence, stayed there my first time in Pattaya and was a great budget place to stay that has good security and no joiner fees. It's central location is def another strong point, head to 2nd rd and jump a baht bus to Soi 6, Big C, Drinking street etc or hit Beach rd side to get a BB to Walking Street...also easy walking distance to Soi Bukoaw/LK Metro area, and a great restaurant called LengKee on Central. All this for under 1000bht/night. I would also suggest Queen Victoria Inn soi 6 but might be a little overwhelming of a location for a Newbie though...

The website shows the cheapest room at 1600+. How do you get the 1000 rate?

thanks.

LEK Hotel on second road, corner of Soi 13 is a great spot. 850 for standard rooms and 1200-1600 for pool view rooms in the new building. Great breakfast buffet for 150 Baht per day. So close to everything. The rooms even have carpets - cute! But they dont have non-smoking rooms so you can get a bit of smoke odour.

Another good spot is Residence Garden hotel just out of Pattaya on Thap Praya Road, and on the baht bus route to-from Jomtien. if you bookt through FLB Bar website (google FLB Bar) they give a rate of 1450 a night for a very spacious 1-bedroom apartment. Nice pool. You can walk to Walking Street in about 10 minutes or get a motocy taxi anywhere for about 60 baht, or baht bus for 10 baht anywhere too.

I'll second the recommendation for the Residence Garden, it has been a regular fav of mine for many years...

http://www.pattaya-addicts.com/forum/topic/85750-pattaya-addicts-top-14-agoda-hotels/

there you go, top 14 hotels as judged by board members all linked together for your convenience.

board benefits too if you book thru link.

I have to agree that a soi LK Metro guest house might be the way to go but the Billabong is noisy.

Try the Irish Rovers and get a room at the back, but the noise dies down at around 3am anyway.

I have stayed there twice and always felt secure as there is staff on 24 hours a day and they can see who is going up and down the stairs.

The beauty of any guest house is a more "personalised" service where as long as you are an okay bloke, they will look out for you.

Regardless, LK Metro is an excellent location and is central to everything.

But no matter where you choose to stay, have a great trip

I can recommend you D Apartment in Soi Buakhaow, next to the LK Royal Suite and close to Pattaya Klang (Pattaya Central Road). For more and very detailed information about D Apartment, please click this link and this link.

When I've stayed there last year, all the girls I brought in, left their ID-card at the reception. I remember that I've called a girl, who I've met a few days before, to come to my room. Once she arrived, the staff at the reception first called to my room, told me her name and asked if the girl could come upstairs.

The rooms in their new building (D2) all have safes. I didn't use their wifi, but from what I have read and heard so far, their wifi is very good, maybe excellent.

They don't serve breakfast, but despite that, D Apartment is good value for your money.

Edited by BrasTrav

Ad optimum.