IGNORED

TG to Cambodia

nickto21

Hey All,

If I'm living in Cambodia(U.S. citizen), and I want a TG to come visit me, is this a possibility? Is it very difficult? If so, how long can she stay,etc?

Steve

Apply for an e-visa for her and she'll get through faster as well.

vi_de.gif Cambodia (KH)

in_on_no.gif Passport required. - Passport and/or passport replacing documents must be valid at least 4 months on arrival.

Visa required, except for A max. stay of 14 days for holders of normal passports issued to nationals of Thailand.

Visa Issuance: Visa required, except for Nationals of Thailand can obtain a visa on arrival, for a max. stay of 30 days, provided: For details, click here -

Holders of proof of being born in Cambodia issued to foreign nationals living abroad can obtain a visa on arrival, provided: For details, click here

Additional Information: - Visitors are required to hold proof of sufficient funds to cover their stay and documents required for their next destination. -

Tourist visas may be issued in a passport or issued in an e-Visa format, printed on a separate piece of paper.

Warning: - Day trips (i.e., arriving and departing on the same day) to Cambodia are not permitted. - Except when arriving and departing in Phnom Penh (PNH).

Edited by ricktoronto

I've taken Thai GF to Cambo a few times, never by air, always across the border, a couple times at Koh Kong and last time from Prasart in Surin (forget the name of the Thai-Cambo border crossing there) but every time was a piece of piss. She was treated just like every other tourist with a valid passport, had to pay $20USD visa fee and got 30 days, just as i did on my UK passport.

Apply for an e-visa for her and she'll get through faster as well.

vi_de.gif Cambodia (KH)

in_on_no.gif Passport required. - Passport and/or passport replacing documents must be valid at least 4 months on arrival.

Visa required, except for A max. stay of 14 days for holders of normal passports issued to nationals of Thailand.

Visa Issuance: Visa required, except for Nationals of Thailand can obtain a visa on arrival, for a max. stay of 30 days, provided: For details, click here -

Holders of proof of being born in Cambodia issued to foreign nationals living abroad can obtain a visa on arrival, provided: For details, click here

Additional Information: - Visitors are required to hold proof of sufficient funds to cover their stay and documents required for their next destination. -

Tourist visas may be issued in a passport or issued in an e-Visa format, printed on a separate piece of paper.

Warning: - Day trips (i.e., arriving and departing on the same day) to Cambodia are not permitted. - Except when arriving and departing in Phnom Penh (PNH).

so what" arrangement "they make with he visa runs ????

Non native English writing poster, not using a spell checker !! 

so what" arrangement "they make with he visa runs ????

That's when dealing with agents pays off. The agents have set up a system with the authorities, the agents have greased the wheels. You go sit down and have the buffet lunch or browse the shops and the agent's assistant takes care of the formalities.

But once I drove myself to Koh Kong and entered Cambo, spent a couple hours around the shops and then tried to return to Thailand. The Cambo fuckers wouldn't give me the exit stamp. I walked off and tried to get back into Thailand but they wouldn't let me in without the Cambo exit stamp, in the end I had to pay the Cambos 500Bt fee for the exit stamp. I think originally they tried getting 1000Bt but I argued away and gave them the screaming shits and got it down to 500Bt. They were glad to see the end of me...lol

Another time a few years earlier, also at the Koh Kong border I exited Thailand and then turned around and walked right back into Thailand, I had a Thai re-entry visa and the Thai Imm officier just stamped me back into Thailand, she forgot to look for the Cambo entry & exit stamps/Visa, which I didn't have. (So I saved the cost of the Cambo visa)