IGNORED

"I baa"

carnegie

You only have to worry when they add the Yew 555555

I or ai, however you prefer to write it is a very insulting way to refer to males.

ไอ้บ้า

ai bah

It can mean "Imbecile!" or "Son of a bitch!"

Often used by bargirls with Farang in a joking manner. The Farang thinks that the "ai" is the English "I'm" and the "bah" is the Thai "crazy" whereas she is actually insulting the Farang.

Much the same way as they will use the expression "Darkling", the Farang thinks that she is mispronouncing "Darling", but she is actually calling him a "Monkey's arse"

I believe that most times this is used in a mischievous way, but it really is very derogatory.

A Farang should NEVER, EVER use this expression. Especially not with Thai men, you may find yourself waking up in hospital!

Edited by Loong

Chasing girls can be expensive

But it's more expensive if you catch one

eesat eehah sontiin, they'll get you in there :)

Edited by 420

eesat eehah sontiin, they'll get you in there :)

Sorry, I don't understand this???

Chasing girls can be expensive

But it's more expensive if you catch one

Sorry, I don't understand this???

3 words that'll end you up in a hospital:

อีสัตว์

อีห่า

ส้นตีน

As for ไอ้บ้า you are right, in general it's derogatory, but among friends or people you know it's usually more lighthearted than that, so no need to get upset about it too quick.

ขออภัยในความไม่สะดวก กูเกิลทรานสเลทไม่สามารถแปลข้อมูลนี้ได้ 

Mine says to me Ba Ba when we are going somewhere,i hope this means hurry up,correct me if i'm wrong.

3 words that'll end you up in a hospital:

อีสัตว์

อีห่า

ส้นตีน

Very useful to know for the 0.00001% of PA readers who can read Thai script :Bow5:

Mine says to me Ba Ba when we are going somewhere,i hope this means hurry up,correct me if i'm wrong.

She may be saying 'bpai, bpai' lit. = 'go, go;

So is "I" or "ai" in this context the same as the way that "shy" is pronounced in Thai? As I sometimes use that word when joking around, I.e. poum ai = me shy (or me crazy son of a bitch??)

Edited by feelus

ai bah is not really heavy insult. Thais use it jokingly among themselves and to friends. It translates roughly like calling someone a "nut" or a "crazy" in English.

อีสัตว์ = you animal

อีห่า = another semi-mild insult, sort of like calling someone a prick in English

ส้นตีน = another semi-mild insult saying someone is like the soles of feet. Meaningless in English but as we know Thais have a thing about feet.

All these words can be used the same as we do with our English swearwords. We can joke with friends and call a good mate a wanker or a prick or an asshole but if we walk into a pub and say the same thing to a stranger we got a fight. You can also call someone an asshole in a joking/friendly manner with a smile; or you can also say it in a nasty manner through gritted teeth.

It all depends on so many factors - who's saying it to whom and how they saying it. As always best to totally avoid using these words in Thai unless you feel very fluent with the langauage and fully understand the word. Don't ever go using them around Thai men you don't know. In fact don't say anything at all to Thai men you don't know, unless he's serving you in a shop or restaurant. That's my conclusion...

If it is spoken with a short vowel, it is a colloquial way of saying bpai - let's go. With a long vowel it's baa - crazy. So I would guess your hope is correct

But...what do I know?

Those who can make you believe absurdities can make you commit atrocities.

- Voltaire

Or she could be saying ป๋า, bpaa (with a long vowel and rising tone), which means it's time to pull out your wallet, as it's the Thai word for a sponsor or sugar daddy. :D

Seriously though, I would go with what OleKingCole said.

ขออภัยในความไม่สะดวก กูเกิลทรานสเลทไม่สามารถแปลข้อมูลนี้ได้ 

I hear this alot: "I baa". What does it mean?

Either 2 things

1. I'm crazy

2. Ibar ( a popular bar in WS )

"I BA!"

My Thai girl says this sometimes if the conversation gets around to anything intimate or personal.

It can have a similar meaning to "I'm shy!" although the correct translation is "I'm crazy!"

Regular Thai girls can be quite shy talking about some things...maybe some bar girls too.

IF ALL MEN ARE CREATED EQUAL WHERE IS THE REST OF MY PENIS?

"I BA!"

My Thai girl says this sometimes if the conversation gets around to anything intimate or personal.

It can have a similar meaning to "I'm shy!" although the correct translation is "I'm crazy!"

Regular Thai girls can be quite shy talking about some things...maybe some bar girls too.

No, they're not talking about themselves. The "I" sound isn't the english word "I". Why would they mix english and thai like that?

No, they're not talking about themselves. The "I" sound isn't the english word "I". Why would they mix english and thai like that?

The context she uses it in means she is shy or "blushing" and sometimes she says "You Ba!" with a bit of a giggle

I guess being apart whilst i save for my next trip sometimes means we talk about a lot of things on the phone, including intimate stuff because we miss each other.

This usually brings on the giggles and the " I BA!" Sometimes it's just plain "BA!" but it's always followed with the giggles..never anything angry.

She does mix english and Thai when referring to me..."You Ting tong" etc

IF ALL MEN ARE CREATED EQUAL WHERE IS THE REST OF MY PENIS?

The context she uses it in means she is shy or "blushing" and sometimes she says "You Ba!" with a bit of a giggle

I guess being apart whilst i save for my next trip sometimes means we talk about a lot of things on the phone, including intimate stuff because we miss each other.

This usually brings on the giggles and the " I BA!" Sometimes it's just plain "BA!" but it's always followed with the giggles..never anything angry.

She does mix english and Thai when referring to me..."You Ting tong" etc

If she is saying "I" then it is mixing the two languages, but if she is saying อาย which is pronounced the same, she is still saying the same thing aai = shy embarassed. Then if she is actually saying baa as a very common colloquial shortening of bpai, (and that word, following an adjective has the meaning of too much, or too.) so the phrase becomes too shy or too embarassed -> I'm extremely embarassed

But...what do I know?

Those who can make you believe absurdities can make you commit atrocities.

- Voltaire

The "I" word that Thais use is an old pronoun meaning you. It's fairly rough talk. So "I Bar" = you crazy.

It could be "paa paa" as in "go, go" .

The "I" word that Thais use is an old pronoun meaning you. It's fairly rough talk. So "I Bar" = you crazy.

spot on 100 per cent correct