IGNORED

Whats the latest on the passport control Queue?

SlowlyMan

I'll be flying OUT of swampy at 10pm. Any recent experience with the passport control Queue at that time of day.?

Edited by SlowlyMan

It will depend on how many flights arrived just before yours. I arrive at about the same time every time and sometimes there is nobody waiting and at other times there are lots of people waiting. I arrive once every 8 weeks and I have yet to notice any pattern.

Pattaya Photos Free newbie guide to Pattaya How to get a TG a tourist visa for Australia Pattaya Weather

My moto for 2017: Don't argue with an idiot. Don't argue with.....

Or try the trick that I tried last time. Got stuck in the back, so on the way out helped a neighbouring woman to carry luggage while she was carrying her baby. As we got to immigration control the officer ushered us both to empty Thai only queue.....muahahahaha

This was copied from BM 'Xylanic' i have used it and its a brilliant tip.

"When arriving into Thailand at the airport in Bangkok, do NOT go through the first immigration area. It is always crowded and has hundreds of people waiting. This would be the first area after arrival that you walk to where the signs direct you. You will notice the hallway continues straight ahead with another people mover but generally no people. KEEP WALKING another 200-300 meters. On your left, further down, is another immigration/customs station that is empty 95% of the time. This can save you an hour or more at the airport. You might be hesitant as you see nobody else walking forward, trust me on this one"

Or try the trick that I tried last time. Got stuck in the back, so on the way out helped a neighbouring woman to carry luggage while she was carrying her baby. As we got to immigration control the officer ushered us both to empty Thai only queue.....muahahahaha

Thats such an EVIL laugh Dr Evil

OP is departing, not arriving. Do try to keep up with the rest of us. You have a lot to learn from my mate Reg.

You still need to fill in the form so the same rule applies... As for learning from Greg... Having spent months at sea with him on a black pig I taught him everything he knows.

Riddle me that.

This was copied from BM 'Xylanic' i have used it and its a brilliant tip.

"When arriving into Thailand at the airport in Bangkok, do NOT go through the first immigration area. It is always crowded and has hundreds of people waiting. This would be the first area after arrival that you walk to where the signs direct you. You will notice the hallway continues straight ahead with another people mover but generally no people. KEEP WALKING another 200-300 meters. On your left, further down, is another immigration/customs station that is empty 95% of the time. This can save you an hour or more at the airport. You might be hesitant as you see nobody else walking forward, trust me on this one"

:Agree: I do that everytime, ,,,,

Sorry, I guess I wasn't clear. I am flying OUT of Swampy going back home. In the past there have been issues with long lines at passport control.

I'm trying to determine if there have been long lines in the late evenings. I have used fast track in the past. But don't see a need to spend the money unless I need to.

Flew out on 29/1 at 9pm queues at 8pm were not overwhelming (I had APEC card so I slid effortlessly past them). Very hard to guess when its busy or not but most flights leave around mid-night so that would be a busy time before then.

You still need to fill in the form so the same rule applies... As for learning from Greg... Having spent months at sea with him on a black pig I taught him everything he knows.

Riddle me that.

Fair point about the Departure card....

As to your piffle about what happened 20,000 leagues under the sea, do you really want me to post the stories about you (with photographs) that are still circulating in Gosport? Surely not? :68:

There are websites you can pay to fast track it, people pick you up from the plane, and get you through immigration very quickly, i belive the price is only around $30 USD, and when i fly with certain airlines i am picked up from the plane as part of airline loyalty cards.

Just arrived this morning, took me about 10 mins to get through, suitcase another 2 minutes :-D

Sorry, I guess I wasn't clear. I am flying OUT of Swampy going back home. In the past there have been issues with long lines at passport control.

I'm trying to determine if there have been long lines in the late evenings. I have used fast track in the past. But don't see a need to spend the money unless I need to.

To answer your question....at the best of times, late evenings are very busy because of the pile-up of flights heading for Europe that depart between 23.00 and 01.00. Expat boards have been full of stuff lately about unmanned immigration desks leading to queues of up to 2 hours, whether arriving or departing. That, in turn is causing back-ups at security check-points.

I'd invest in Fast-Track.

Check this out for speed. Taxi from the Conrad hotel in Bkk to airport. Hailed a cab at 4.45 in the aft. cab was on the motorway in 15 mins. and at the airport at 5.30. All desks were open for my Gulf flight at 8pm. No other passengers were booking in so checked in within 5 mins and was having a fag outside at 5.35.

Left to go through immigration all desks open with only 2-3 people in front, took 5 mins. Security bag checks on the other side was a matter of walking through the roped out areas through hand detectors. Had to take shoes and belt of took 3 mins.

Out of interest how many hours before the flight departure do some of you guys book a taxi from Pattaya to Swampy, in the past I have always booked about 3 1/2 hours before but very nearly missed my 06.50 flight last week due to long queues at passport control and security check.

Lesson learned and in future I will allow 4 1/2 hours.

Thanks guys. Sounds like things haven't changed since my last trip. already booked fasttrack

• 3 weeks later...

https://www.bfsasia.com/index.html

Click on Premium Airport Services banner on LHS.

Cheapest service I've found at BKK - THB 1300 for arrival service with a cart. Saves a long walk through the airport. I normally travel with hand baggage only and I was through the airport and in a cab in ten minutes last week.

Swiss also gave me a premium voucher for arrivals, but no cart. I used this for the return passport control, as I checked in online and went straight to the lounge & gate.