IGNORED

Credit extension

Could someone explain me the whole principle of Thai cell phones system? Back in my country you have a sim card, you have an account, when the balance is expired, you're blocked. Here I have a DTAC Happy sim card, my balance is 100 baht, and it's blocked for some reason. I put 100 more baht, and I get the message that it's valid until 8 February. Do I just put more and more money which I will never spend on my account to keep the phone working, or are there any other options?

You are correct but with DTAC you can extend the validity of your credit. Download their user manual from here. Near the bottom in the box called Happy Heart Services follow the directions under Day Give-Away Service. Every 30 days extension costs you only 2 Baht and you can extend for up to 365 days.

Pattaya Photos Free newbie guide to Pattaya How to get a TG a tourist visa for Australia Pattaya Weather

My moto for 2017: Don't argue with an idiot. Don't argue with.....

Helpful key press codes here, but for 30 more days of validity, all you do is enter:

*113*30*9#

and press call. Costs 2 thb.

• 1 month later...

Yes, it is really easy to extend the validity and cost just 2 tbh/months. But I tried to use *113*30*9# before and was unsuccessful by some reasons. So I've just visited a service center and they extended.

Anyone know what the extension codes are for 1-2-Call PAYG SIM cards?

I only discovered this last holiday.

2 baht per month is awesome and ensures that you get to keep the same number next trip.

There are also websites where you can use PayPal and they will top up your sim for you to extend the life of it.

My Youtube Channel about everything Thailand - TravInThailand