IGNORED

translation please,thank you in advance

ausielad

I'm in Bangkok now (said to someone older that she feels close to)

ขออภัยในความไม่สะดวก กูเกิลทรานสเลทไม่สามารถแปลข้อมูลนี้ได้ 

ตอนนี้น้องยุ กทม ยุจร้า

She's saying she's in Bangkok. The use of the word ยุ is confusing here because it generally indicates trouble, to incite, but it's possible (especially if she's not a very well educated girl that she's misspelt the word อยู่ which means to stay at. So I think she's telling you she's now staying in Bangkok. The จร้า at the end is just a polite particle.

ยุ and จร้า are indeed misspellings (for อยู่ and จ้ะ), but they're intentional.

It's "normal" chatlanguage and if you look on Facebook or a Thai messageboard you'll see lots of it. Thais even have a word for it: ภาษาวิบัติ paasaa wibat = sloppy language. It's the kind of writing that makes the Thai language purists cringe, but it's used a lot.

ใช่ไหม/มั้ย is out...ชิมิ for the win.

Edited by herds

ใช่ไหม/มั้ย is out...ชิมิ for the win.

It's a bloody annoying song though.... Unless you're a 16 year old Thai girl of course :D

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-dAyszTDdVA

ยุ and จร้า are indeed misspellings (for อยู่ and จ้ะ), but they're intentional.

It's "normal" chatlanguage and if you look on Facebook or a Thai messageboard you'll see lots of it. Thais even have a word for it: ภาษาวิบัติ paasaa wibat = sloppy language. It's the kind of writing that makes the Thai language purists cringe, but it's used a lot.

Interesting, I didn't realize Thai, like English, is becoming truncated through internet and sms. I guess in time no bastard will remember the correct spelling of any language.

Interesting, I didn't realize Thai, like English, is becoming truncated through internet and sms. I guess in time no bastard will remember the correct spelling of any language.

The "correct" spelling is the spelling that is used. We tend to see language as a static thing, but it is, was and will ever be a dynamic process with constant change. Your correct English was wrong English hundred years ago and will be wrong English in hundred years. It is a permanent fight between the "We must stop every change in our Language"-People and the Reality of used Language. The People that want to stop the change die and someday there is another language reform that change what is right and what is wrong.

And this happens in every language.

Edited by GoforIT

I am a moneyreformer. More and more people realize that our moneysystem is broken. It has a bug and need an update. Problem is, that most humans don't know a shit about how money works and so most people are not able to see the bug. They blame the greedy, the lazy, the old, the unenployed or the state. So we are doomed to see a moneycrash with many human tragedies.

PS: gold backed currency is NOT the solution.

• 1 month later...

The "correct" spelling is the spelling that is used. We tend to see language as a static thing, but it is, was and will ever be a dynamic process with constant change. Your correct English was wrong English hundred years ago and will be wrong English in hundred years. It is a permanent fight between the "We must stop every change in our Language"-People and the Reality of used Language. The People that want to stop the change die and someday there is another language reform that change what is right and what is wrong.

And this happens in every language.

hmmmm the way how to say things ok but not how you write words I think... I mean I don't think that in 100 years อยู่ will become ยุ don't you think?

I love you long time!

hmmmm the way how to say things ok but not how you write words I think... I mean I don't think that in 100 years อยู่ will become ยุ don't you think?

You can't say what words will change, but there will be change. Polyglot Stuart Jay Raj has a map how spoken consonants transformed over the years. And on thai-language.com you find words with old and new writings.

And you will hear alot that thai people are lazy and speak different than the writing suggest. Over the time, the writing will change to.

In germany, we "just" had a spelling reform to "fix" the writing system. As i said, language was and will never be static.

I am a moneyreformer. More and more people realize that our moneysystem is broken. It has a bug and need an update. Problem is, that most humans don't know a shit about how money works and so most people are not able to see the bug. They blame the greedy, the lazy, the old, the unenployed or the state. So we are doomed to see a moneycrash with many human tragedies.

PS: gold backed currency is NOT the solution.

You can't say what words will change, but there will be change. Polyglot Stuart Jay Raj has a map how spoken consonants transformed over the years. And on thai-language.com you find words with old and new writings.

And you will hear alot that thai people are lazy and speak different than the writing suggest. Over the time, the writing will change to.

In germany, we "just" had a spelling reform to "fix" the writing system. As i said, language was and will never be static.

Ok mate, you conviced me :GoldenSmile1:

But not sure I'll still be here to confirm that ;*

I love you long time!