IGNORED

are the bars closed

badboybilly

Just saw this with a forum 'Latest on this, according to a Thai bar owner friend, is that as of yesterday afternoon 37 bars have been closed in the JomtieLatest on this, according to a Thai bar owner friend, is that as of yesterday afternoon 37 bars have been closed in the Jomtien area. It is the work of a newly appointed Chonburi official

WTF ??

Just my luck... They better be back to business as usual in 2 weeks...or else...I can't do anything about it :-(

But hey, people will probably find some other way to get in contact.

Well acccording to the 'other' forum............37 bars have been closed.

Not all bars are closed in Jomtien, I never cared to count the numbers but probably up to 20% maybe closed and that rumored to be for 1 month.

Rompho Complex lost 4 or 5 including Wild West Saloon, Jane's, No Name plus a few others.

Soi 3 lost at least 1, Soi 5 had at least 1, Soi 7 had at least 3 down, Soi Whitehouse had some closures. Not sure about Soi Welcome because it's inundated with Russians.

There are also a splattering of closures on Thappraya Road from the Pratumnak turnoff to the Dongtan police box in Jomtien.

But, why???

But, why???

It was rumored to be because of staying open past 1 am and or licensing regulations not being adherred to. Others have indicated new law enforcement management in Jomtien and these closures (in the short peak season of all times) will get the attention of all bar owners. If I were a skeptic I would say the "tea money" contributions were going to be increased!!!

hehe, I know why, I was there the first time they got closed. The people living in the apartment complex a bit up in Soi 7 complained about the noise as all the bars, around 25, tried to compete with music along with a local circus to around 4-5 am every morning. The owner is the former police chief of Pattaya and still a very influential man. So the police from Pattaya arrived, special unit and everything and just arrested a bunch of the bar owners and managers, around 8-9th of January.

Some friends of me told me that the guy who owns or leases the ground the bars are on came a day later pissed out of his skin to the bar complex. For some reason he started yelling at the English tourists there, telling them they expect to much and try to control to much. One of them went over to him to argue and he just hit him. He went straight down and the guy who owns the land just jumped on his harley and drove of. Ambulance, police arrived and then it seems the police really tightened the grip, stopping all motorbikes, searching them, checking if your drunk and so on. Every day and night police drives around in the bar complex to check. Some of the bars stay open after 00-01, but no music and you have to pay cash for every drink.