IGNORED

What meds, ailments, vitamins do you use to get you through your vacation?

OzzyM1CK

Hi lads,

Like most of you, I enjoy to mix my mongering with drinking and late nights.

It's good for the first couple of days, but then my body goes in to self-preservation mode & it gets harder to enjoy a big night and also hard to get a decent amount of rest.

Unfortunately, I am a light sleeper, so getting enough rest is not easy for me. (I'm not one who can have siestas down on the beach, or on a lounge by the pool, to clarify.)

Also, I love socializing & drinking until late. But I seem to run out of puff towards midnight. (A shame as I would love to be the type to hit the late clubs & bars like Insomnia, etc... with plenty of energy to chase some more skirt!)

So.....over time I have started to visit chemists & drugstores to help my body along with the demands of vacation madness.

So far I basically only take a daily MULTIVITAMIN and also consume electrolites like Gatorade etc.

Also before hitting the bars I knock back a couple of energy drinks like White Shark, or Red Bull, etc.

I've dabbled with sleeping tabs for rest. Diarrhoea meds to assist in stomach ailments. Also tried some antibiotics like Doxy to prevent infections and the like.

If any of you guys have a tried & tested way of backing up each night with a reasonable fresh feeling of health, then I'd love to know your suggestions.

• Combating......
  • ..lack of sleep,
  • ..lack of energy,
  • ..fixing upset stomach, squirts,
  • ..hangovers,
  • ..preventing infections & ailments.

Cheers.....Mick. :GoldenSmile1:

Hurry up! It ain't gunna suck itself!!

I think you're doing most of what needs to be done.

Like all of us you are looking for the "Holy Grail" of mongers, the magic endurance pill.

I've tried most things and all I can suggest is - force yourself to eat good food, force yourself to get more rest and force yourself to have days with no grog.

I say "force yourself" because in Pattaya, none of these things is easy to do.

You know what I'm talking about.

I don't know but you but from my kind of work we sleep when we can we work when me must and we drink as much as we can and as long as we can when we not are at work. So I don't have much of your problem but I can give you some advice.

* Lack of sleep for me it helps to get some milk products in me befor getting to bed, the easyes way for me on that is to drink some White Rusian drinks at night.

* Lack of energy you need more proteins and vitamin D and E maybe some ginseng

* Fxing upset stomach, squirts: Your stomach needs more fiber to work on and trow in a glass of milk.

* Hangovers, The first mistake mostly everyone does wrong when they get up in the morning after a heavy night out on town is to bottom up a botle of water or two. DON'T do this your body will not like it at all and you anly get worse. Drink slow and let the body get used to the fluid. Yor body is also low on NaCl so you should get something with salt in you. If you take it with fluid I can recomend powerade or some other sports drink. but drink SLOW sipp it in you at the start.

(I have learned ower the years after working at music festivals some years where the drinking has been realy hard). Or get a Mojito or two in you

* preventing infections & ailments: Not shure realy. But If you get a wound clean and keep clean at any time, if you don't you can get an infection and a high fever (Bangkok Hospital next).

Can not wait for the 13th of jun. Than im back in Pattaya. Must time go away fast and slow down when im in Pattaya

personally i would suggest dropping the antibiotics out of your diet, its doing nothing for you and will not stop you from picking up any viruses.

my sort of concauction or what i go for is

if i get the shits i will drink dioralyte, tastes nothing like it advertises but brings me back pretty fast, i will avoid imodium if i can as it doesnt kill the germs inside only stops the body getting rid of them. if i have to use it i will.

for a reduced hangover i drink around 3 pints of water, or 2 pints and a bottle of gatorade and i also watch what im drinking, if i stick to beer im fine, if i move onto cider then its game over for me so if you know something gives you a bad hangover then avoid it or take it in small quantities.

i read somewhere someone injects themselves with hi dose vitamins, honestley, if you keep taking your multi vitamins you'll do fine.

you can force yourself through the night but will probally pay heavy for it the next day,

its your holiday bud, take things at your own pace try sticking to the bars one night, then start late so you can hit the clubs, then go back to the bars and so on so forth.

I stuck with a routine of one daily multi-vitamin. That's it.

I didn't drink any coffee this trip, started the day with a banana milkshake or two.

I slept really good this trip, 8-10 hours per night, minus a few wakeups for boom boom or an unrelated noise. Last trip I hardly had one good nights sleep. No changes other than eliminating coffee.

Energy drinks like Lipo or Red Bull are very bad on your system. Try something along the lines of 5 hour energy drink (mostly vitamins). This provides good late night stamina.

Lots of beer :GoldenSmile1:

Farang = Walking ATM. TG's push the right buttons and money comes out. PIN = BBBJ

Never heard of the 5hr energy drinks? And milk huh? Worth a try I guess.

If I do try the ol' one day on/one day off trick, it seems to be better for me a bit. It's just very hard to do when mates drag you out to be thier wingman almost every night of a trip.

I'm not old, but just wish I could keep going all night without crashing like a ton of bricks!

These BG's that work thier magic every night of the week must be on the gear!!

Either that, or I need to eat more chilli !! :Blow_Up:

Never tried Testostrone Tabs before. I'm scared if I do I might abuse myself too much in between LBFMS! :P

I guess I asked because I know there are some good things available in Thailand chemists that I cant get easy back home, so wanted to see what everyone else seems to do.

Basically for next months trip I will stear clear of the energy drinks and try some better vitamins and drink more H20.

If by any act of God I can somehow space my big nights to every 2nd night or so, I might try that also. Never dabbled in sleeping tablets, so unless you can recommend them...I will just try to find a pattern that suits me to get as much rest as possible.

All good advice, and I will try & test your theories along the way.

Cheers....Mick. :hello09:

• 3 weeks later...

as stated above...alot of good advice...something there for everybody...personally i find the best recovery for me each day after breakfast is getting into the pool and floating and gentle strokes for a couple of hours..trust me u will feel amazing..

I found drinking a coconut a great PMU for a hangover, just drink 1 or 2 with a straw. I used to drop a Panadol Forte or a valium for bad hangovers but these days I avoid getting bad hangovers.

I'm bringing multivitamins since all kind of vitamins seem to be expensive in Thailand. Vitamin D is great as someone mentioned, but if you spend some time in the sun extra supplementation is not needed.

I've had a tough time finding my balance when I get to Patts. I take a regiment of vitamins, zinc and have even gotten B12 shots but the thing that seems get to me the most is not being able to wind down enough to sleep. I'm a little high strung by nature and I'm not getting any younger so by late evening /early morning I'm pretty much running on empty.

After a few days I get into a routine of waking up early, (at home I get up @ 04:00 for work so it's hard to break the habit) go and get a good breakfast, go back to the room and take a zanax and sleep. When I wake up I'm refreshed and ready to start over again.

The real problem after I get my routine becomes wether to get rid of the girl next to me before I get back to sleep or risk having her wake me up in the middle of a good snooze. 5555

I take a multivitamin and 1000mg vitamin C per day. Apart from vitamin C which is readily available, I would definitely advise bringing your own supply of vitamins from back home because the selection here is pretty shit.

Other than that it's just lots of water and lots of healthy food.

Also exercise is crucial for maintaining good health! If you are hammering your immune system with poor sleeping habits and too much grog then a good bit of exercise every day or so will go a long way to getting you back to normal. Also if you are having trouble sleeping then ear plugs (Thailand is generally pretty noisy) and adequate exercise during the day (so you are physically as well as mentally tired) will help.

The two single best things I would recommend is to get an adequate amounts of sleep and drink plenty of fluids. I would also watch what I'm eating...limited amounts of salt and sugar and stay away from processed foods.

• 11 months later...

Vit c, dont need vit D because of the sun, Dehidration powder, mix one powder with water in the morning and a Vit C, a banana "yellow colour guys"

One Powder before you go on the beer and you will find you will have plenty of power, :GoldenSmile1:

Posted Image

VitaminC with Zinc, Krill Oil, l-arginine and "Essential" which is the B group, is what I take everyday and I feel greeeeeaaaat

Hi lads,

Like most of you, I enjoy to mix my mongering with drinking and late nights.

It's good for the first couple of days, but then my body goes in to self-preservation mode & it gets harder to enjoy a big night and also hard to get a decent amount of rest.

Unfortunately, I am a light sleeper, so getting enough rest is not easy for me. (I'm not one who can have siestas down on the beach, or on a lounge by the pool, to clarify.)

Also, I love socializing & drinking until late. But I seem to run out of puff towards midnight. (A shame as I would love to be the type to hit the late clubs & bars like Insomnia, etc... with plenty of energy to chase some more skirt!)

So.....over time I have started to visit chemists & drugstores to help my body along with the demands of vacation madness.

So far I basically only take a daily MULTIVITAMIN and also consume electrolites like Gatorade etc.

Also before hitting the bars I knock back a couple of energy drinks like White Shark, or Red Bull, etc.

I've dabbled with sleeping tabs for rest. Diarrhoea meds to assist in stomach ailments. Also tried some antibiotics like Doxy to prevent infections and the like.

If any of you guys have a tried & tested way of backing up each night with a reasonable fresh feeling of health, then I'd love to know your suggestions.

• Combating......
  • ..lack of sleep,
  • ..lack of energy,
  • ..fixing upset stomach, squirts,
  • ..hangovers,
  • ..preventing infections & ailments.
Cheers.....Mick. :GoldenSmile1:

Your a Aussie harden up.... :LOL2:

Mate , i made sure i had a good meal for breakfast eveyday,didnt matter what time of day,had plenty of water and always had sleep in the arvo,but in saying that when i sleep i only need 5 to 6 hours per day

Paracetamol or some other painkiller for the hangovers. Oh and 500mg testosteron enanthate e5d.

• 1 month later...

I bring with me Swiss multivitamin, fish oil and magnesium tablets

Keeps me feeling ok

Also I find one of the better pharmacies that sell decent protein and buy a tub of that and take regularly helps me keep my food intake up which seems to be a bit harder there rather than back home. I picked up a tub iof gold standard whey protein for about 2500baht which isn't too badly priced, from the pharmacy next to the big c shop(bottom floor) in north pattaya

Archived