Support our Sponsors >> Thai Friendly | Pattaya News | Pattaya Unplugged | Buy a drink for Soi 6 Girls | Thailand 24/7 Forum | TPN Property | La La Land bar | NEW PA website | Subscribe to The Pattaya News |Pattaya Investigations | Rage Fight Academy | Buy/Sell Businesses | Isaan Lawyers | Siam Business Brokers | Belts Of Mongering - Mongering Authority | Add your Text or Event here

IGNORED

Galaxy Suites

VBC

Hello everyone,

I have been to Pattaya before and stayed at the Tim Boutique and Marriott...both overcharged and underperformed. I have been at the Galaxy suites now for a week and have nothing but good things to say

First...it is 995 baht a night. Second...it is clean, no bugs to say. The staff has been exceptional and I am happy with the neighborhood. I can get to Tony's Powerstation in less than five minutes by foot, there is a fabulous pizza joint across the street and the beer bars outside are top notch.

Yes, I can hear Heaven Above and the surrounding bars outside, but it is a small price to pay to be on Soi Diamond. The noise is expected really.

Please know I am not cheap, I head to London after this and will be staying at the Mandarin Oriental. But for what we want, in Pattaya, Galaxy Suites is first rate :)

Thanks

Photo on 1-27-12 at 10.37 PM.jpg

Photo on 1-27-12 at 10.38 PM.jpg

Photo on 1-27-12 at 10.37 PM #2.jpg

Photo on 1-27-12 at 10.39 PM.jpg

I agree with you but what made me unhappy was the shower issue which always causes a mess in the bathroom and the toilet is fully showered to. And the rooms are a little small. Anything else you are right is great. Cheap clean and in the middle of the action. And its always cool to see your girl friends eyes if you say lets go hotel and you climb the stair up to heavens a GoGo:-)

Enjoy

Cheers

I always wanted to go to that hotel, Galaxy ... Thanks for the photos and the details... Seems it is a very good hotel in your opinion... Will try to book for few days this year, The girls working downstairs in Heaven Agogo is super.... Thanks again for your good work...

do they serve breakfast and have a restaurant on site and are there any smoking rooms.

Living sober,clean and staying away from loose women doesn't make a man live any longer. It just fucking feels like it.

No breakfast on site. I think Secrets offers that one block over but I haven't stayed there yet (might check it out this week). You are inside the Diamond arcade so there are a number of restaurants just outside. I don't know about smoking rooms (mine is non-smoking). I have used the laundry services and they turn around in a day (if dropped off by 2pm)

As some have pointed out the room is small but the bed is a king so I like the trade-off.

Just an FYI - Outside they have a poster showing an 895 baht walk-in rate as opposed to the usual 995. The website shows a free night for 7 day booking

http://www.galaxysuitespattaya.com/

stayed here for 10 nights in january, rooms are quite small but have good beds, wonderfull staff. Noise from outside was not disturbing and if you just want to go out and party this is one of the best locations near Walking Street imo. all rooms are non smoking but just outside the reception you can have a sit and smoke a sigaret and have some coffee or tea. I'm planning my next visit for march or april allready and will probably stay here again.

• 3 months later...

Just wanted to post about Galaxy. Emailed them for reservation but it took a day or two for replies, even for clarification emails. I asked for a reservation and 24hrs later, they reply they have rooms. I respond, great, can I book, 24 hrs later, yes. etc etc. So give yourself a few days to book this room. They don't a have a lot of rooms available in comparison to a lot of other hotels and so I would make sure you don't put yourself in the position where you need to add nights as you probably won't get them, esp during high season. The other posters are correct, the rooms are a bit on the smallish size but they are clean and the furniture seemed relatively new. There was noise but its not a war zone either. It didn't bother me much as I didn't do much sleeping at night wink wink. The hotel isn't visible from either Walking Street or 2nd road so friends and I were a little confused when we were dropped off by the mini-bus. Was never up in time for breakfast so have no idea if it was avaiable or where and the clerk never mentioned anything. Galaxy is on the 2nd floor of a buidling where you have to take the stairs up and the reception area is just a desk you pass by on the way down the hall to your room so don't expect a typical hotel structure. It's girl friendly and next door to a smaller gogo where I took a peek inside but didn't stay.

Right by Walking Street so if you are going to spend a lot of time there or its our first time to Pattaya maybe this is a good choice. It's also pretty reasonable so overall I would consider Galaxy to be a good value if you don't need other hotel extras like room service, etc.

• 4 months later...

Me and friends stayed here in Sept. Clean and tidy rooms. Contact via email was on time daily confirming change of numbers during our stay.

Jacuzzi suite is awesome. Met one of owners thinkn we might be getting kicked out as we were a bit loud, to get the pleasure of nice to meet you, hope you enjoy your stay and it's a shame your friend cancelled as it looks as though your having a great party. Having agogo below you is pretty cool and we did spend some time in there.

Only comment is watch the minibar we were getting stung some serious drinks even though we were replacing them from 7/11. They allowed us to extend our unplanned stay with some shuffling around which I found great.

Front of house staff were fun and the cleaners nice people.

All round 9/10 for being so close to the action, allowing us to have fun, and the bed in my opinion won me over for being soft

ummm

• 2 months later...

Me and friends stayed here in Sept. Clean and tidy rooms. Contact via email was on time daily confirming change of numbers during our stay.

Jacuzzi suite is awesome. Met one of owners thinkn we might be getting kicked out as we were a bit loud, to get the pleasure of nice to meet you, hope you enjoy your stay and it's a shame your friend cancelled as it looks as though your having a great party. Having agogo below you is pretty cool and we did spend some time in there.

Only comment is watch the minibar we were getting stung some serious drinks even though we were replacing them from 7/11. They allowed us to extend our unplanned stay with some shuffling around which I found great.

Front of house staff were fun and the cleaners nice people.

All round 9/10 for being so close to the action, allowing us to have fun, and the bed in my opinion won me over for being soft

That seals the deal for me. I was looking at the Jacuzzi Suite and your review is just what i'm looking for. thanks

Archived