IGNORED

My first trip to Phuket...Advice please...

Dongkeyboy

Hey Guys... On my way to pattaya this trip ive decided to do a mission to Phuket.Would love some advice on.....

1) Places to stay close to the mongering..(mid range budget)

2) Where to monger,best bars,girls and any info on ST/LT prices

3) Any local highlights...places to see other than the inside of a bar or my room...

4) Any pitfalls...Places to avoid, bars,or bad areas or any scams other than the obvious ones that all of asia has to offer...

Any advice appreciated...Cheers boys....Dongkeyboy....

After travelling through asia, having seen what i've seen,even the dirt seems clean in OZ!!!

SEX is Great But NOTHING beats the REAL THING!!!

I haven't been to Phuket yet (going over later this year) but have done a fair bit of research on accomodation based on some comments on this site and another forum more specific to Phuket.

I'd seen good comments about C&N hotel Patong on a post so tracked down their website (http://www.cnhotelpatong.com) and was particularly taken with their VIP room. It shows that it is 34.48 sqm when a lot I've seen (and their standard rooms) are in the low 20's. The rate from now to the end of April is 1300 baht/night and that then drops to 950 until the end of October - this includes an American breakfast as well.

They also say on the website that they provide a complimentary pickup from Phuket airport if staying for at least 3 consecutive nights. It's Location page says it is only 50m from Bangla Rd (which is where the main concentration of bars etc are located).

Another that is close to the action and seems good is Apsara Residence (http://www.apsararesidence.com). I'm sure I saw in a review that it was renovated last year and the photo's (and LCD TV's in the rooms) make me think that was right. I've had a few emails with the manager there (Gunter) about the Deluxe rooms and he is very obliging. I've actually confirmed that there is no Joiner Fee for taking a guest to your room but he added that "if you take 2 guests to your room we will charge 500 baht a night for the second guest". Would be well worth it. I was looking at booking 3 rooms in low season and he quoted me a rate quite a bit lower than the advertised rate on the website and comparable with the best I could get from any of the hotel finder sites. And the price he gave was the total cost with no extra service charge or taxes.

anyway they are the two I'm trying to decide between, I hope it may help in some way.

With the best bars and mongering I'll be closely following the responses to get that information myself.

Enjoy your stay.

I'm heading over there later this year on one of the airasia flights as well. So much cheaper than any of the others at the moment.

• 2 weeks later...

air asia, the way to go for flights very cheap.

Patong is good, bangla road is the place i went a few nigths l;ast time i was there, very good bars with loads of girls.

only thing i found about the place which i didn't like was the amount of westerners workign in bars trying to get you in to the boozer with free, oftenvery low alcohol, shots. there is a line of them about 30 yards down bangla road from the main road opposite side of the beach. you can't fail to be harassed by them. felt a wee bit like ibiza or tenerife than thailand. and some of them were very pushy and a wee bit agressive when i told them to fuck off, i'm not interested. it was a wee bit of putting to be honest. that was a coupel of years ago mind.

also, just wandering about during the day, westernes, usually ugly english birds driving about on Scooters trying to get you to go to clubs ad restaurants that i'm not really interested in.

dont let that put you off though. plenty bars to go to and i always had a good time.

can't remenber the hotel i stayed at, was a wee boutique one that a guy on the same flight as me was staying at and had booked up. i just followed on and luckily go the last room for 3 nights.

i'm sure you'll have a blast !!!

• 3 years later...

Archived