Support our Sponsors >> Thai Friendly | Pattaya News | Pattaya Unplugged | The Night Wish Group | Thailand 24/7 Forum | TPN Property | La La Land bar | NEW PA website | Subscribe to The Pattaya News | | Pattaya Investigations | ChicaCheck | Buy/Sell Property | Isaan Lawyers | Anglo Siam Legal | Add your Text or Event here

IGNORED

wont be eating at jollys again

Had sirloin steak the other night,looked a bit rough but thought what the heck I'm sure it's ok.Boy was I wrong.I got food poisoning and I'm just getting over it.It's no fun puking and shitting for hours on end

I had food poisoning back in December...wasn't able to pinpoint where I got it though. It was the worse few days of my otherwise terrific life. 555 Had it 3 days before finally going to the hospital, being given some strong medicine via an IV, and then being sent home with a ton of meds. Took another few days to get over it.

On the plus side, it was an AWESOME diet plan! I was starting to pack on weight, but the food poisoning helped quite a bit. Weighed in at 170 pounds when all was said and done...lost over 10 pounds in a week! :D

Jolly..................................where is this place...... Jolly Friar....is that the place

Tony Montana: What you lookin' at? You all a bunch of fuckin' assholes. You know why? You don't have the guts to be what you wanna be? You need people like me. You need people like me so you can point your fuckin' fingers and say, "That's the bad guy." So... what that make you? Good? You're not good. You just know how to hide, how to lie. Me, I don't have that problem. Me, I always tell the truth. Even when I lie. So say good night to the bad guy! Come on. The last time you gonna see a bad guy like this again, let me tell you. Come on. Make way for the bad guy. There's a bad guy comin' through! Better get outta his way!

Jolly..................................where is this place...... Jolly Friar....is that the place

I think the bm is reffering too Jollys on soi buakao opposite Chaba Hut Resort , I have eaten there many times but only their breakfast and never had any problems. If the food looks rough i would have sent it back to the kitchen not worth the risk imo, having food poisening is not a good experience. Hope you feel better now and alot thinner :rolleyes:

:hello09: I am sure it was "not" the Jolly Friar ... :WinkGrin1:

There is a restaurant on Soi Baukaw called "Jollys" close to Chaba Hut and the small daily market, I understand a nice guy from Ireland owns the place.

Had sirloin steak the other night,looked a bit rough but thought what the heck I'm sure it's ok.Boy was I wrong.I got food poisoning and I'm just getting over it.It's no fun puking and shitting for hours on end

Steak in thailand???????? rice& noodles yes-but steak no.

:Think1:

Worst I had was about 8 years ago and I living in Patts, applied for a job at a good Thai High School in Bang Na. Night before interview I had an early night, no piss, got up early went and had breaky, bacon/eggs/coffee, back to hotel, shower/shave/dressed in my smartest interview clothes - suit & tie. About halfway to BKK on the bus I started feeling crook. Time I got off bus at Bang Na I was feeling dreadful and needed to shit. Asked a Chinaman shop if I could use his toilet and I strip off all my smart clothes and was shitting through the eye of a needle on a Thai squatter. Got dressed, not so smart anymore and took a taxi to the school. Having interview with the manager and she's really impressed with my CV and the jobs mine but I sitting there feeling like puking and shitting again. I tell the boss I got to go to the toilet halfway through the interview. In the toilet I'm reaching and puking loudly and shits flying out my ass. I get dressed again, really looking scruffy now and walk back to the interview room. Then severe cramps set in. Boss lady is trying to tell me about my duties but I say can I go lie on your sofa. So I'm lying on the sofa, the interview is finished now, no way I'll be getting this job. As I'm lying there holding my guts in pain there are Thai teachers standing in the doorway looking at me and I hear them saying - "HIV, HIV". Fuck knows what was wrong with that breakfast I had in Patts but it turned me inside out and cost me a good job.

Edited by pubstud

would need far more info than that being given before i stopped eating at jollys or any other joint .

how rough looking does a steak get in the OPs eyes?

been to jollys many times, cheap and cheerfull with good service 24/7.

will be returning there too.

Under-cooked fried-eggs, in a Resort/Spa just north of Songkhla, gave me a similar experience which I'll never forget, never be tempted to eat undercooked eggs !

• 2 weeks later...
Sorry you never got the job mate but hay what a funny story

Worst I had was about 8 years ago and I living in Patts, applied for a job at a good Thai High School in Bang Na. Night before interview I had an early night, no piss, got up early went and had breaky, bacon/eggs/coffee, back to hotel, shower/shave/dressed in my smartest interview clothes - suit & tie. About halfway to BKK on the bus I started feeling crook. Time I got off bus at Bang Na I was feeling dreadful and needed to shit. Asked a Chinaman shop if I could use his toilet and I strip off all my smart clothes and was shitting through the eye of a needle on a Thai squatter. Got dressed, not so smart anymore and took a taxi to the school. Having interview with the manager and she's really impressed with my CV and the jobs mine but I sitting there feeling like puking and shitting again. I tell the boss I got to go to the toilet halfway through the interview. In the toilet I'm reaching and puking loudly and shits flying out my ass. I get dressed again, really looking scruffy now and walk back to the interview room. Then severe cramps set in. Boss lady is trying to tell me about my duties but I say can I go lie on your sofa. So I'm lying on the sofa, the interview is finished now, no way I'll be getting this job. As I'm lying there holding my guts in pain there are Thai teachers standing in the doorway looking at me and I hear them saying - "HIV, HIV". Fuck knows what was wrong with that breakfast I had in Patts but it turned me inside out and cost me a good job.

Jolly's has always been good to me. I got food poising from the Beer Garden last trip, doesn't mean I won't eat there again because I will.

Jolly's has always been good to me. I got food poising from the Beer Garden last trip, doesn't mean I won't eat there again because I will.

haha what?

you know they poisoned you with their dodgy food...yet you will go back there and eat again?

hahah glutton for food or glutton for punishment haha

only in thailand :)

I ate at Jollys last night. I ordered the fish and chips and asked for the potatoes to be mashed. The problem was the mashed potatoes were boxed/instant and tasted like glue :Puke2: . I tried to dress up the taste with salt and pepper but it still tasted like shite. i will not be going back there again. Only ate there once. Never to return.