IGNORED

This High Season

brucemb

As a regular visitor to LOS and especially Pattaya-but I never come during high season.

How has this years busy time been?

I am next coming in April-have resisted booking anything yet because I hope prices will come down. [Yes I know the Thai way is if business slow put up the prices]

With long haul bookings down in the UK and I would guess all Europe because of the financial issues and people having less disposable income-what do you think will be happening to Pattaya in May and August?

Maybe more Russians and Indians but what about the money spending falangs.

The question is will it have a significant effect on prices for accomodation, bars and food?

Any wise owls can guess??

I live and work here and it seems that high season has been pretty busy so far. Pattaya is attracting a wider range of visitors now, especially people from other Asian countries. Prices do go up, during high season for rooms, but that is typical in any resort / beach town during holiday periods. Food and bar prices in general stay about the same year around. As for April, that is a great time to visit and room prices do go down during low season. As for May-August, it will be slower, but it still a great time to visit. No matter what time of the year you are visiting, I would advise people to not wait until the last moment to book a place to stay, as the really nice hotels and condos get booked quickly. PM me if you are looking for a condo to stay in.