IGNORED

Working in Soi 10 ?

marten9

Hi all,

Does anybody know if there are still roadworks going on on Soi 10 between Beach Rd en 2nd Rd ?

I stayed on that soi past november while they were working there and they didn't move fast and made a lot of noise wich drove me a little :Crazy1:

In march / april I will go back and normally like soi 10 very well for staying (at Page 10 or Sea Me Spring) in Patts. But only if the roadworks are finished. So can anyone tell me if they are finished and if not when they plan to finish ... ?

Thanks in advance,

marten9

Still there today.

Road shut to traffic but pedestrians can walk around the concrete drainage sections and over the mountain of sand in the middle of the road.

If it flies, floats or fucks - it will be cheaper to rent !

Yes...still going on. You can drive down Soi 10 from 2nd Road, but you can't pass all the way through to Beach Road because they're working on it from what appears to be the half-way point. But, even though you can enter from 2nd Road and drive down a ways, the whole street is torn up making driving on it a pain in the ass. Doesn't look like they'll be done doing whatever they're doing anytime soon. I'd look for another place to stay if I were you.

Thanks all for the useful info : I'll start looking elsewhere for my next stay ...

Talked to a guy last night who was staying in Page 10 and every morning he woke up at 8 from the noise .

Like Shivers said , it doesn't look like it will be finished any time soon .

I shot a video for you of Soi 10 (10 seconds long, located on the Street View Pattaya website). As you can see, as soon as I turned on Soi 10, you can see the construction. It appears to be right in front of the Page 10 hotel.

• 2 weeks later...

Jeez, this was happening in Sept/Oct 2011 when I was in Pattaya in Soi 10 and I thought it was finishing, I did see a lot of negative reports on Agoda about hotels like Page 10.

The hotel is great to stay at but getting to and from the front door is currently a nightmare. Not the hotels fault I know but enough to put me off suggesting it as an option to BMs.

If it flies, floats or fucks - it will be cheaper to rent !

• 1 month later...

How is the current state of the road right now?? Anybody have any pictures or intel?

Would like to know as I was looking for updates but found this on Pattayamail.com :

http://www.pattayamail.com/localnews/soi-10-repairs-miss-another-deadline-10364

Thanks in advance

post-22007-0-43851400-1348179382.png

Check it before you Wreck it !!!!

Gamora: Quill, your ship is dirty.

Peter Quill: She has no idea. If she had a black light, this ship would look like a Jackson Pollock painting.

I just stayed at Page 10 checking out Friday...

Work has all finished....all quiet now and would recommend the hotel

Soi 10 all clear now with 2 way motobike traffic! Just stayed 2 weeks at Sea Me Spring. Will be staying on Soi 10 more often from now on.