IGNORED

Eastiny Seven on Soi 7 anyone stayed there recently

CrustyAngel

Gidday

Has anyone stayed at Eastiny Seven on Soi 7 lately

Im a newbie and want to be in the middle of it all, i know the place is probly noisy

but i want to be staggering distance to my room, dont want relie on cabs taxi's or elephant

to get back to hotel,

would like to know what the rooms are like, clean, good air con, ect, thinking of getingt a dulux there

rooms are cheap to me to be in the thick of it,

cheers Crusty

Opinions are like arseholes, everyone has one !

Dont know about Eastiny 7, But i've stayed in Eastiny Plaza on soi 8 and it was fine although a little noisy, i'm booked into Eastiny Place for the first week of this trip, because last trip i had some mates staying there and there rooms looked as good as mine and i was staying at the more expensive Sunbeam which was directly across the road.

so this time i thought i'd give eastiny place a try as my mates said it was not as noisy as eastiny plaza, although noise is not really an issue as i dont usually come back till around 4am anyway

hope this helps

I booked Eastiny Place in early November and upon checking in there were 3 russian families fighting with the front desk. After I waited, I finally got my turn and was told that the room I booked had a broken door and I would be upgraded to Eastiny Plaza. It wouldn't be one of the worst places I've stayed in, though it wasn't bad by any stretch of the imagination. (though I do feel I've had good accommodation choices other than that). Eastiny 7 I can't comment on, but the other Eastiny's don't do anything for me.

Though if you are a beer bar guy and feel like you'll be hanging in soi 7 and 8 most of the time, then it's perfectly fine to be nice and central.

Like most people will say, only book your hotel for the first night or two you get there, that way if you don't like it, your not locked in, and if you do, you'll have no issues in low season extending your stay

Stayed there previously and found it pretty good...I didn't find it particularly noisy. Pool was usually pretty crowded. Staff were fine. All round pretty decent and good value for money. Was considering staying there again next trip but they took an age replying to an email, so have decided on a change.

Stayed there last October. Ask for a room at the rear of the hotel. The front rooms are noisy due to the bars opposite.

We stayed in the standard room for 1000 baht a night after asking for a discount. Room clean and well appointed with comfortable bed and decent bathroom. The room had a balcony but the view was of waste land.

Swimming pool was empty in October. Smallish but is adequate.

We found the staff ok but not overly friendly, just doing their job.

Breakfast was included. A small seating area with buffet style breakfast consisting of thai food and western food. Not the best but good enough for our needs.

Location was good as your a short walk to beach road and Central Mall. The beer bars are right outside the hotels door on soi 7 with soi 8 a short walk away.

All in all a good value hotel if you manage the discount. Would stay here again and met several guests who were return visitors.

Thanks for the replies Blokes ;)

Just booked a few nights just to check it out myself, should be good ! right where I want to be at start of trip ! Staggering distance in Soi Beer Bar land :)

Edited by CrustyAngel

• 2 weeks later...

Never stayed at this eastiny

read reports of thieving going on there

I had all my property stolen at eastiny residence(from safe behind reception)

so if staff move from eastiny to eastiny beware of thief,s

Just spent 10 nights there in a dulux ! Only booked for 3 nights at the start extended another 7 nights, room was good, staff where friendly exspecially the security gaurd, really liked soi 7 and 8 area, great place to start or end the night, noise did not worry me as bars shut at 3 am, and thats what time i headed back to room with a LT every night, had great first trip will stay there again in October for 2 weeks :)

Yeah i had a good time there, Yes the noise from the bars go's on until 2 or 3 am but it's right in the action. value for money :GoldenSmile1:

Mud , Blood or Flood, We fuck tonight.