Support our Sponsors >> Thai Friendly | Pattaya News | Pattaya Unplugged | Buy a drink for Soi 6 Girls | Thailand 24/7 Forum | TPN Property | La La Land bar | NEW PA website | Subscribe to The Pattaya News |Pattaya Investigations | Rage Fight Academy | Buy/Sell Businesses | Isaan Lawyers | Siam Business Brokers | Belts Of Mongering - Mongering Authority | Add your Text or Event here

IGNORED

Extension of "o" visa in Thailand.

thaibutch

My friend is currently on a non Imm "o" visa due to expire in June. He wants to extend his stay for another year but doesn't want to return to the uk to get another visa. Is there some way that he can do it whilst in Thailand ? He is over 50, but does not have a regular pension, and only has about 8000 GBP as funds.

One of the visa shops quoted him at 30,000 bhat for another year visa where he would only have to report at Immigration every 3 months but would not have to return to the UK to obtain the visa.

Seems a bit steep to me but I never really looked into it. Any BM's ahve any experience of how to get the visa and how much it would cost ?

he can do it him self at the immigfration office for $1,900 baht. He can get all the info on the paper work he needs there. it is very easy. I have done it 2 times myself.

he can do it him self at the immigfration office for $1,900 baht. He can get all the info on the paper work he needs there. it is very easy. I have done it 2 times myself.

Thanks for the reply. And that would give him another year ?

I think 'reyrey' might have misunderstood your question.

If your friend cannot satisfy the financial requirements for a Extension of Stay(Retirement) then I believe he cannot extend at all at Jomtien (unless of course he means $$$ LOL).

His choices are to return home to get another One Year Multi Entry O Visa or go for one of the back door options and hope it doesn't go wrong.

The 30k option will be one of the back door jobs.

As he's over 50, they're probably talking about depositing the 800k in his Thai bank account overnight to get him an Extension of Stay (Retirement). Last I heard the going rate for that was 24k.

I assume you guys are all POMs?

I got a six month visa from Perth, Oz last year, now the embassy there is closed so I can only front up the same way in Oz to any of the East Coast Embassies and get a three month visa.

What a F^ckin" schimozzle!

Same Fella, same ancestry, but more importantly, same MONEY, if not more.

WTF?

I assume you guys are all POMs?

I got a six month visa from Perth, Oz last year, now the embassy there is closed so I can only front up the same way in Oz to any of the East Coast Embassies and get a three month visa.

What a F^ckin" schimozzle!

Same Fella, same ancestry, but more importantly, same MONEY, if not more.

WTF?

The One Year Multis are still available in UK - getting tighter but not as bad as Oz I believe. Now you're supposed to show Condo' Chanote or Thai Company business or Marriage or whatever. You are supposed to have to have a reason of some sort, but guys are still reporting that they're getting them from Hull OK.

Anyway, the OP particularly doesn't want to return to UK so that's academic.

The One Year Multis are still available in UK - getting tighter but not as bad as Oz I believe. Now you're supposed to show Condo' Chanote or Thai Company business or Marriage or whatever. You are supposed to have to have a reason of some sort, but guys are still reporting that they're getting them from Hull OK.

Anyway, the OP particularly doesn't want to return to UK so that's academic.

sorry i have been watching this section recently but havent seen anyone in the last month report how they got a multi entry visa.

only way i have seen is by ed visa that cost a fortune(£500) to get on a course then another 150£ for the visa and still needs renewing. at £40 a time.... i am looking for way to get multi entry visa but havent seen anyone report a good way to get one.

best thing i am considering is a single entry visa to get 90 days then buying a "backdoor" job one for 20-25k for a 15month education one once in thailand. not ideal but i havent seen a good option to get a multi entry visa anymore and i have been through all the hull embassy paperwork and there doesnt seem to be any easy options anymore.

maybe you can enlighten me mate??

"There's plenty more prostitutes in Pattaya" ©2012™

"Only Newbies go home when planned" ©2012

"I don't run a gogo, i run a dance academy" Â©2014

"Sauna and milkshakes a winning combination" Â©2015

Facebook Group ::: Pattaya Bar Crawls and Parties

sorry i have been watching this section recently but havent seen anyone in the last month report how they got a multi entry visa.

maybe you can enlighten me mate??

Sorry if that was misleading.

Those I know who have got them have either qualified or found a way of satisfying Hull that they qualify. It is harder to do that now.

There will always be someone who says that's bollox I got one last week and I thought I'd seen one or two of those but I may be wrong.

From what I know of your circumstances, you are right that you do not qualify according to the rules, which I believe aren't new, but which are increasingly being enforced. The options you're looking at for what you want to do are probably the ones to consider.

I have just come back from Laos on Tuesday,and i now have an education visa.(15 months in total) I will have about 4 hours a week of Thai lessons and it all cost about 17,000 baht.I noticed that nearly everybody was being given a " single entry " back into Thailand apart from some people who had a " clean passport " and was there first time into Laos and got a " double entry".If you are under 50 years old then the " education visa " seems to be the best option.

Oh and i met the most gorgeous lady in Laos but that is " a story for another day " ............................ x

I have just come back from Laos on Tuesday,and i now have an education visa.(15 months in total) I will have about 4 hours a week of Thai lessons and it all cost about 17,000 baht.I noticed that nearly everybody was being given a " single entry " back into Thailand apart from some people who had a " clean passport " and was there first time into Laos and got a " double entry".If you are under 50 years old then the " education visa " seems to be the best option.

Oh and i met the most gorgeous lady in Laos but that is " a story for another day " ............................ x

i will ask this here but have PMed you other Questions buddy.

are you saying by going to LAOS you can get a double entry on your first trip there then back to Thailand??? if so how long do you have to be in LAOS? and did you use a visa service to do this?

What do you mean by Clean passport?? as in no back to back entries into Thailand or just no previous visits??

as i have 2 stamps for Thailand in my PP(30 day exemptions never had a Visa yet) from 2 years ago and a year ago but nothing recently... hope i am explaining myself properly and being understood here.

Thanks a lot for your answers already given mate i hope you dont mind answering a few more :D

"There's plenty more prostitutes in Pattaya" ©2012™

"Only Newbies go home when planned" ©2012

"I don't run a gogo, i run a dance academy" Â©2014

"Sauna and milkshakes a winning combination" Â©2015

Facebook Group ::: Pattaya Bar Crawls and Parties

are you saying by going to LAOS you can get a double entry on your first trip there then back to Thailand??? if so how long do you have to be in LAOS? and did you use a visa service to do this?

What do you mean by Clean passport?? as in no back to back entries into Thailand or just no previous visits??

as i have 2 stamps for Thailand in my PP(30 day exemptions never had a Visa yet) from 2 years ago and a year ago but nothing recently... hope i am explaining myself properly and being understood here.

My guess is that you'd probably be OK - it's about back to back TVs - but I doubt you'll get a TA to guarantee you'll get a double now.

If you try for it you do need to bone up on the directives issued to Cambodia & Laos about money in Thai bank, hotel reservation and return flight, which may be difficult - dunno?

Hello

Yes you need to leave Thailand,when i said a " clean passport " it means that you have never been stamped by Laos before.Double entry visa are very difficult to get now,although I was on a visa run with a company and a young russian girl got a double entry! everybody else got a " single entry "

as to the " visa run " i went with a company we had to stay over night in a hotel and then back the next day.It was worth it as these people seem to know what they are doing.( I could have " cut my costs " and gone on my own to Cambodia but many people have told me that at The Embassy in cambodia you could be " hanging about a bit " so i paid the money and went with a company to Laos ! Plus i met the most gorgeous Laos Lady ( 21 ) who just " wanted to be with me " ( lol) and to be honest,she was so lovely that " it made the trip into an excellent one! "

Mr Sunshine x