IGNORED

Phone settings

deathlay

Ok,so i have my phone from uk with me(galaxy s2)and have my thai sim in but im sure i have one of the settings wrong as when i have internet on the credits just goes so quick,when i turn off the internet credit is fine,think it is one of the roaming setting but aint sure,anyone know what it is?am i overlooking something simple?and this is without using the net.

Unless data is turned off, you are using it all the time even without 'being on the net.' Some Thai SIM's are time based and some are quantity based. If your package includes 15 hours of connectivity, guess what, it is gone in a day!

Most recent trip report: Cambodia/Thailand/Myanmar 2012

Ok im a bit of a newb with phones so you are saying have"use packet data"off?also what about data roaming?off aswell? Cant use the net on my phone with both this options off?

If you are using a time-based SIM, then not only do you want all data off when you are not using it but you should also log off the network. Data roaming refers to using another network which your Thai SIM will probably not allow. Usually turning off data does not apply to wifi connections.

Most recent trip report: Cambodia/Thailand/Myanmar 2012

thailand does not have 3g networks so sometimes the default settings on a non asian phone can have you online for a long time the best thing to do is go to a phone shop the one in carrfour is excellent they will set your phone up correctly for which network and phone model you are using in thailand and probably recommed best type of sim/deal . Consider a twin sim adapter not dear,

Bonus very cute girls!

• 2 weeks later...

Check with your sim card company they will have a simple no for you to turn on & of to their net service