IGNORED

Sea Me Spring - Soi 10

CrazeeHorse

Hello Members,

I was wondering if anyone has recently stayed at the Sea Me Spring hotel on Soi 10? Looking to stay here in March.

I believe they are building a second version of this hotel and it's not complete yet..but I digress..sorry.

Any recent or current experiences good or bad?

Are the rooms well equipped with decent TV / CD player?

What is their joiner policy on more than one guest...

Thanks in advance for your comments!

"Lead, follow, or get out of the way."

i stayed here last year. overall pretty good hotel, well worth the money.

they were pretty understanding when i had a crazy thai girl for a few nights who i had to chuck out my room for fighting with another girl and been violent. she tried for 2 hours to get back into the hotel and they didnt say a word about it the next day.

Stayed there in oct, will be staying there next week. Loved the place it's new, modern and clean. Nice flat screen on the wall no cd/dvd player, no joiner fee for the ladies.. Like the central location of the place easy to get around.

Hello Members,

I was wondering if anyone has recently stayed at the Sea Me Spring Hotel on Soi 10? Looking to stay here in March.

I believe they are building a second version of this hotel and it's not complete yet..but I digress..sorry.

Any recent or current experiences good or bad?

Are the rooms well equipped with decent TV / CD player?

What is their joiner policy on more than one guest...

Thanks in advance for your comments!

Seame Spring Too is complete and taking bookings http://seamespringtoohotel.com and maybe looking a little more like Page 10 rather than Sea Me Spring based on the web site photo's of the rooms

Where is Sea me too in relation to Sea me spring.. IS it across the road or beside it ?

Where is Sea me too in relation to Sea me spring.. IS it across the road or beside it ?

Across the road is the Sea Me Too the one beside is the Stay hotel

Across the road is the Sea Me Too the one beside is the Stay Hotel

Thanks

• 2 months later...

I stayed at a standard room in Sea Me Spring in March this year. It cost about $60AUD a night. The room was large and sparsely furnished. Aircon was clean and powerful.

The bathroom had a large bath and an excellent separate glass walled shower. The bathroom had five light bulbs, but they are small and dim and recessed. The tiles and walls were dark colours, making the bathroom a gloomy Cave. I could barely see well enough to shave. The hotel is new but a guest has already marked the bath - there's two cigarette burns on the white bath rim. He's obviously rested his cigarette there (twice!) while having a poo. The cleaner hasn't removed the burns, though it should be easy enough to do. I had to restrain myself from going to the shops to buy some product to do it myself.

The bedroom furniture was industrial design, very plain, minimalist steel and wood laminate. The Queen size bed was just right in its firmness. Commercial photos of the bed show all sorts of fancy sheets and pillows. No there isn't. In real life you get two plain white pillows and no sheets - just a plain white doona (quilt or eiderdown to non-Australians). If it's cold you sleep under the doona. If its hot you sleep on top. Doing away with sheets is a smart idea - I struck it first in a UK hotel last August, and I've adopted it at home in Melbourne.

The room was cleaned on a daily basis - maybe. The towels were changed and the rubbish bin emptied daily but there was no other evidence the cleaner chick had visited. Dusty surfaces remained dusty and the doona remained crumpled. There was a borer infestation of one shelf. Neat little holes in the edge of the shelf and a suprisingly large pile of fine sawdust underneath each hole. The cleaner chick smeared the little piles of sawdust for several days before finally nuking the little critters and halting sawdust production.

The wall by the door had a large gouge mark of damaged paint and plaster. It looked like a guest had scraped his suitcases against it. Once again, this is something that could easily have been repaired but wasn't.

There was the usual in-room safe and mini refrigerator crammed with minibar stuff. There's a large wall mounted TV with usb and hdmi ports. There's no dvd player.

They have free wi-fi and ADSL points in the rooms. I borrowed an ADSL cable from Reception but the service was only poor to average strength. Both wi-fi and ADSL ceased functioning for a few hours about every two days - possibly the hotel went with an el cheapo provider.

There is a small swimming pool on the roof. There was very little shade from the sun and the surrounds looked plain and uncomfortable. I didn't like it at all. But the one time I went up, there were half a dozen folk having fun around the pool so maybe it's just me.

My room was at the back of the hotel and overlooked Tipp Plaza. Tipp Plaza used to be a mainly deserted car park. There is now a ramshackle canvas and iron roof sheltering stalls that sell the same knock-off clothing and tourist crap you can buy at a zillion other places in Pattaya. Why do they bother? Being Thai, they need loud music. So I got that in my room all day. At night, the shops closed up and the music was replaced by karaoke and music from the bars until 3am. The room could do with some sound deadening.

SeaMe Spring has a restaurant in the foyer with prices slightly higher than the outside world. Very few people ate there. I was concerned about the turnover of foodstuffs in the kitchen so I never tried it. There's just too many other places to eat in Pattaya.

The reception desk staff always had smiles and an eager attitude. They sorted out a muddle (my fault) in my hotel booking very efficiently. Sometimes they were too eager: One afternoon I had the "Do Not Disturb" light turned on so I could take a siesta. They phoned me, waking me up, to ask me if I wanted my room cleaned. Grrr.

Would I stay here again? No. There's a lot of very positive reviews for this hotel on agoda and here elsewhere. So I was looking forward to staying here and I really wanted to like it. But the gloominess of the room, especially the bathroom, the almost constant street noise and the almost useless internet provision were deal breakers.

Photos:

1)View from balcony showing the noisy market.

2)Bed.

3)Workbench/dressing table.

SeaMe Spring balcony small.jpg

SeaMe Spring bed small.jpg

SeaMe Spring table small.jpg

I've stayed in this hotel a couple of times and I think I agree with RCR, although it's in a great location (which attracted me back second time), for the price there are just one or two too many negatives to warrant a full recommendation.

The rooms are a little too spartan, the internet crap, the bathroom - dark and no kettle in the room.

But if your into minimalist and you like a view of the sea, take a sea deluxe room and it won't ruin your holiday

Great review,

would be interested in what recommendations either dumbdag666 / RCR would give instead of this place as I have a booking for myself and a mate next month. I was thinking Page 10 but dislike it being so close to 2nd road. Also have booked seaview rooms. Normally stay at the original Sandy Spring hotel in Soi 13 but thought it would be good for a change.

Cheers

Hey globalexperiences

I'm also a regular at SS, but last May I stayed at the SeaMeSpring in a seaview room. RCR's review is pretty accurate

The good news is you still get a nice balcony with the same view as SS. Only you look down on a dirt lot not the pool area like SS. The other thing I liked about SeaMe over SS was the large bathroom with a stand up shower. My biggest complaint about SS was the puny hobbit sized bathrooms.

One thing that might worry me is that shopping arcade next door with the daytime noise.

My opinion is that if you like SS you'll probably be happy with SeaMe.

I've also stayed at the Page10 and it's almost identical to SeaMe only you don't get the seaview balcony.

Good luck

P.S. I don't really use the in room WiFi, so I can't really comment. So if WiFi/internet connection is important to you that might be a deal breaker. But then good WiFi wasn't a feature of SS either.

Edited by kash buc

Sea Me Spring Too hotel might be a better deal. It's on the other side of Soi 10, further away from Tipp Plaza. Photos on Agoda show a better swimming pool. The price on Agoda is the same as Sea Me Spring ($54AUD).

Edited by whitespider

Kash Buc

Thanks for the info..... I too am tall and the showers/bath at SS were imported from set of Lord of the rings. But I have never stayed anywhere else so I know no different. Wifi not that important. If Page 10 is the same as Seame other than swapping the sea views for breakfast then I would rather the views. I play golf a lot so I don't tend to be at the hotel during the day. RCR I was thinking about Seame Too but there were a couple of negative comments about it so I thought Seame Spring 1 will do.

Decisions decisions!!!!!!

Either way happy to be there!!