IGNORED

SeaMe Spring Hotel December 2011

Hestepik

I stayed one week in December 2011 at the rather new SeaMe Spring hotel in Soi 10.

During my stay there was major construction work going on in front of the hotel (see recent pictures posted on this site).

Noise from this was only minor issue, but be prepared that soi 10 is currently only a dirtroad, whith the occasional hole that could easily hold an entire chang (yes!)

The hotel is new and with a pleasant ambience. Rooms are surprisingly spacious, very nice bathroom. Minibar is well stocked and not to expensive. Great flatscreen tv in front of bed (Note to self: Next time remember HDMI cabel so you can connect TV to laptop a watch all the movies in HD you have pirated :Whistle: )

Staff very friendly. No problems bringing guest. One night I saw one guy returning with 3 LB's. The young and very cute receptionist didn't bat an eyelid, taking their IDs

Internet: Free but slightly annoying that you only get 5 hour cards. I use internet almost 24/7 so I constantly had the ask for a new card

Restaurant however is useless. Stupid me had to eat there three times before finally realising it. First time had a steak, which in hindsight I should simply have returned to the kitchen. Food in small portions, relatively expensive and bland in taste. Forget the restaurant altogether. For breakfast why not go to Bert's at Soi 6 for the best breakfast made in pattaya for the samme price

Pool on top floor is great. Nice balcony, however due to the construction work not a good view

One very odd thing is that they don't iron the bedlinen. After the maid had done up the room after my first night :Bed_Sex: , I came back to my room and to my horror saw that the linen was still crumpled. Assuming -wrongly- that they simply had reused the bedlinen, I furiously went to the reception to complain :WTF1: . As it turned out, it was indeed fresh bedlinen - just not ironed. Even if it is indeed clean bedlinen it still bothered med that every time I came back with a ”friend” they looked at the bed perhaps thinking it has not been made up ince the last ”guest"

However I did really like this hotel. Next time I might stay here again, if not instead trying ”Page 10” up the soi, which has received marginally better reviews.

Location on Soi 10 is great: Close to Soi Diana, Mike Shopping mall, Pattaya Festival.

Plus: Truly pleasant hotel with :Cool3: spacious rooms. Good location. Great staff. Guest friendly

Minus: Restaurant not good. Bedlinen not ironed, Construction work outside

Damage: 2090 per night. Recommended if this is in your price range :8of10Score:

Thanks for this really helpful review.

Just a quick question: Quality of in-room equipment like TV/CD player? Anywhere to play DVD's or music CD's?

Peace.

Edited by CrazeeHorse

"Lead, follow, or get out of the way."

I stayed there in October in a sea deluxe room and it didn’t have a CD/DVD player. But on trips I always

bring my small laptop and hdmi cable. So I just used the TV to play my movies and music – worked fine.

Even though they do not issue member cards at the moment they do honor the old ones, so if got one

that is 300 of the prices. If booking through their website be sure to put that info in the blank

very nice place and the staff was good i'll go back no problem :)

the road work did anoy me (dirtroad not the noise) so i'll wait until that is finished

CH,

As Reje7 says, there's no CD/DVD player. Best is to use HDMI to connect your laptop with the TV

I'm sure an MP3 player can be connected as well

CH,

As Reje7 says, there's no CD/DVD player. Best is to use HDMI to connect your laptop with the TV

I'm sure an MP3 player can be connected as well

Thanks for all replies. Most helpful.

Final question:

Is there any advantage in choosing rooms on the higher floors? Is there a particular floor to ask for?

Thanks in advance.

"Lead, follow, or get out of the way."

i stayed there in Oct all rooms have a balcony. i stayed on the 7th floor sea me deluxe room. higher floors more unobstructive view of the water. all the rooms are nice. choosing a lower floor for my trip there next week..