Support our Sponsors >> Thai Friendly | Pattaya News | Pattaya Unplugged | The Night Wish Group | Thailand 24/7 Forum | TPN Property | La La Land bar | NEW PA website | Subscribe to The Pattaya News | | Pattaya Investigations | ChicaCheck | Buy/Sell Property | Isaan Lawyers | Anglo Siam Legal | Add your Text or Event here

IGNORED

Torn Rotator Cuff

glenjean

All,

I have a partially torn rotator cuff, I've had two MRI's that confirm this. One doctor reccommends surgery, another recommends Phsio Theraphy.

Right now I have chosen the therapy.

Can anyone reccomend any hospitals, clinics or any health care facilities in pattaya that can provide Phsio Theraphy for this type injury 3 to 4 days a week?

If so what would the extimated cost be each session.

Any info will be greatly appreciated. Thanks

Bad news, I've had the same injury, took me about 8 weeks of physio to recover. It's shouldn't hold you back on you mongering tho. Only problem I had was sleeping.

Can't help with any info on physio in pattaya tho.

I used to go to Pattaya Inernationl for ultra sound. Cost was about 800 Baht per session, in 2006 & 2007.

Sounds like prices have about tripled since then according to other post's I've seen recently.

Well equiped facility and friendly staff.

Ive had the same injury for years - never bothered with surgery or proper physio - and guess what - it WONT get better without - my arm is still useless !

Re the physio though - actually they should be able to give you exercises, and you use different strengths of like a rubber band type thing to gain strength and motion. Even my physio for other injuries, who is very good, only recommended I see her every month, and do the exercises every day at home. So the cost would be neglible INHO

• 2 weeks later...

All,

I have a partially torn rotator cuff, I've had two MRI's that confirm this. One doctor reccommends surgery, another recommends Phsio Theraphy.

Right now I have chosen the therapy.

Can anyone reccomend any hospitals, clinics or any health care facilities in pattaya that can provide Phsio Theraphy for this type injury 3 to 4 days a week?

If so what would the extimated cost be each session.

Any info will be greatly appreciated. Thanks

May I ask how old you are? Amongst other factors, age has an impact on how quickly and how completely you are likely to heal from that injury. I was a baseball pitcher in high school, and tore my rotator cuff as a sophmore (15 years old). It took me about 4 months to recover without any kind of surgery, and I've never had a shoulder problem since - and I played baseball into my 30s. On the other hand, I know guys in their late 20s and 30s who had the same injury and never healed. If you're above 25 or so, It'll be a much tougher go without the surgery.

Good luck to ya,

LM

• 2 weeks later...

The older you are the more likely surgery will not be as effective/or recommended!!

I had a Rotator cuff injury at the start of last year and it took the best part of 10 months to get back to full training(i am 50), take your time and build it back up slowly...

<deleted. Read post wrong>

Edited by travelling_man

I tore mine a few years ago and endured months of physio, massage, acupunture etc, though to some small degree all helped however eventually my Orthopaedic surgeon suggested surgical repair, although being somewhat hesitant, I succumbed and had the surgery.

Aftermath was painful, a nuisance being immobilized and took several long months of more physio etc. End result, it is far better than before though the shoulder has decreased slightly in the range of movement.

Obviously every rotator cuff tear is different and the severity differs too, though I strongly suggest, as long as the pain is bearable, to try everything else before contemplating surgery. My shoulder took a good 8 months before I could use it reasonably well.

Cheers Fred11