IGNORED

Cute Thai Teachers in YT

XOL123

They're both nice but i like the 2nd girl...Wow! She's a cutie! :Hug1:

Good find!

They are actually the 2 that I watch all the time to teach me Thai on Youtube.

Kruu Wee actually has a Skype account and I have chatted to her a couple of times on there.

I thanked her for making the videos and requested/suggested that she make a video to help me understand how to tell the time in Thai (Part 3 is the link you have shown).

I have considered asking to meet her on my next trip and take her out somewhere to say thank you for all the lessons.

Another couple of Youtube teachers for me are....

Bon(learnthaithebonway)

and the first person to teach me any Thai on a Youtube video 3 years ago was Bua -panther1407 (she has changed accounts a couple of times)...She is now a Uni student and blossoming into a very beautiful woman.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7KnA1aCxrVI

My Youtube Channel about everything Thailand - TravInThailand

Studythai:

Metalizaa:

My Thai Language School:

Thai Language Hostess, lots of short clips from the iPhone/Android App:

Girl from AjarnAdam.com:

And last but not least a teacher from AUA in Bangkok. Maybe the Thai is a bit above the level of most here, but she's a very funny and cheeky girl:

ขออภัยในความไม่สะดวก กูเกิลทรานสเลทไม่สามารถแปลข้อมูลนี้ได้ 

And last but not least a teacher from AUA in Bangkok. Maybe the Thai is a bit above the level of most here, but she's a very funny and cheeky girl:

I am really hooked on the method that they used at AUA in Bangkok. I think that my next vacations will be in bangkok to visit this school. But this video is from level 5-10. This means, that you have 600+ Hours of listening to other levels before you reach this level of understanding. When you start this Level, this is the time when you start speaking in AUA.

There is a great blog from a guy that went through the whole program of AUA and documented it.

http://daninbangkok.blogspot.com/2007_03_01_archive.html

One of the last comments he made:

I still firmly believe that an AUA style all listening method is by far the best way to learn to speak and listen! If I ever have the chace to study another language in the future, I will use the same method for sure.-------

I stoped learning thai with flashcards and early speaking, because i believe them, that this will not help the longtime goal of speaking fluently.

I am a moneyreformer. More and more people realize that our moneysystem is broken. It has a bug and need an update. Problem is, that most humans don't know a shit about how money works and so most people are not able to see the bug. They blame the greedy, the lazy, the old, the unenployed or the state. So we are doomed to see a moneycrash with many human tragedies.

PS: gold backed currency is NOT the solution.

But this video is from level 5-10. This means, that you have 600+ Hours of listening to other levels before you reach this level of understanding. When you start this Level, this is the time when you start speaking in AUA.

Cool! If I ever go there it'll save me 600 hours in a classroom :D

One more to round it off, and no, it's not about the slightly overweight American in the clip (although his Thai is a lot better than mine), but of course the girl he's talking to. Is she a hottie or what? I'd like it better if she spoke a bit slower though... :D

ขออภัยในความไม่สะดวก กูเกิลทรานสเลทไม่สามารถแปลข้อมูลนี้ได้ 

Learning a language is just like learning anything else.

Some people respond more to visual cues, others respond more to verbal repetition, others respond well to note taking, etc.

So just because someone says some method worked well for them and it has to be the best doesn't mean it will work all that great for you. You have to know yourself or discover to know the optimal way you learn.

And of course, none of this addresses the fact that vast majority of people are lazy, and on top of that, vast majority of foreigners in Thailand are not there to learn the language.

Learning a language is just like learning anything else.

Some people respond more to visual cues, others respond more to verbal repetition, others respond well to note taking, etc.

We all learned our first language only with watching, hearing and guessing. And we learnd the first language normaly pretty well.

So just because someone says some method worked well for them and it has to be the best doesn't mean it will work all that great for you. You have to know yourself or discover to know the optimal way you learn. I think that this method would work on anyone, but the problem is, as adults we want to learn a language as fast as possible, because we want to express our self. So many people don't want to wait so long till speaking. But this will possible bucher your ability to reach a nativ like fluently.

And of course, none of this addresses the fact that vast majority of people are lazy,

But this programm is the heaven for lazy people. You dont learn vocabular, you don't learn gramma, you don't get homework, you don*t need to practice the right pronounciation and suck at it because you can*t hear the tones. You watch only two teachers interact and talking thai while doing so. Its like watching a amateur theater with strong bodylanguage, laugh about it, and learn the language without stress or force in a very short time.

And the problem with language learning is offten not beeing lazy. Nearly no adult reaches fluently in a second language. It is not possible that nearly all are lazy. I think that AUA is correct and it hurts your second language when build it on your first language with normal language learning methods.

and on top of that, vast majority of foreigners in Thailand are not there to learn the language.

This is a good reason. I understand people that came only for three weeks per year and never want to leave the tourist path. They have no reason to learn the language. But for someone that want to come every winter for 2-3 month is stupid not to lern thai.

I am a moneyreformer. More and more people realize that our moneysystem is broken. It has a bug and need an update. Problem is, that most humans don't know a shit about how money works and so most people are not able to see the bug. They blame the greedy, the lazy, the old, the unenployed or the state. So we are doomed to see a moneycrash with many human tragedies.

Cool! If I ever go there it'll save me 600 hours in a classroom :D

It would not be cool if they are right.

They claim, that you likely robbed yourself about the possibility to ever speak thai like a native. That you started to speak to early before having an ear for the language and now programmed your brain with a false pronunciation that is really hard to loose again.

Is she a hottie or what? I'd like it better if she spoke a bit slower though... :D

Yeah, she is a hottie.

that aua teacher is good, i downloaded the videos of her off youtube a while back and i watch/listen to them a lot. She's funny she speaks naturally in those videos.

The second teacher is sooo cute!

Just lucky man to be here with so many lovely girls to choose from.

:ThumbUp6:

And the problem with language learning is offten not beeing lazy. Nearly no adult reaches fluently in a second language. It is not possible that nearly all are lazy. I think that AUA is correct and it hurts your second language when build it on your first language with normal language learning methods.

Boat loads of people immigrate to the US and 2 years later many speak and write English damn near fluently. Their pronunciation is often not that great, but it is quite amazing to watch their progress.

Similarly, I've met people have made the move to other countries - France, China, Korea, Japan, Latin America - and a year or two later, they are kicking ass in the local language.

It is certainly not an insurmountable task. But it does require commitment, immersion, persistence, hard work - qualities that most us Thailand guys lack.

This is a good reason. I understand people that came only for three weeks per year and never want to leave the tourist path. They have no reason to learn the language. But for someone that want to come every winter for 2-3 month is stupid not to lern thai.

Why? Most of these annual vacationers will spend their time whoring around in the epicenter of tourist town where English is more than sufficient. Instead of spending a lot of time and effort learning Thai, most of us would be much better off spending our limited time and effort to make more money and learn marketable skills and trades.

Boat loads of people immigrate to the US and 2 years later many speak and write English damn near fluently. Their pronunciation is often not that great, but it is quite amazing to watch their progress.

They open their mouth and you know they are not native.

And try their bad pronunciation with a tonal language like thai and you order a car instead of a burger.