Support our Sponsors >> Thai Friendly | Pattaya News | Pattaya Unplugged | Buy a drink for Soi 6 Girls | Thailand 24/7 Forum | TPN Property | La La Land bar | NEW PA website | Subscribe to The Pattaya News |Pattaya Investigations | Rage Fight Academy | Buy/Sell Businesses | Isaan Lawyers | Siam Business Brokers | Belts Of Mongering - Mongering Authority | Add your Text or Event here

IGNORED

Your best Pattaya dish

I'm about to get to Pattaya again in a couple of weeks, but in the combined total of about 6 weeks I've spent in that wonderful part of the world I've not had too many memorable food experiences. Sure I've had some decent meals here and there but nothing that stands out.

I understand that food is not the main reason we come to Pattaya, but I've decided that on this trip I'd like to sample the best of what the city has to offer food wise.

This can be anything from a street stall to an upmarket restaurant and anything in between. Breakfast, lunch, dinner, late night snack...anything.

I want to know what is the best dish you've had in Pattaya is, where you got it, what made it so good, and how much you paid.

If I don't get too distracted by all the other things that are on offer I'll put up a trip report with some of the dishes you guys recommend, and anything else I can find.

Thanks in advance!

Tequila Reef Cantina - Soi 7

Three item combo

Number 76 - Western Style Chicken burger

Number 117 - Chicken Enchilada

Strawberry Daquiri

The Golf Club - LK Metro

English breakfast

The banana smoothie is also very serious.

Oishi Ramen Noodle, top floor - Central Festival

Katsu Curry with rice 89 baht

IMG_0233.JPG

Swensens Ice Cream

Ivory Sundae

IMG_0234.JPG

A-Roy Pizza Stall - LK Metro (next to MASH) and Soi Buakhow market

Pizza

It really is just a matter of personal preference, trying a few places and finding something that hits the spot.

ipUTkd7VLymwJ.gif

If you are down Jomtien way;

For Thai food - Eagle Restaurant on Soi 4 off Jomtien Beach Road. Good Thai food and good portions. Best Pat Priow Wan Gai (Sweet and Sour Chicken) I have ever had!

For Burgers - 1921 Restaurant on Thap Phraya just before it turns into Jomtien Beach Road. See Pattaya Photo Guide.

For Italian Food - Trattoria Italiana on the east side of Thap Phraya in the same parking lot as Foodland Supermarket. Great Italian food! Never had a bad meal or bad service there.

For Mexican Food - Sam's Mexican and American Grill on Jomtien Plaza Road.

"Time travel!! All you want is to slap a hippie, but all you get is multiple Kowalski's."

Cherries at Third Rd just off Soi Chaiypoon... Best selections in my opinion = Steak ,

Patrick The Begian Restaurant at Soi Diana............ Best selections in my opinion = Large bowl of Mussels for 250 bt every friday

Lewisinky At Soi 13/14..... Best selections in my opinion = Chicken stuffed

Loved the Sunday Roast at Sportman's Pub - great quantity and quality!

Had pad thai off of the street carts twice and loved it both times (better than any pad thai I've had here in the U.S.!)

The thing that I kept going back to more than anything else, though, was those little fried pork strips from the carts on WS (at least I HOPE they were pork!). I'm sure they were unhealthy as Hell, but they hit the spot each and every time that I got them!

Salmon steak set in Sukishi Japanese restaurant (5th floor central festival). About 200 bhat and outstanding taste.

there used to be a wee italian, run by an old guy on the hill on the way to jomtien, his spag bol was silly money at the time 90 baht and was raised to 100 baht haha, the place was always mobbed and full of italians, sign of quality, he did a good tuna salad as well...is he still there? still good?

pizzabig in naklua was good when it first opened, danillo was an excellent chef, it changed hands though and quality while good was nowhere near danillo's standards

thai food was good at the open restaurant on sukhumvit nr tesco lotus/outlet mall(bkk side), another was the wee restaurant on soi bukaow, think it used to be next to an old second hand book shop, guy used to cook at the front in an open kitchen, always mobbed, just along from there at the corner with family mart and 7/11 was one of the best noodle soup stalls around,

think it was Soi 6 or soi 8 that had the best kebabs, big friendly farang fella used to oversee everything and they were quality

loads of other wee places that were quite good and passable but the above were well worth a mention last time i tried them

Massaman Gai at Num Chai Soi Buakhau at 100 baht. Great taste and very filling.

420 That little italian is great, and so cheap

some other of my favorites

Moomaroi in Nakula good seafood they do a great crab deep fried dumpling

There is a pizza place on jomtien beach think its soi 3 very good pizza, better than pan pan

Cabages and condoms, not bad at all

Nirvana place Manhattens and matahari

cafe de amis soi 11 just off Thapparaya road good interenational

cant beat roast pork and duck form MK, and the soup

Theppasit road, going from beach end, a third of the way on the right, pattaya seafood is good, and at the tescos end theres a good spanish on the right

Marine seafood and the kebab shop opposite the soi where happy agogo is great when your drunk

Had some half decent middle eastern food

The best place by far bit a of a long drive though is Suttangrak at the end of jomtien beach its brilliant, best seafood in pattaya, has live music somenights, great place to take a girl as long as its not a thai holiday as the place gets mobbed, great place to chill after a few days on the booze.

I dont rate any of the places on WS, its actually hard to find bad thai food, western food can be hit and miss though, just try as many places as you can!

i'm glad to hear the wee italian is still there and still quality, will definetely be checking it out next time im in town, i'll check some of the others in this thread too

• 2 weeks later...

Central Festival food court.......penang moo with rice (red curry) 70 baht.........you can sit in air conditioned comfort and there are heaps of ladies to see.......

Central Festival food court.......penang moo with rice (red curry) 70 baht.........you can sit in air conditioned comfort and there are heaps of ladies to see.......

. Also the Indian in the food court is very tasty

I agree with Sportsmans everything is good there. But, the Kiss cafe behind Mikes mall is awsome. A good place for good cheap Thai food 24 hours a day. Also a good breakfast but out doors so if you want to beat the heat maybe not so good.

pork filet and lyonnaise potatoes with gorgonzola sauce Beefeater soi diana.

kiss was awful years ago...you get what you pay for and it was just pure pish

the wee restaurant in foodland was a better alternative but not open 24hrs

...i think thats the only reason kiss survives, always open easily located and 90% of customers are pissed so will eat anything

:)

Hmm, I think Kiss is a great place to eat, now.

Middle of the road price and portions.......

Just my $.02 satang

Improving one Issan girls cash flow , one cash grant at a time !

Tikka Center opposite Soi Honey on Soi Buckhao

Chicken Tikka 120b

Aloo Gobi (extra spicey) 100b

Naan Bread 20b

Bottle San Miguel 60b

Lovely!

My Pattaya budget is perfectly adequate as long as I don't spend any of it

Hmm, I think Kiss is a great place to eat, now.

Middle of the road price and portions.......

Just my $.02 satang

your best pattaya dish is ???? kiss?

just tell your bargirl to go get street food and then feed it to you sexily

an experience not to be missed

• 1 month later...

Ga Pow Gai, stuffed pork Omelette and clams in a crab sauce (awesome) are my fav dishes.

The little soup stall's for breakfast.

That's all I ate every morning for two weeks last trip, now I miss it.

• 2 weeks later...

Tops supermarket (pattaya klang) best value for money, big menu international and Thai food,great service and can even watch them cook, never had a bad meal there and will always go back. Try the pepper steak fillet and fries +salad - awesome