Support our Sponsors >> Thai Friendly | Pattaya News | Pattaya Unplugged | Buy a drink for Soi 6 Girls | Thailand 24/7 Forum | TPN Property | La La Land bar | NEW PA website | Subscribe to The Pattaya News |Pattaya Investigations | Rage Fight Academy | Buy/Sell Businesses | Isaan Lawyers | Siam Business Brokers | Belts Of Mongering - Mongering Authority | Add your Text or Event here

IGNORED

High end 'girl friendly' Hotels in Pattaya

perth

Marriott - Poolside Suite Room

Hilton - Suite room with outdoor jacuzzi on balcony

Sheraton

Dusit D2 is average by comparison. And the staff are cunts when they decide to treat all Asian girls as bar girls. Asked my GF for her ID despite her being non Thai and named on the booking. It's a mid range hotel at best ...,

Although the hotel is not high end have enjoyed the 3 bedroom top floor suite at LK Renaissance. Very big outdoor roof area. Big outdoor jacuzzi - like 6-8 seater. Ring hotel to get it and great for parties...

Anybody got any thoughts about the Hard Rock as a place to stay?

Dated, average, middle of pack.

• Replies 66
  • Created
  • Last Reply
I spend an average of approx. 150 fifty hotel nights/year for business and of course leisure, and frankly speaking I was not too impressed by the D2.

Of course it is a nice... The reception is huge, modern, quiet... Great sofas to wait for your friends, sip a beer... There's a gym too, restaurant... The rooms have a nice pool view, pretty quiet, well equipped, nice transparent shower cabin... ;) and you can hardly beat the location.

Service is good but not exceptional either.

The cons now:

- I found the receptionists for example much nicer and welcoming at Tim boutique or at the President hotels in Bangkok.

- Mosquitos and no sun at the pool after 15.pm. Since my friends and I were partying up late and waking up accordingly, after a week we were still white... And even if you wanna say and just enjoy the pool (sometimes too hot anyway under the sun) when the sun leaves, the Mosquitos attack... We tried repellent, creams and so on but eventually you still get bitten real bad.

- weird A/C smell in the room, but ok, I have a very powerful sense of smell unfortunately. Eventually, it didn't disturb me more than that, that's more something you notice. But all my friends and I noticed it.

I will try the Marriott one day but I rather spend my €€€ in 4 stars hotel like LK, Tim, Page 10 style hotel. Better value for the money IMHO.

Don't disagree on the downsides of D2, do disagree on positives.

It's a tarted up old building. It's nothing special.

On your other comments; Which LK? I've stayed at most and a fair bit at Renaissance but you'd struggle by most reasonable definitions to get them to 4 star. Tim (or Intimate as it now is) is bloody average; Page 10 is also and way overpriced in shoulder/high season.

Marriott is ok but it's only really Marriott standard when you stay in rooms like the poolside suite/villas...

Value for money is entirely subjective....

But really there is no need to stay in high end/expensive room hotels in Pattaya though I am sure many do.

Its not as if you are in the room all that long. Save the money for spending it about town, and for more trips.

You could make that argument in respect of anything.

The reality is the Hilton, beachside suite with balcony jacuzzi is frigging nice. At 7-10k a night (depending on deal/season) it's not bad. It's simply a function of ones disposable cash as to whether it's a good idea of not

• 4 weeks later...

Amari hotel was highly recommended to me by a a friend of mine. He had bought two girls at a time without any joiner fees.

Those that say the Hard Rock is dated??????

it's had a huge overhall the past few years and rooms are excellent as is the amenities....

"I am not a Rapist"

John 3:16

Anybody got any thoughts about the Hard Rock as a place to stay?

I stay there a lot and love it. I only go there with my family though. If i'm getting up to no good i stay elsewhere 

"I am not a Rapist"

Always found the Hard Rock and the Royal Cliff girl friendly, The Dusit has to be the worst in town

Odd.

I have stayed at Dusit D2 many times and it is girl friendly in BOTH senses.

Hard Rock and Royal Cliff certainly not.

To be "girl friendly" they should

1. Not charge for (one) stayer although many will now charge for 2nd girl.

2. Treat the girls in a reasonable fashion especially at reception and breakfast etc. Hard Rock most certainly does not "like" bar girls staying a;lthough they do let them in. It is the attitude of the staff here that, in my opinion, makes these two non girl friendly.

Advertise on Pattaya Addicts. Send me a PM for more info'

Please consider a donation to the forum!

Odd.

I have stayed at Dusit D2 many times and it is girl friendly in BOTH senses.

Hard Rock and Royal Cliff certainly not.

To be "girl friendly" they should

1. Not charge for (one) stayer although many will now charge for 2nd girl.

2. Treat the girls in a reasonable fashion especially at reception and breakfast etc. Hard Rock most certainly does not "like" bar girls staying a;lthough they do let them in. It is the attitude of the staff here that, in my opinion, makes these two non girl friendly.

I was told the Hard Rock is US$25 for a girl to come back?

"I am not a Rapist"

I think the thread is a good example of how inexact a science choosing a hotel can be, for example

Dusit D2 is my preferred hotel and many agree but at the same time we can see some members were not impressed.

Also a disparity about what is "high end" (as per the OPs request), Lots of guys suggesting Page 10 etc. Page 10 is still by far the most booked hotel by members but it is mid priced and mid rage it is certainly not a "high end" hotel.

Advertise on Pattaya Addicts. Send me a PM for more info'

Please consider a donation to the forum!

It could well be bro. I have not stayed there for a while due to the attitude of staff.

Fair dooz oldboy :D

I like it, we have a girl "Anne" that takes care of us. Her and my Mrs have become good pals. Last time we booked one of the family suits with the bunk beds. I think they were about 10K a night, we got two for 15K from her...

"I am not a Rapist"

I am staying in Marriott now. The hotel is a little old. I have stayed here numbers of time and the staffs take good care of me (free food and drinks in the lounge). It may not be a "high end" hotel but close to it. I will check out later this week and go to the new Siam@Siam hotel.

I will check out later this week and go to the new Siam@Siam hotel.

I'm really looking for your review of this new hotel!

Please keep in mind that everything I write is based on my own experiences, my personal preferences and my expectations. YMMV!

There's nothing wrong about being cheap ... but being cheap isn't being smart ... never was, never will be ... it's just cheap

I'm really looking for your review of this new hotel!

I just checked in to Siam@Siam. The room I have is a corner room in the back of the building. It has a small balcony but you could only stand out there (no room for a chair). I have a nice North Pattaya sea view but not as good as Holiday Inn and Hilton. The hotel has some funky design. Two swimming pools. The room is more like the room in Page 10. I only pay a little over 3000 baht for a night (soft opening promotion). So, I don't think it could be cosidered as a "high end" hotel. Also, based on what I read from Tripadvisor, it is not girl friendly.

Base on the information from the bell boy here. The construction behind Holiday Inn will be a Holiday Inn Express. Althought it will not be a high end hotel, but some of the new Holiday Inn express are very nice.

• 5 months later...

I was told by a friend of mine at the pub that LK Renaissance charged extra to bring girls back. Is this true?

single-mum.jpg

post-1-0-28227900-1338976307.gif

I've never been charged a joiner fee @ LK Ren in the 4 times I've stayed there.

• 3 weeks later...

Archived