IGNORED

Getting a new tourist visa (while in thailand)

schmitty

I'm on my last 30 days of my 60 day + 30 day extension tourist visa and i want to stay longer (am currently in the extension period so i have nothing after). It's a single entry visa so what are my options? I know there's visa runs to cambodia, but are they mainly for people who have double entry tourist visas?

I'm guessing i'll have to go to cambodia, apply for a new tourist visa at the thai consulate and stay in cambodia for about 2 days until my visa application is approved...is this correct? Are there visa run agencies for this? Because all the ones i've seen talk about staying in cambodia for like half an hour or so...but when i applied for my tourist visa in Australia, it took 2 days for it to get approved.

Edited by schmitty

You are getting border runs and visa runs mixed up. Visa runs you have to at the minimum stay overnight. At this time going to Laos for a tourist visa is your best bet as Cambodia isn't so tourist visa friendly last I heard. There are two VIP agencies that arrange it all for you from Pattaya. First Class Visa Run and Five Star Visa Runs are their names and I believe they both use the same guy anyway. They will arrange it all for you all you have to do is bring yourself and a couple of pics. Last I checked it was 8,500 for a double entry from Laos. There is also Camabodia Inter who I believe charge less but not so VIP.

Border runs are for people with a multiple entry visa who need to leave after 90 days and come back to start a new entry, Cambodia is fine for this and you leave in the morning and come back in the afternoon.

Ah thanks for clearing that up. I too have read about some place not being so via friendly (i'm guessing it was cambodia), but since this is my first time doing it, it might not be a problem...? I think there was a problem for some people who had already gotten the stamp from cambodia and were going again.

Anyone here have a problem with cambodia?

Edited by schmitty

I have a single entry non-o visa for 90 days but need an extra month. My idea was to take a weekend trip to either Hongkong or Singapore and get a 30 day tourist on arrival. Will that work ?

Yes, if you are on the list of visa exempt countries then you will always get 30 days when you fly in without any visa.