IGNORED

Air Asia flights from $99 ex Sydney to KL

WYBMADIITY

$99 from Sydney to Kuala Lumpur? Yes, says AirAsia X

January 17, 2012, 3:24 pm Laura Anderson Totaltravel

aqir_asia_17h9tpl-17h9tpm.jpg?x=120&sig=e1ujZtgg51WxS9nuv8gPng--

Rating: (9)

Rate It

Sydneysiders rejoiced today as budget airline AirAsia X has revealed they will be launching new routes directly from Sydney to Kuala Lumpur.

aqir_asia_17h9tpl-17h9tpm.jpg

The long-anticipated announcement came today at a press conference atop Sydney’s Museum of Contemporary Art overlooking the spectacular Harbour.

AirAsia X Group CEO Tan Sri Tony Fernandes happily broke the news to airline partners and the media, commenting “The city has been a priority for AirAsia X due to the high demand for direct flights from Kuala Lumpur to Sydney”.

The airline already flies out of other major Australian hubs of Perth, Melbourne and the Gold Coast, however the Sydney route will be the only direct flight they offer to Asia.

Offering fares as low as $99 economy one way starting this April, other international carriers will have a hard time matching the budget airline.

“Australia is a key market for AirAsia X and the Sydney route has long been a priority due to strong demand from Sydneysiders who have been screaming out for more competition.”

Kuala Lumpur is the major gateway for over 80 international destinations, so the new route means more than just cheap flights to Asia; it will make travelling anywhere is the world more affordable for Aussies.

“Our goal has always been to make international travel affordable for everyone, and now Sydneysiders can access Kuala Lumpur which is the gateway to exotic destinations across our growing network at affordable low fares.”The fares went on sale today and will be available until the 22nd, but hurry to grab a bargain as there is no doubt these seats will sell out

The airline already flies out of other major Australian hubs of Perth, Melbourne and the Gold Coast, however the Sydney route will be the only direct flight they offer to Asia.

No idea what they mean by this. I have used Air Asia a few times from the Gold Coast to KL and it is a direct flight. To be honest it is quite a decent airline.

This is great news!

The only gripe I have with air asia is the hidden taxes and seat charges etc. etc. that they slug you with on top of the originally quoted price. But they always tend to work out cheaper even after adding those on.

That's an excellent deal!

The only gripe I have with air asia is the hidden taxes and seat charges etc. etc. that they slug you with on top of the originally quoted price. But they always tend to work out cheaper even after adding those on.

If you book on-line make sure you know what you are clicking/agreeing on, they do try and automatically add on the preferred seating charge, the luggage charge, the insurance charge, but if you read it carefully and just say no, Air Aisa is the one of the cheapest airlines out there.

Just a heads up - I was trying to book a flight on Air Asia on another route but it seems you are allowed to change dates but lose all you money if you want to cancel. I would want to be very sure about my dates before booking.

[Edit] It was probably for my special rate ticket. Not sure if regular priced tickets are non-refundable.

Edited by tikibar

If you just fly with carry on and dont choose all the options then they are cheap. Just dont like the stop over in KL but if it's cheap enough !

i looked 3 days ago deal starts in april 1st and i cannot see anything in april and may ,i do not think they have offered to many seats at this price.