Support our Sponsors >> Thai Friendly | Pattaya News | Pattaya Unplugged | The Night Wish Group | Thailand 24/7 Forum | TPN Property | La La Land bar | NEW PA website | Subscribe to The Pattaya News | | Pattaya Investigations | ChicaCheck | Buy/Sell Property | Isaan Lawyers | Anglo Siam Legal | Add your Text or Event here

IGNORED

eva air ,inflight meal

stealf1

coming back from patts in DEC,2011.. bkk to lhr ....1 hour after eating in-flight meal,

i suddenly woke up with the worst stabbing pains in my stomach,after two visits to the toilet

i was sitting back in my seat when the top half decided it wanted some action as well..

back to the toilet again were i spent the next 3 hours thinking i was going to die,

ive never been sick on a plane before and have done this flight more than 20 times,

therefore i can only put this down to food poisoning to something they had served me,

because it came on so fast after i had finished eating.....

will i be eating on the next flight "oh yes" because i'm going with THAI not Eva..

would i eat on an Eva flight again...LIKE FUCK..its sandwiches from boots at the airport from now on

if i fly with them again..

would like to no if any "PAs" had experienced similar with Thai or eva

cheers......

nothing to do with the 300000 beers you had and all the dodgy food stalls you where eating at?????

let alone all the body fluid you swap with every bird and her dog while in LOS??????

Were any other passengers affected ??

I read somewhere Thai and Eva use the same company for the meals, flown many times with both , food is very similar , never had a problem myself, but must have been awful for you

If it floats, flies or fucks It's probably cheaper to rent ...

food poisoning take around 24hrs to show signs of illness....

must be something you pick up in pattaya :Drool:

Dayo...

Never had a problem with EVA or any Airline to be honest and yes, Thai do the EVA catering at BKK. You would think others would suffer, but perhaps you've been incredibly unlucky and got that one dodgy meal. You didn't happen to piss off a flight attendant by any chance? There's a few old tricks.

Life isn't about waiting for the storm to pass, it's about learning to dance in the rain.

I would also say that it is more likely to be something (or someone!) that you picked up in Thailand. I have also heard that food poisoning takes a minimum of 12 hours to kick in so would have thought that the inflight meal would be unlikely to be the cause, especially if no-one else was ill.

I have flown with EVA many times and never had a problem. I have had the trots (started beforehand) on the plane before and I know that it is not a pleasant experience.

ทำให้ไม่ชอบสงคราม

Down to Eva VERY unlikely.

Just doing my Fourth Night and in those Four Nights Total is Ten that have your symptoms. None of them have Fliwn and it is known as the Winter Vomiting Bug.

Effects each person different either severe Gut Cramps followe with Shits or Vomiting ora combination of all Three.

It can be carried via Air or surface spread and normally takes 24 to 48 Hrs before symptons show themselves.

It can be caught even as simply as touching a Newspaper or Door Handle.

The virus remains active a little linger than Two Days on surfices and best measues are washing Hands with Soap and Water and using own Towel.

In a Healthy person you should be good to go again with Two Days.

So Eva i am sorry are unlikely to be the csusr.

Sorry you were ill and hope you are better now

I would think most unlikely EVA were at fault.

However as a regular traveller with them I do find their food pretty naff even for airline fare.

The rest of the service fine.

Well, if it's the food, it should impact more then 1 person.

If it's the preparation, it should also impact more then 1 person.

I have flown " Eva Air " once only on this route and they got me from A to B withouth any problems at all.I consider them to be a cheap budget airline ( well not that cheap) The inflight catering was " terrible" and the thing that i was amazed about is that " The Crew on board " couldn't even raise a smile the whole journey! (bloody miserable!)

I am not one to complain about anything but these guys need to " go back to the drawing board" and start again!!!

Mr Sunshine x

i once told Gulf Air that their food was terrible! (exact words " excuse me this food is terrible. Is there something else?)

The stewardesses went into action stole my beer and accused me of being drunk and threatened me with arrest: was my first beer for a few days and I had only only consumed a third of the can lol.

Never used them again and never will

Always remember that when a Thai woman calls you darling she is speaking Thai not English!

nothing to do with the 300000 beers you had and all the dodgy food stalls you where eating at?????

let alone all the body fluid you swap with every bird and her dog while in LOS??????

:LOL2: :LOL2: :LOL2: :LOL2:

f**k it...lets do it!!

coming back from patts in DEC,2011.. bkk to lhr ....1 hour after eating in-flight meal,

i suddenly woke up with the worst stabbing pains in my stomach,after two visits to the toilet

i was sitting back in my seat when the top half decided it wanted some action as well..

back to the toilet again were i spent the next 3 hours thinking i was going to die,

ive never been sick on a plane before and have done this flight more than 20 times,

therefore i can only put this down to food poisoning to something they had served me,

because it came on so fast after i had finished eating.....

will i be eating on the next flight "oh yes" because i'm going with THAI not Eva..

would i eat on an Eva flight again...LIKE FUCK..its sandwiches from boots at the airport from now on

if i fly with them again..

would like to no if any "PAs" had experienced similar with Thai or eva

cheers......

I've never had an issue either. What exactly was the meal that they served you? I usually have a big meal before I step on the plane and then maybe eat some of the food provided depending on how appealing and 'safe' it looks

I would think most unlikely EVA were at fault.

However as a regular traveller with them I do find their food pretty naff even for airline fare.

The rest of the service fine.

Same here....it's 50/50 whether I eat their food as never overly impressed with it but as I depart just after 9pm and wouldn't expect to be eating a couple of hours later when they serve the food it doesn't really bother me. I sometimes bring along a snack just in case it is awful and I am a bit peckish..

I usually just hope the breakfast a couple of hours before landing is edible.

On EVA but off topic as not about food - I always hope that they'll have a copy of the inflight magazine on the website so I can see what films I am going to have the choice of as while most people sleep I have to watch films or play games as struggle to sleep on planes.

I've been flying EVA for over 8 years now minimum of twice round trip between BKK and LAX. Never been sick for their food service. I guess it could happen but it sounds more likely that you got your bug before boarding.

Flown EVA 10 -20 times, never had problems.

I take slight issue with posters who say that food poisoning takes min 12 hours to kick in - I once got severely sick about 2/3 hours after eating chicken in a basket brought by a vendor into a beer bar -pretty much certain that's what caused it although i've never had a problem with street food.

As had been noted earlier, if the problem originated with EVA, others would have been sick on the plane.

• 2 weeks later...

I have flown EVA and Thai lots of times and never any problem with the food. Main reason is I dont eat it. I get something substantial to eat in the airport and knock myself out with sleeping tablets during the flight.

It always works for me!!

Flown EVA 10 -20 times, never had problems.

I take slight issue with posters who say that food poisoning takes min 12 hours to kick in - I once got severely sick about 2/3 hours after eating chicken in a basket brought by a vendor into a beer bar -pretty much certain that's what caused it although i've never had a problem with street food.

Depending of the type of food poisoning, it can already kick in after an hour.