IGNORED

Best Hotel up to 1500 baht a night - Low Season

Muffin

Have stayed at Areca , Billabong and PBR all good - just maybe im missing something.

Am coming back in June and was wanting some reccomendations.

Open to all Areas as get around a bit .

In the same area.

I stayed at LK Metropole on Soi Dianna.

Absolutely excellent and also fantastic, first class buffet.

Also lady friendly, leave ID at reception.

Have stayed at Areca , Billabong and PBR all good - just maybe im missing something.

Am coming back in June and was wanting some reccomendations.

Open to all Areas as get around a bit .

I use to stay at Areca n PBR all the time until I discovered Dancewatchers, I wont go any where else.

amari fits your budget foir low season, though i 100% agree wit proud aussie that condos are far far better value and better craic too.

try dianaoasis, osoleil.com and Dancewatchers.

Try D Apartment (D2, their new wing) on Soi Buakhaow. The passing by songthaews (bahtbusses) driving in each direction, which is remarkable easy to get around in Pattaya. Read this one and this one.

Ad optimum.

Residence garden hotel. Around that sort of money with 2 pools and a restaurant. Great rooms with separate bedroom. Two TV's and a kitchenette. Secure parking and friendly staff. 7/11 and massage parlor across the road. Right on the main Baht bus route, a few minutes from Walking Street.

Great staff and girl friendly..

Enjoy..

• 2 weeks later...

I use to stay at Areca n PBR all the time until I discovered Dancewatchers, I wont go any where else.

i've had a look at Dancewatchers and am seriously thinking of booking through them, are the photo's accurate of the rooms or are the photo's from when first finished and the rooms are more weathered now?

i'd appreciate any feedback as they look good but it's the unknown for me haha and booking from uk with the unknown in thailand has me unsure:)

i've had a look at dancewatchers and am seriously thinking of booking through them, are the photo's accurate of the rooms or are the photo's from when first finished and the rooms are more weathered now?

i'd appreciate any feedback as they look good but it's the unknown for me haha and booking from uk with the unknown in thailand has me unsure:)

Do the way it has to be done in Thailand for anything : book for a short period (2 / 3 days, don't pay 2 weeks upfront) and renew if it suits you or just go somewhere else. Thousands of rooms available everywhere in Pattaya.

i've had a look at dancewatchers and am seriously thinking of booking through them, are the photo's accurate of the rooms or are the photo's from when first finished and the rooms are more weathered now?

I think you can find some really nice condos for your price range; since I tried a condo several years ago I've never used hotels (except as occasional, strategic ST rooms around town).

You're smart to be cautious, as there have been threads on other boards of scams like people renting over eBay, only to show up and not have room. Or ripoffs with your deposit, etc.

Main tip is to search the board and generally only rent from sources that other BMs have posted good reviews.

That's how I found & selected Dancewatchers several years ago, and the fact that I've voted with my money by renting from them for every trip since then tells you that I've been happy with both the quality of their rooms and service. Just search Dancewatchers and you'll see reviews from myself and a good variety of other BMs.

All the Dancwatchers condos I've used have been in excellent condition - including good quality bedding, towels, kitchen appliances, TV/stereo/DVD equipment/etc.

Other tip is that View Talay 6 is my favorite building for its central location (next to Central Festival mall).

Perfecting my ability to "let that which does not matter truly slide"

Do the way it has to be done in Thailand for anything : book for a short period (2 / 3 days, don't pay 2 weeks upfront) and renew if it suits you or just go somewhere else. Thousands of rooms available everywhere in Pattaya.

hi m8 thanks for the suggestion, i was thinking of doing that but the rooms seem to book up and i 'm concerned if i only booked for a couple of days i could have the room booked around me, i.e when i've finished my stay for a few days i need to move out hahaha, it's always the best approach though, the same principle applies to the Gyms and muay, best paying a little up front, with muay, if you pay a large load up front they will batter you for a few sessions, trying to get you to quit haha then keep your money

I think you can find some really nice condos for your price range; since I tried a condo several years ago I've never used hotels (except as occasional, strategic ST rooms around town).

You're smart to be cautious, as there have been threads on other boards of scams like people renting over eBay, only to show up and not have room. Or ripoffs with your deposit, etc.

Main tip is to search the board and generally only rent from sources that other BMs have posted good reviews.

That's how I found & selected Dancewatchers several years ago, and the fact that I've voted with my money by renting from them for every trip since then tells you that I've been happy with both the quality of their rooms and service. Just search Dancewatchers and you'll see reviews from myself and a good variety of other BMs.

All the Dancwatchers condos I've used have been in excellent condition - including good quality bedding, towels, kitchen appliances, TV/stereo/DVD equipment/etc.

Other tip is that View Talay 6 is my favorite building for its central location (next to Central Festival mall).

hi sf, thanks for your reply m8, the site looks very tempting and i like the idea that the condo's are ok with short term rentals, you run the gaunlet renting off of some farang, they will try it on when it comes to returning deposit etc, with these guys i'd hope that wouldn't be the case, they come across as genuine haha but you've gotta ask as a lot of scams do seem genuine haha i'm glad these are legit, i looked at #6 that was being finished last time i was there, i've stayed at #2 before though and enjoy it for the peace from the main strip and it's easy to get about, right next to theprasit for sukhumvit and on the baht bus route, #6 does look lovely though, thanks again for your feedback and if anyone else can offer some it will be appreciated :)

Hello 420, There is a reason Dancewatchers is almost always booked way ahead of time, well many reasons. Like the quality of the condos, their excellent service to their customers, the rooms are far larger than a hotel of the same price, ocean views, location VT6 is the best in my opinion. Check out all their rooms but if you are looking for a seaview checkout page 2, condos 26/1004 and 26/1006. Beachroadlover

• 3 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

This place looks pretty good for the $$ might try a night on next trip see what it's like. Pool looks pretty inviting ;-)

Spend Every Baht Return With Nothing