Support our Sponsors >> Thai Friendly | Pattaya News | Pattaya Unplugged | Buy a drink for Soi 6 Girls | Thailand 24/7 Forum | TPN Property | La La Land bar | NEW PA website | Subscribe to The Pattaya News |Pattaya Investigations | Rage Fight Academy | Buy/Sell Businesses | Isaan Lawyers | Siam Business Brokers | Belts Of Mongering - Mongering Authority | Add your Text or Event here

IGNORED

Don't watch this if you are scared of flying

7-Eleven

Will be checking the cross wind speed next time I fly. :o

Elephants are really, really big compared to televisions....yet I saw a whole herd of 'em on my TV only yesterday..Go figure?
Oh..I nearly forgot..Ehhhh?

ALLEY

Bloody hell - i think i can safetly say - a change of clothing would be required for most of those landings

More reassuring than scary. It looks like those pilots can feel the whole plane through their fingers. Even in the windy conditions they touch down exactly where they are soposed to

I wonder if the pilots pants were full, mine would of been :OMFG:

What a start to trip that would be

softlad

landed in frankfurt last week...

it was just like this...

very bouncy :22600584-Th:

I have a Problem..... I just can't decide if its a good problem or a bad problem...

Standard crabbing procedure for a strong crosswind landing,all pilots will have

practiced this many times on the flight simulator

• 2 months later...

More reassuring than scary. It looks like those pilots can feel the whole plane through their fingers. Even in the windy conditions they touch down exactly where they are soposed to

Exactly how I feel. More reassuring than scary really. This pilot really is embodied with his vehicle. I want what he is having. This guy can fly. I mean that was beutiful. That landing, despite of the wind looked gracious and relaxed. As if it wasent a plane. As if it was a helicopter landing. Amazing.

But you must remember the bigger the plane, the safer it is. The bigger the plane, the bigger the wings. Its all about the wings.

In the US, there is a reality TV show about a company in Alaska that does transportation and cargo.

They fly as long as the winds are under 45mph. That seems ridiculous, but they said it's pretty standard.

And if their little plane pilots do not find this to be a problem, I'm sure that neither will the big airplane pilots. Amazing to watch, though.

landed in frankfurt last week...

it was just like this...

very bouncy :22600584-Th:

But not as Bouncy as these Puppy's :GoldenSmile1:

gif 4.gif

In the US, there is a reality TV show about a company in Alaska that does transportation and cargo.

They fly as long as the winds are under 45mph. That seems ridiculous, but they said it's pretty standard.

And if their little plane pilots do not find this to be a problem, I'm sure that neither will the big airplane pilots. Amazing to watch, though.

Every airplane from a Cessna 172 to a Boeing 777 has a "maximum demonstrated crosswind component", which basically is the maximum crosswind that the aircraft has been landed in. Exceed that number and you are in test pilot territory. Interesting to watch some of the landings as a few planes actually touch down in a crab, which you are not suppose to do, because it is hard on the landing gear.

All pilots train on this type of technique and really good flight instructors will make their students go flying with them on days when the wind is howling. I know that mine did!

i use this airport frequently mostly with Air Berlin. never had a crosswind so far. let's hope it stays that way!

A good girl gives you happiness and a bad girl gives you experience both are essential in life so enjoy every girlfriend!

• 3 weeks later...

Agreed....its reassuring to see the skill of the pilots, I think missing the first approach might have had me sweating a bit though, I always get sweaty plams on landing anyway.

• 3 weeks later...