IGNORED

Magic Jack

Fordtech

Looks like Magic Jack price will rise January 20, 2012 to $29.95 a year, up 10 bucks. Any existing customers can pay the old fee till then.

Moderator on PiAtNight and Living the Dream in Angeles City, Philippines :)

WTF is Magic Jack?

It's a VOIP phone system (Voice Over Internet Protocol). Pay flat fee of $30 a year, plug the hardware into a ethernet jack with internet access,

adn then plug a normal phone into the Magic Jack, and yer up and running.

It's a VOIP phone system (Voice Over Internet Protocol). Pay flat fee of $30 a year, plug the hardware into a ethernet jack with internet access,

adn then plug a normal phone into the Magic Jack, and yer up and running.

Ah, sounds good thanks DM, I'll check it out.

It's funny, because I was going to ask about Magic Jack today (got some email solicitation about it)

Does anyone have experience trying to use it in Thailand?

The website seemed to say "free calls in the U.S. and Canada", so I didn't know if it worked abroad.

I used my Thai cell phone to call home last trip, and it was pretty cheap, so I was planning to continue to use use that route from now on.

I just got one. Can barley hear on it . I contacted customer service, they want $38 if they can answer my question. I'm sending it back tomorrow.