Support our Sponsors >> Thai Friendly | Pattaya News | Pattaya Unplugged | The Night Wish Group | Thailand 24/7 Forum | TPN Property | La La Land bar | NEW PA website | Subscribe to The Pattaya News | | Pattaya Investigations | ChicaCheck | Buy/Sell Property | Isaan Lawyers | Anglo Siam Legal | Add your Text or Event here

IGNORED

Room at Areca Lodge or Room at tfhe Evergreen

bongoz

How much better are the rooms at the Evergreen Tower that the pool view rooms at the Areca Main Bldg. and do you have to go thru the Areca to get to the evergreen tower

I think rooms are quite similar now as original Areca hotel was extensively refurbished last year to. Come in line with the Evergreen spec.

You don't need to use main Areca entrance as the evergreen has its own. A quality venue whichever block you stay in.

Photos in Areca Evergreen (Dec 2011)....sixth floor (Superior Deluxe?). Forgot to take the bathroom shots too, but it was more than clean and functional enough.

I enjoyed my stay

DSCF8045.JPG

DSCF8046.JPG

DSCF8047.JPG

DSCF8048.JPG

DSCF8058.JPG

Sorry havent stayed in the Areca/Corona buidling to compare though.

Jan 2011, I was fresh meat for the grinder...no longer the fresh meat....but I love the grinder

"Anyway, up to me, yes?" - Photog88 - Nov 2010

"If Im going to Disneyland ......................... I want to go on all the rides" - The_Gun Nov 2011

"Up to you.....your money" Thai gogo girl whispering in my ear encouraging me to choose her over her "sister"...... October 2011

Ash

How can you know which one you've booked using Agoda?

I booked a couple of days there last November and wound up in the Corona wing, which was fine, but I wouldn't mind been given the option when booking through Agoda or is the Evergreen totally seperate?

Irish by Birth; Munster by Grace of God.

To the Brave and the Faithful, Nothing is Impossible.

CountdownClockCodes.com

I stayed in a super deluxe room in Evergreen in Nov and it was fine. The s/d rooms are , I believe, only in the Evergreen wing.

The seperate entrance is handy as it means you can easily access 2nd road by walking through The Avenue mall (girls in heels hate long walks!) or you can get to Soi Diana, LK Metro and Soi Buakhow from the main block front entrance .

I have stayed in both the "old block" and Evergreen wing.

Old block a lot cheaper and probably better value imo. The rooms are not that bad tbh. Saying that if you have the money, I would stay at the Evergreen wing.

I only book direct with hotels, where possible...as you can with Areca, so you can select which room standard you want to book. But they do ask for a scan of your credit card to be faxed/emailed to authorise the deposit.

Jan 2011, I was fresh meat for the grinder...no longer the fresh meat....but I love the grinder

"Anyway, up to me, yes?" - Photog88 - Nov 2010

"If Im going to Disneyland ......................... I want to go on all the rides" - The_Gun Nov 2011

"Up to you.....your money" Thai gogo girl whispering in my ear encouraging me to choose her over her "sister"...... October 2011

Ash

Evergreen a bit nicer - bigger better fitting etc . Has more private entrance if you want it .

Only problem in Areca I have found is that while most of their desk staff are great a couple are not . Had this smart ass ladyboy working their give my BF shit about her age ( she was 35 - and looked good ) and then the next night told the latest conquest that I have many girl since I have stayed their - havent been back - which is a shame cause I liked the location and the hotel

Evergreen a bit nicer - bigger better fitting etc . Has more private entrance if you want it .

Only problem in Areca I have found is that while most of their desk staff are great a couple are not . Had this smart ass ladyboy working their give my BF shit about her age ( she was 35 - and looked good ) and then the next night told the latest conquest that I have many girl since I have stayed their - havent been back - which is a shame cause I liked the location and the hotel

There have been numerous similar complaints about the attitude of the receptionists here. Combined with the under 20 rule and a joiner fee for a 2nd guest, I can't see why it's so popular.

I have stayed in the superior deluxe room @ Evergreen a few times already. Most of the staff is excellant as are the rooms. I did once have issues with one ladyboy clerk who was nasty. I have decided to try LK Ren in April for a little change. I hope I won't be disappointed.

• 3 months later...

the best hotel i have stopped in for the cash, last month after a week in the marriott i stopped here for a week for 1800 baht a night,real nice place will stop there again hopefully this year if work goes ok

I stayed in a Deluxe at Areca last month and it wasn't as nice looking as the photos above. That little couch is nice and would be great for extracurricular activities...I wish my room had one of those. Regardless, it was still a nice spacious room although the bathroom wasn't as updated as the rest of the room.

I like staying here but I think it's lost some of its value. Similar properties can be had for $15-$30 less per night without sacrificing too much on location.

Edited by allwet

I'm staying at the corona wing now. Great rooms with pool view. No problems here. I don't even get to my room until 6am after partying all night. They have no problem cleaning my room at 12 pm after I wake up. No problems bringing ladies back. I have pics but can't upload right now. My only dislike about all hotels in Thailand is that the beds are so hard.

stayed there in feb. great place. no problem. low season with ace club membership and booked thru agoda= 1200 baht a night- fantastic value.