IGNORED

Kombat group training camp Pattaya

kikielee

Im seriously thinking of doing a month here. Anyone stayed or trained there? Or know someone who has? what did you or they think of it? ..thanks...

cheaper to source your own accommodation than staying in house.

are you planning on just thai boxing or grappling and wrestling training too?

when i move out i will be finding a good thai gym that i enjoy training at rather than go to one of the very high priced western orientated Gyms. as training will be just as good and probably more intensive(rather than being "up to you" what and how you train). just personal thoughts but there is little substitute for drilling techniques 1000times and good cardio.

"There's plenty more prostitutes in Pattaya" ©2012™

"Only Newbies go home when planned" ©2012

"I don't run a gogo, i run a dance academy" Â©2014

"Sauna and milkshakes a winning combination" Â©2015

Facebook Group ::: Pattaya Bar Crawls and Parties

I train there, Highly recommended the owner is a top guy and very helpful and understanding no matter what your training requirements are.

JDM

if you are Looking to rent an apartment in a condo take a look at my website.

http://www.condopattaya-rent.com

• 2 weeks later...

cheaper to source your own accommodation than staying in house.

are you planning on just thai boxing or grappling and wrestling training too?

when i move out i will be finding a good thai gym that i enjoy training at rather than go to one of the very high priced western orientated gyms. as training will be just as good and probably more intensive(rather than being "up to you" what and how you train). just personal thoughts but there is little substitute for drilling techniques 1000times and good cardio.

Yea I guessed it would be cheaper to do it separately . But the cost of an aircon room, 3 meals a day, and a full training schedule(available 24hrs) seemed really good value, at about 40,000bht per month approx. And the accommodation,eating and sleeping on site makes sense to me. You've also got many experts in different martial arts on hand. ....And yes I know all about training , played rugby for 30years !! Just wanted to try something totally different, so has anyone been there?

K,

You will not get a great response on this board very few members will know of this place let alone train there if you PM me your e-mail address I can ask whoever is currently staying there to e- mail you.

For the record, I have no connection with this place or the owner.

if you are Looking to rent an apartment in a condo take a look at my website.

http://www.condopattaya-rent.com

K,

You will not get a great response on this board very few members will know of this place let alone train there if you PM me your e-mail address I can ask whoever is currently staying there to e- mail you.

For the record, I have no connection with this place or the owner.

maybe you should answer these questions publicly so all board-members benefit from them rather than just the member in a PM.

i am always interesting to hear full reports on places and would like to hear your thoughts as you sound like you have trained at this gym yourself?

"There's plenty more prostitutes in Pattaya" ©2012™

"Only Newbies go home when planned" ©2012

"I don't run a gogo, i run a dance academy" Â©2014

"Sauna and milkshakes a winning combination" Â©2015

Facebook Group ::: Pattaya Bar Crawls and Parties

I trained there, its a good place you get good pad work, I loved the BJJ trainer cool guy very intelligent and knows his shit. Managers and owner are really friendly and helpful.

Like someone else said definitely source your own accommodation. Not to sure how what the cost of training is only (prices on web site include food and accommodation) but it would be worth finding out because now I realise I could of got a luxury condo for the money I paid for shitty accommodation there. Need to know anything else just ask..

christian is the original founder of kombat and i think the gym's evolved over the years, its at the end of a small soi off of kao talo ( i always get the rds in that area mixed up haha, runs down from sukhumvit nr tesco lotus/outlet mall)

chritsian has been the local champ a few years off and on, i think he was the first italian to fight in the main stadiums, he's a lovely fella and speaks fluent english, the classes aren't the cheapest but i think as it's a smaller gym the staff will be attentive, the gym's been going a good few years

r.e accomodation costs, you will possibly save a few baht staying elsewhere but you then have the expense of travelling costs 2-4 times a day to the gym and in a town like pattaya it's easy to get distracted and not train to full potential, in general the trainers will also bond with you more and this can help with training more, could be learning technique at 10 at night as you're on site rather than tucked up in a condo or hotel room haha or out in Walking Street :)

Edited by 420

seemed really good value, at about 40,000bht per month approx.

40K a month, for Muay Thai training.. IN Thailand, is not cheap.

I don't understand people who come to Thailand, to train in a gym that is run by foreigners/westerners... With western prices..

Pattaya is not the best place for training.

13 Coins in Bangkok is a great gym, Saenchai is training there right now. John Wayne Parr also trains here.

http://www.13coinsgym.com

ipUTkd7VLymwJ.gif

saenchai left 13 coins and went to sinbi, not sure if he's still at sinbi's now, sityodtong is in pattaya and is one of the most famous Gyms in thailand's history with plenty of superstars and legends

sitpohlek is farang owned and has produced some good fighters, frank's cool, i'm not sure if he's still there but changpuek kiatsongrit used to teach at sitpohlek, he's another famous fighter and was the bukaow of his day

there's some quality training in pattaya, it's the nightlife that's distracting :)

Edited by 420

I wanted to go here for their weight loss camp (they won't let you stay off-site if you want to do that particular camp)

I think its too pricey

just to put it in perspective - near Phuket, the training camps are just 10,000THB / month + 10,000 THB/month for food + 10,000 for accomm

I really wish there was something like this at this price in Pattaya :-(

• 3 weeks later...

I wanted to go here for their weight loss camp (they won't let you stay off-site if you want to do that particular camp)

I think its too pricey

just to put it in perspective - near phuket, the training camps are just 10,000THB / month + 10,000 THB/month for food + 10,000 for accomm

I really wish there was something like this at this price in Pattaya :-(

So is that 30k in total ?? The 40k I was quoted includes a private air con room...