IGNORED

Thai friends

THAJEC

After my several trips to Thailand I made some real thai friends. They are normal common people with their worries and pleasures in life. They live in Patts and some of them Koh Larn Island too. I am very glad when I can meet these people every time when I come back to Thailand.

Do you have also some real thai friends? I do not think TGs from bar and FL :rolleyes:

Edited by THAJEC

THAJEC Thajský muž TRIP 37 - 30.November 2018 - 28.1.2019

Nope, really gonna be making an effort to make some though this next trip

I MISS INCUBUS

Yes, I have friendships going back more than two decades, who I still keep in touch with, including a couple from Bangkok, but I didn't meet them there. Up country in Thailand, much the same as up country anywhere, it is easier to strike up real friendships than in big cities or tourist destinations.

I have few thai male Friends, We all travel together to Pool Competitions in Bkk ,Chang Mai and Pattaya... We all eat and party together.... Nice to have Thai friends while in thailand so that you wont be left out...

I made some good friends with the Thai musicians, I find them to be the nicest Thai guys I've encountered in my many years in the LOS.

However, in general I'm wary of the Thai males I encounter around tourist hubs like Pattaya, Samui, Phuket, BKK and give them a wide berth.

Years ago I made an effort to socialize with Thai men but it always seemed to turn into them spounging off me and taking the piss, making jokes at my expense and all laughing their asses off. Of course if I joined in and made jokes at their expense they'd get pissed off as the foreigner must be respectful and polite. So fuck em. I mix with the gals and steer clear of the men - unless they good guitar players.

I made some good friends with the Thai musicians, I find them to be the nicest Thai guys I've encountered in my many years in the LOS.

However, in general I'm wary of the Thai males I encounter around tourist hubs like Pattaya, Samui, Phuket, BKK and give them a wide berth.

Years ago I made an effort to socialize with Thai men but it always seemed to turn into them spounging off me and taking the piss, making jokes at my expense and all laughing their asses off. Of course if I joined in and made jokes at their expense they'd get pissed off as the foreigner must be respectful and polite. So fuck em. I mix with the gals and steer clear of the men - unless they good guitar players.

Many people (expats) speak never drink together with thai mans on some peripheral parts of Patts or some willage. When They start drunk,it can be very danger. Same info I got from my thai girl friends.

Edited by THAJEC

I have several very good Thai freinds. Some I knew when they were in school in the US and then they went back to the Land before I ever went. But as the years go by I find it harder and harder to spend time with them when im in Country. My mongering has absorbed all of my time. I often appologize to them for this and they just laugh and say its cool, we know you crazy...

I have several very good Thai freinds. Some I knew when they were in school in the US and then they went back to the Land before I ever went. But as the years go by I find it harder and harder to spend time with them when im in Country. My mongering has absorbed all of my time. I often appologize to them for this and they just laugh and say its cool, we know you crazy...

Yes I think it is hard grasp for thai people somebody come to Patts on same place many times. :P.I asked myself why I am crazy and at this time I am waiting for my seventeenth trip as child.

I have only a few Thais that I can truly call friends.

Two of them are officers in the Border Patrol Police in Mae Sai.

Last year they took me on a full day patrol through the Jungle along the Burmese border, searching for drug and weapon smugglers. This was a bit scary experience, the whole day on high alert and weapons on the ready.

BEER: HELPING UGLY PEOPLE HAVE SEX SINCE 3000 B.C.

Many people (expats) speak never drink together with thai mans on some peripheral parts of Patts or some willage. When They start drunk,it can be very danger. Same info I got from my thai girl friends.

So true mate. In general I've found Thai men very risky to associate with and drink with, so many seem to have mean streaks just below the surface, I've found you have to handle them with kid gloves and be ever so wary about touching their fragile egos. And they get violent at anytime without warning. These comment are of course generalisations and apply mainly to the "lower-class" uneducated types of Thai male, a well educated and cultured Thai male is highly unlikely to get pissed in a bar and want to assult you. But in general I keep away from Thai men as much as possible. Sad, I know, but I've lived in Thailand a very long time and learned all this from experience. I won't drink in bars that have Thai guys drinking in them, I won't even drink in bars that have Thai guys working behind the bar. There are plenty of bars staffed entirely by Thai women and they are the bars I feel happiest and safest to be in.

I have to agree about not befriending thai men while in Thailand. I have been to Thailand many times with friends who have been there for over a decade. You are just asking for serious trouble if you drink with a thai guy if you didnt know them before coming to thailand. would you be happy if people came to your country and threw tons of money around and banged all your girls. It is always a thai's word over yours. Most thais think of farangs as ATMs.

it's more or less easy to befriend a Thai girl (non-working, I mean), but I've no idea how to approach a guy. So, stick with girls=)

Thai men are a pain in the ass to deal with as they are a service person to me, they do a job and fine. Only true friends to hang out with is the artist, tatto people, but then we need more variety of friends.

Edited by xymmot

cheers, Tommy of Richmond

why sleep if you are going to get up anyway?

I have only a few Thais that I can truly call friends.

Two of them are officers in the Border Patrol Police in Mae Sai.

Last year they took me on a full day patrol through the jungle along the Burmese border, searching for drug and weapon smugglers. This was a bit scary experience, the whole day on high alert and weapons on the ready.

It can be very interesting experience.Danger mission.

So true mate. In general I've found Thai men very risky to associate with and drink with, so many seem to have mean streaks just below the surface, I've found you have to handle them with kid gloves and be ever so wary about touching their fragile egos. And they get violent at anytime without warning. These comment are of course generalisations and apply mainly to the "lower-class" uneducated types of Thai male, a well educated and cultured Thai male is highly unlikely to get pissed in a bar and want to assult you. But in general I keep away from Thai men as much as possible. Sad, I know, but I've lived in Thailand a very long time and learned all this from experience. I won't drink in bars that have Thai guys drinking in them, I won't even drink in bars that have Thai guys working behind the bar. There are plenty of bars staffed entirely by Thai women and they are the bars I feel happiest and safest to be in.

Yes. I think so. Thai mans have uncanny character. They can be very friendly and can change their behaviuor very quickly. This behaviour make this people do not pleasant partner for drinking together.Everybody have to be alert all time.

I have found that any thai who wants to be my friend just wants my money. So no different from bar girls then. Beware of over friendly people.

whilst i wouldnt go as far as saying friends but my taxi driver i had in chiang mai was a good laugh, but whilst i was making some remarks about my other half taking too long to get ready he quickly dobbed me in it as soon as she showed up...

i was paying for his service he was a good laugh and could take a joke and did invite us round for food. but then chiang mai seems a million miles away from the average thai guy i came across in patts.

The only Thai Male friends I have are as a direct result of doing business, ie. paying for a pre-negotiated service, be it legal, construction etc. Most times these Lads already have a steady GF or Wife.

The sad fact is, IMHO, that Thai Lads associated with the Bar industry are not to be trusted, as more often than not, they are hooked into the girls we are shagging, and taking their turn, where they can. There is definitely a resentment there so be careful when being a Newbie, trying to be everyone's Mate. The type of guys that wind up in Pattaya are not the cream of their village.

You may get sucked in, used up, and spat out.

When you think about it, same rules apply, if your trying to get in the pants of a Table Dancing Girl, or a Hooker in the West, who has a co-dependent relationship with some grub already. Girls of that ilk attract certain Males and feel they are only good enough for that type of guy.