IGNORED

Its the hardest decision I had..

jimaz

Ill soon stay 4 days in Pattaya...looong time for me :)

I have an hard time to choose hotel, please help me guys..

I think its between these :

1. Holiday Inn : Nice hotel, good reviews but so far away from action?

2. Marriott : Very good and close to action, but the suites are expensive there...

3. Hilton : Joiners fee? but overall very nice.

4. Siam Bayview, close to Mikes Shopping. I like this area, but it is nice enough.

5. Pattaya Discovery Beach hotel : Close to Soi 6, good location, but this time want to take some Gogo girls so for that its a bit far. For Soi 6 girls its good, maybe to close?

6. LK Empress : In the middle of nothing? or not to Classy? Closest to WS...buuut.

Classy is my thing, but other stuff is more important.

I would like close to WS this time.

Money is really not an issue in this matter.

Please help me, its like walking around a videostore..I can't decide :)

- Live for the right things -

Well - I would certainly skip the first three straight off. Depends what you require but I have found seamesprings 1 on soi 10 to be great. Take the seaview deluxe (photos in my current TR) or even the suite. The rooftop pool is great - you are in the middle of either way you need to go I find it to be a very classy establishment in a non international hotel chain style.

If money isn't an issue, why care about joyner fees?

Holiday Inn has great rooms with fantastic views, great pool, plus very nice gym. No problem getting to and from by baht bus. Stayed here for over a month on huge upgraded rooms. Probably the best money for your buck, right next to gullivers, walkable to Big C, and also soy 6.

Hilton has great smallish rooms, excellent lounge with free snacks and all you can drink alcoholic beverages, plus you are on top of a huge mall with lots of indoor restaurants plus movies, also easily reached by baht buses. Also has its own in and outdoor restaurant, which the buffet is highly recommended. If you don't mind smallish rooms, then this is where my money would be.

Never stayed at the marriott, which probably has the best rooms of them all. Excellent pool plus nice gym, attached to a smaller mall, and more centrally located. Still need baht buses to get to and from Walking Street.

By the way, I never had to pay joiner fee at the holiday inn, and there is a way around that with the Hilton. I even sneaked 2 inside my Hilton room LOL.

Tough choice ...

Aus Spass wurde Ernst, und Ernst ist jetzt 5 Jahre alt.

Fuckin in Austria -......- Vagina in Russia -......-Pattaya Sun

post-17124-0-26440700-1328946704.gif

Still only 10 minutes to walking st from the Holiday Inn on the way to Walking St but on the way home with your girl it seems longer I would pass on that....SeaMe Spring does cover all the bases as mentioned elsewhere check Trip Adviser for reviews to back it up ....or maybe book a couple of nights at Holiday Inn and have a look around for yourself maybe see how everything else measures up

Thanks guys for the reports, great!

I would choose either LK Empress or Siam Bayview in this case.

Along beach road, and near to Central Festival + Baht buses everywhere.

Ill soon stay 4 days in Pattaya...looong time for me :)

I have an hard time to choose hotel, please help me guys..

I think its between these :

1. Holiday Inn : Nice hotel, good reviews but so far away from action?

2. Marriott : Very good and close to action, but the suites are expensive there...

3. Hilton : Joiners fee? but overall very nice.

4. Siam Bayview, close to Mikes Shopping. I like this area, but it is nice enough.

5. Pattaya Discovery Beach Hotel : Close to soi 6, good location, but this time want to take some Gogo girls so for that its a bit far. For Soi 6 girls its good, maybe to close?

6. LK Empress : In the middle of nothing? or not to Classy? Closest to WS...buuut.

Classy is my thing, but other stuff is more important.

I would like close to WS this time.

Money is really not an issue in this matter.

I maybe split it up...some days at one hotel and some at another...I wanna try Hilton suite...looks nice :)

I would choose either LK Empress or Siam Bayview in this case.

Along beach road, and near to Central Festival + Baht buses everywhere.

I am also looking for a room to stay with similar needs. I found a horrible review of LK Empress in Trip Advisor where someone commented that there was some construction within the hotel that starts 7 am and finishes very late at night.

Any info if that construction is still going on?

If CLOSE to WS is your thing, Baywalk or Grand. Grand is not close, its ON ws and Baywalk is stone throw away.

I am also looking for a room to stay with similar needs. I found a horrible review of LK Empress in Trip Advisor where someone commented that there was some construction within the hotel that starts 7 am and finishes very late at night.

Any info if that construction is still going on?

I decided to stay at Pattaya Discovery Beach for 2 nights and then Hilton Suite for 2 nights..

Discovery is almost to close to Soi 6, but then I can have some fun daytime and evening when I come there..

Edited by jimaz

Congrats on deciding.

Every trip I am faced with the same dilema as you.

I think I/we are putting too much pressure on the decision. In the end I think we can have a great time wherever we choose.

I think there is only one decision that is harder in Pattaya. That is who to pick for the last f@*k of the trip!

My Youtube Channel about everything Thailand - TravInThailand

Hehe, you are so right 999baht!

Seems moot now, but, as I posted in another thread, I am a HUGE fan of the Marriott and Holiday Inn. Love the staff at both; no joinder fees; never felt uncomfortable bringing my "friends" back.

The kicker for me is my membership in reward programs at both hotels, so I got rooms at both on points on my last trip (and will do so on my next trip). I have enough Hiltion points for a couple of free nights there (and can always transfer more points into that account), but the 1000 baht joinder fee bugs me. Still, I may check it out on my next trip.

I dropped the ball and did not take photos of my room at the Marriott, but here are some shots of my room at Holiday Inn, the view from my balcony and their infinity pool.

Day view.jpgHI pool.jpgHI room bed.jpgHI room bath.jpg

Edited by footypjman

footypjman - Check out my pics on the review of the Holiday Inn, you will like the photos. I have stayed at your type of the room, which is the smalles one they have. This is also an excellent room with a well placed shower in the middle of the bedroom with see through glass LOL. Means that the shy bargirl is unable to hide from you. Also good for safety, even though Hilton and Holiday Inn have excellent safes.

http://www.pattaya-a...__fromsearch__1

You don't have to pay joyner fees at the Hilton IF

- you get in through the door in the mall and use the 2nd sets of elevators AWAY from check in lobby

OR

- after the mall closes, just walk in downstairs on groundlevel and just say hello to the staff. They never stopped me when I had a girl or two in tow with me. Take the elevator up to Hilton Restaurant level, which is not the same as the regular check in guest, then walk over to the 2nd set of elevators that you need to use anyways to reach your room. Sounds a bit strange, but there are 2 different elevators that you HAVE to take to reach any room. IF the main lobby sees you with a girl, they might ask you to register her, hence add 1000 baht to your bill. As long as they don't see who you re bringing, no fee.

The Holiday Inn used to charge a joiner fee, but last 2 times I stayed there, they just simply stopped you while entering the lobby and made you sign a hotel waiver for room damages caused by your guest. Perhaps they reinstated joiner fees for the Peak Season?

IF you always bring the same girl, then just register her at the Hilton. She then can join you free of charge for the breakfast and evening snacks-and-drinks at the Executive Level (if you happen to be a Diamond member).

Since both places are mainly Business/Family-Type hotels, its best to dress and behave accordingly with your barfine.

Edited by macumba

Aus Spass wurde Ernst, und Ernst ist jetzt 5 Jahre alt.

Fuckin in Austria -......- Vagina in Russia -......-Pattaya Sun

post-17124-0-26440700-1328946704.gif

thanks again for incredible good info!

Seems moot now, but, as I posted in another thread, I am a HUGE fan of the Marriott and Holiday Inn. Love the staff at both; no joinder fees; never felt uncomfortable bringing my "friends" back.

The kicker for me is my membership in reward programs at both hotels, so I got rooms at both on points on my last trip (and will do so on my next trip). I have enough Hiltion points for a couple of free nights there (and can always transfer more points into that account), but the 1000 baht joinder fee bugs me. Still, I may check it out on my next trip.

I dropped the ball and did not take photos of my room at the Marriott, but here are some shots of my room at Holiday Inn, the view from my balcony and their infinity pool.

post-32621-0-64423700-1325814498.jpgpost-32621-0-73216300-1325814511.jpgpost-32621-0-29711500-1325814522.jpgpost-32621-0-83416700-1325814531.jpg

Looks great & very nice.

:Wassup1: