IGNORED

Hotel with a good wifi connection

Achaacha

Hi!

I was hoping some of you gents could provide me with some suggestions to some hotels, my most important requirements:

- Wi-Fi connection has to be good in the room, not just in the lobby or else where

- Within walking distance to Walking Street and/ or baht bus close by

- Price range 2000 baht a night and lower

- Girl friendly

- Friendly staff and safe deposit

- Gym

Less important, but would be nice:

- Outdoors swimming pool

- Cable TV

- Balcony

First I was looking at August Suites, but location wise it seemed too far away from what I was looking for. Then I was about to book at Pattaya Bay Resort, but reading a thread today about the Wi-Fi connection, I got the impression that the signal/speed is poor in the rooms so in hesitation I made this thread!

Thanks.

Edited by Achaacha

Hi!

I was hoping some of you gents could provide me with some suggestions to some hotels, my most important requirements:

Secrets could be a good option for you.

- Wi-Fi connection has to be good in the room, not just in the lobby or else where

YES

YES just off WS

YES, B800-B1000

- Girl friendly

Most definately

YES and in room safe

- Outdoors swimming pool

NO

- Cable TV

YES

- Balcony

NO

Hi!

SECRETS could be a good option for you.

YES

YES just off WS

YES, B800-B1000

- Girl friendly

Most definately

YES and in room safe

- Outdoors swimming pool

NO

- Cable TV

YES

- Balcony

NO

my room in Secrets had a balcony, albeit it was about big enough for one person standing!

LK Rennaissance met all the criteria, including the nice to haves. Price depends on dates.

Thanks for the reply thus far! I forgot to mention that the hotel needs to have a gym or just some simple equipment.

Don't waste your time with Secrets

Steep stairs

Noise from the bar

Noise from the street

Asked for things to be fixed in the room and nothing was done.

Someone tried to break into my room one night (they didn't get in as I put in the inside lock on) when I mentioned this no one gave a shit about it.

www.lcfc.com

www.leicestertigers.com

Posted Image

CountdownClockCodes.com

LK Rennaissance met all the criteria, including the nice to haves. Price depends on dates.

LK Rennaissance has crap WiFi in some rooms. Ask me how I know.....

Hmm maybe book like 5 days at Secrets and see how it goes. The thing is that I'm staying the next 5-6 months so I'm in no rush, just figured I'd stay a few weeks close to the action let the tourist mentality wear off and then start looking for a condo in Jomtien.

Reading around a bit seems like Secret has great WiFi, but is also a bar, do you have to go through the bar when you want to go to your room?

Also appreciate if someone could give me directions to a nearby gym? Cheers!

Hmm maybe book like 5 days at Secrets and see how it goes. The thing is that I'm staying the next 5-6 months so I'm in no rush, just figured I'd stay a few weeks close to the action let the tourist mentality wear off and then start looking for a condo in Jomtien.

Reading around a bit seems like Secret has great WiFi, but is also a bar, do you have to go through the bar when you want to go to your room?

no has a separate reception

If you are staying that length of time you may be better off with a condo/apartment. google Dancewatchers they have a good selection of places.

www.lcfc.com

www.leicestertigers.com

Posted Image

CountdownClockCodes.com

Thanks for the suggestions guys, I've mailed Secrets and I've gotten an answer back that they are fully booked but that there was a room available from the 24th to 28th, which I've accepted, so now just waiting on payment information.

As soon as it is confirmed I'm going to try to book at Areca Lodge, there is very few rooms available from the 28th, so hopefully get this sorted out quickly.

Not sure if I remember where I read this, probably on a different forum, but I remember reading that Areca only allows 20+ year old girls?

@thailearner

That is the plan after I've spend a few weeks partying in Pattaya.

• 2 months later...

From my side I can suggest KTK Royal residence. Location its not the best but if you stay long time in the city like me its doesnt matter. In my opinion quality to price ktk is one of the best if not the best. Personally I live one year in pattaya already and I do not find nothing better, and i am too lazy to rent the condo.

Cheers

Martin