Support our Sponsors >> Thai Friendly | Pattaya News | Pattaya Unplugged | Buy a drink for Soi 6 Girls | Thailand 24/7 Forum | TPN Property | La La Land bar | NEW PA website | Subscribe to The Pattaya News |Pattaya Investigations | Rage Fight Academy | Buy/Sell Businesses | Isaan Lawyers | Siam Business Brokers | Belts Of Mongering - Mongering Authority | Add your Text or Event here

IGNORED

Best place in Thai to do diving course

stix

If your travelling around mate then koh Tao is the best and cheaper place in Thailand, some say best on the world. Been there years ago, stunning place but the complete opposite of pattaya. Very remote and backpacker type vibe.

If your after diving and whoring/partying then I would say koh somoi or Phuket.

I made OW and AOW at Mermaids ( http://www.mermaiddive.com/ ) and was happy. I think is always a good idea to talk with the instructor before you decide. Most divecentres have many instructors some good some not so good.

One morning I shot an elephant in my pajamas. How he got in my pajamas, I don't know

I did the 4-day open water cert course w Real Divers in Jomtien in early November... www.real-divers.com

Neil and his brother are great guys.... Expats... Been in business there for a good long while. They took care of all my needs and were flexible w my schedule that week.

I always wanted to learn to dive but had never taken the time.... I was also not that experienced in the water, other than snorkeling a number of times.... It was a bit rough for me at first, but my instructor was top notch... Really worked w me and got me through. As you can prob tell, i was really satisfied at the end.

Give them a call and I doubt you will be sorry.

Cheers

• 2 weeks later...

Adventure Divers (http://shar.es/Wlatk) and Pattaya Diving & Fishing (http://shar.es/WFNjj) both operate out of Pattaya and come highly recommended.

Register and play for FREE. Win points. Claim cash and prize rewards sponsored by local businesses. Be a winner!

313005_162225613856613_161827377229770_337741_438166_n.jpg

I would think Phuket. Very much depends on the weather, ie pick a dry month/season. I hear the Similan Islands north of Phuket are some of the best. I've dived for 30 years but can't get interested in diving out of Pattaya, though my newbie diving mate quite likes going with Mermaids around the bottom of Soi 10/Natural Beach hotel.

I rate Pattaya best for full on night life, but Phuket for anything water-sports.

I'd vote for Phukrt if you can avoid the monsoon season. Plenty of diving shools, various dive sites in proximity of the island and many more within a 2 to 7 hour boat trip. I dived there for 10 years and never got bored.

Edited by Benny10

BEER: HELPING UGLY PEOPLE HAVE SEX SINCE 3000 B.C.

I would pick Koh Samui as a cheap dive based Holiday

You have Pussy in Lamai and Chaweng

Dive site off Koh Samui at Sail Rock Shark Rock Koh Tao and Koh Phangnan mixed Sea Life to see and some nice shops who will plan and deal with all your needs

I wouldn't bother with anything around Pattaya, Samui and it surrounding islands are OK but nothing special, I haven't dived in the Koh Chang area so can't comment which now leaves diving on the Andaman coast which is where the best diving is in Thailand.

Phuket, Khao Lak, Krabi, Koh Phi Phi have lots of dive companies and who ever you decide to use make sure dives in the Similan and Surin islands are included in the dive courses you take, simply put the best diving in Thailand at these sites.

Party poooper! What does it say about condoms on the ceiling??

I would rather get the bends than take the risk of one of those dropping on my head again.

They have probably painted over them now and turned them into part of the decor! Your DNA will be captured for millions of years.

:laugh:

I would rather get the bends than take the risk of one of those dropping on my head again.

They have probably painted over them now and turned them into part of the decor! Your DNA will be captured for millions of years.

:laugh:

LOL, I shall be in Pattaya 17-22/4 probably LEK hotel as the rooms have carpet.......crunch crunch. U coming or what?

Room 711. Seriously.

Edited by LRanger

BTW I think Phil at Windmill Club may be considering conducting introductory diving courses, in the club. No scuba gear required.

LOL, I shall be in Pattaya 17-22/4 probably LEK hotel as the rooms have carpet.......crunch crunch. U coming or what?

Room 711. Seriously.

Sounds like a Songkran party for you again! I am coming Feb and staying at VT6 again but couldn't get "our" room this time. Don't think I have ever seen carpet in a room in Pattaya. At least it might hide some of those long black hairs that cause you so much trouble.

you would be my chief instructer

Deep Diver

Cave Diver

Wreck Hunter

Night Diver

And my favourite.......

Search & Recovery.