IGNORED

Snorkeling in Pattaya

HotMachete

Has anyone ever done a day of snorkeling out of Pattaya? I've heard there's better spots in other parts of Thailand, but since I've never been snorkeling in the ocean anywhere before, and have only ever done it in lakes, then I figure Pattaya would be good enough for a first time. Right? Any thoughts? Also, anyone ever taken a girl they've barfined out snorkeling with them the next day?

"Snorkeling". I've never heard it called that before, even if some Pattaya fannies leave you feeling like you've done a spot of deep sea diving.

I've been on a few dives that had snorkelers aboad a couple of times. It seemed to be a bit pricey and you need to make sure the dive area is good for shallow going as well (no need to go reck diving at 30+ meters). Perhaps a better option would be to head out to koh Larn on the ferry and just snorkel off the various beaches. there is a bit of wild life to be seen there and it is much cheaper and you can leave when you want. The food and such is better too.

I took a TG on a dive one time. She was a good swimmer but no previous certification etc. The dive shops have a program for this. I think it's called discover diving. I got my open water cert at mermaids in jomtien. I've dove with other companies in patters but found, in general, I was overall most satisfied with mermaids. BTW, the TG just loved it and was very grateful--we had a great time!

here: http://www.mermaiddive.com/price.htm

full disclosure: I've no tie in with them.

cheers

bert

Pattaya's dead.  You read it here1st.

In case anyone is interested, Adventure Divers have a promotion on for snorkeling, diving, and other trips: http://shar.es/Wk27t

Register and play for FREE. Win points. Claim cash and prize rewards sponsored by local businesses. Be a winner!

313005_162225613856613_161827377229770_337741_438166_n.jpg

Plenty of Brown Trout to see off the Beach at Pats in fact sometimes Schools of them in all Shades of Brown 555

Seriously, I haven't heard of any nice places around Pattaya for snorkeling.

I've been to a couple islands near Pattaya, snorkeled around a bit.

There are some corals, and if you grab one of those bamboo poles from the beach and use it to crush a couple or urchins, many fishes will come to get a bite.

But it was rather boring, corals and fishes are nowhere as varied and beautiful as I saw them around Koh PhiPhi.

One idea is perhaps to ask in the local dive shops about nice places for snorkeling. There are several shops around.

To go snorkeling, I would rather charter a private boat than go with a group.

Edited by manarak